Jeff Landry: All Options Are on the Table to Break Big Tech Monopolies

it's really going to be interesting seeing how democrats defend a pro-censorship anti-free speech agenda.

To argue, I'm all for breaking up monopolies:

1. Its good for national security to have GIANT U.S. based companies. Smaller ones are more easily bought up by the Chinese

2. Does Facebook have a monopoly on anything? What percentage of website clicks do they get?

3. Does Facebook prevent you from opening a website? I have 3.

4. Where does this stop? Does your website or bar have to let me post or speak there? Time to break up Twitter and the remnants of FOX and Infowars also?

Once again, I'm all for breaking up Facebook. I think the small government/pro business crowd screwed the pooch when they let Facebook make any acquisitions over the last 4 or 5 years.
While I agree with everything you posted, you should research and be aware of what Amazon is doing before it is too late.

What's Amazon up to besides mailing Echo's around to listen to me?

Oh yeah, get a Siri to help register your guns boys!

Amazon was the first to get into the market to sub contract out machine web services. There are now late comers competing, like Microsoft, and others, but Amazon is the single largest player. This is where they do their single largest amount of business.

Chances are, USMB uses Alexa web services as a third of all web services are owned by Amazon. They not only own Web services, they own consumer products and they own data streams. It is a cross platform monopoly. It is something akin to when the Rockefellers owned the oil, the rails to transport the oil, and the refineries to refine the oil.

The reason Amazon can undercut consumer prices is because they make up their profit in the Web services sector of the economy. I am not a tech guy AT ALL. I looked to find a video which explains in a short video what web services are, I could not find one, sorry. It is basically the infrastructure with which machines make the internet work.

What are Web Services

Every video I found had a thick accent, this one was the easiest to understand and had the most views.
SOAP Web Services 01 - Introduction To Web Services

Forum List

Back