Jeff Landry: All Options Are on the Table to Break Big Tech Monopolies

skye

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2012
Enough is enough!

Now it's the right time to do it!

Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry told Breitbart News that attorneys general across America — both Democrat and Republican — are considering “all actions,” including the use of existing antitrust law, to curb the growing power held by technology firms such as Google, Facebook, and Twitter.

Please do it now!:clap:

Jeff Landry: All Options Are on the Table to Break Big Tech Monopolies | Breitbart

it's really going to be interesting seeing how democrats defend a pro-censorship anti-free speech agenda.

Landry added, “Just the fact that they can censor any type of speech is problematic, on top of the fact that the monetization of people’s personal data is enriching these companies at the expense of the consumer.”

Totally agree! :thup:

It's enough! No more demrat fascism! NO MORE!

it's really going to be interesting seeing how democrats defend a pro-censorship anti-free speech agenda.

To argue, I'm all for breaking up monopolies:

1. Its good for national security to have GIANT U.S. based companies. Smaller ones are more easily bought up by the Chinese

2. Does Facebook have a monopoly on anything? What percentage of website clicks do they get?

3. Does Facebook prevent you from opening a website? I have 3.

4. Where does this stop? Does your website or bar have to let me post or speak there? Time to break up Twitter and the remnants of FOX and Infowars also?

Once again, I'm all for breaking up Facebook. I think the small government/pro business crowd screwed the pooch when they let Facebook make any acquisitions over the last 4 or 5 years.

1. Its good for national security to have GIANT U.S. based companies. Smaller ones are more easily bought up by the Chinese

2. Does Facebook have a monopoly on anything? What percentage of website clicks do they get?

4. Where does this stop? Does your website or bar have to let me post or speak there? Time to break up Twitter and the remnants of FOX and Infowars also?

Once again, I'm all for breaking up Facebook. I think the small government/pro business crowd screwed the pooch when they let Facebook make any acquisitions over the last 4 or 5 years.

Online censorship didn't become a hot topic until Trump won the election so it's obviously all about politics. Google, Facebook, twitter all make no bones about which side of the aisle they align with. If we let them get away with it, they won't stop at just social media.

Enough is enough!

Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry told Breitbart News that attorneys general across America — both Democrat and Republican — are considering “all actions,” including the use of existing antitrust law, to curb the growing power held by technology firms such as Google, Facebook, and Twitter.

Jeff Landry: All Options Are on the Table to Break Big Tech Monopolies | Breitbart

They have absolutely no case. The fact is that all it takes to compete is a internet connection. Anyone can compete. These are a bunch of fascists pigs that need to be arrested and jailed.

While I agree with everything you posted, you should research and be aware of what Amazon is doing before it is too late.

Online censorship didn't become a hot topic until Trump won the election so it's obviously all about politics. Google, Facebook, twitter all make no bones about which side of the aisle they align with. If we let them get away with it, they won't stop at just social media.

That is so much bullshit. You are the danger to this country you fascist pig.

Enough is enough!

They have absolutely no case. The fact is that all it takes to compete is a internet connection. Anyone can compete. These are a bunch of fascists pigs that need to be arrested and jailed.
What about the folks that own the infrastructure that runs the internet?

AWS Retains Top Spot in Cloud Rankings But Microsoft Is Making Itself Felt

I'm going to argue for the sake of being on a board here. I really am interested in both side of this issue.

So, if Facebook wants to only allow pro NASCAR posts or whatever, do you want big government to go break them up?

Does NASCAR have to let me post on their website? (they have one, right?)

While I agree with everything you posted, you should research and be aware of what Amazon is doing before it is too late.

What's Amazon up to besides mailing Echo's around to listen to me?

Oh yeah, get a Siri to help register your guns boys!

That is so much bullshit. You are the danger to this country you fascist pig.

He may or may not be, but do you think Google is far from being a monopoly? Facebook and Google are the two online advertising sources we find worth it where I work. Are you against breaking up monopolies or just don't think either is there yet?

Enough is enough!

Nonsense.

This isn’t about a ‘concern’ that tech companies have become ‘too powerful.’

This is about the right’s unwarranted hostility toward social media platforms conservatives incorrectly perceive to be ‘liberal.’

Going after Facebook and Google with ‘anti-trust’ lawsuits is partisan and pursued in bad faith, and yet another example of rightwing hypocrisy.

Landry added, “Just the fact that they can censor any type of speech is problematic, on top of the fact that the monetization of people’s personal data is enriching these companies at the expense of the consumer.”

Totally agree! :thup:

It's enough! No more demrat fascism! NO MORE!
And with this idiotic post you confirm the fact that this is about partisan politics, not a concern that tech companies have become ‘too big.’

Private web hosting sites are at liberty to edit content as they see fit, they’re not subject to First Amendment limits and restrictions, and as such their editing of content is neither ‘censorship’ nor ‘interfering’ with ‘free speech.’

I'm going to argue for the sake of being on a board here. I really am interested in both side of this issue.

So, if Facebook wants to only allow pro NASCAR posts or whatever, do you want big government to go break them up?

Nascar is kind of a niche interest whereas you'd be hard pressed to find many Americans who don't have a facebook or twitter account or who don't use google. They're ubiquitous to the point of being a utility service and should be treated as such. Besides, why should only one side of the argument be allowed to use these platforms to spread their ideas?

Nascar is kind of a niche interest whereas you'd be hard pressed to find many Americans who don't have a facebook or twitter account or who don't use google. They're ubiquitous to the point of being a utility service and should be treated as such. Besides, why should only one side of the argument be allowed to use these platforms to spread their ideas?
Keep in mind we are just here to argue and I ride the fence on this one....

So you want Big Government to break up Google, Facebook and Twitter?

Seems pretty liberal and anti-capitalistic.

Anti-American to. The smaller pieces will be harder to keep control of and harder to keep the Chinese from buying up.

ppl are going to accuse you of those things.

Keep in mind we are just here to argue and I ride the fence on this one....

So you want Big Government to break up Google, Facebook and Twitter?

Seems pretty liberal and anti-capitalistic.

Anti-American to. The smaller pieces will be harder to keep control of and harder to keep the Chinese from buying up.

ppl are going to accuse you of those things.

Which is more anti-american? Letting letting the American people choose for themselves whether or not to engage with ideas they don't like or letting unelected billionaires take away the choice altogether? Also, unrestrained corporate greed is becoming less and less easy to defend in American politics. The folks that live by the mantra "free market capitalism is the solution to all problems" are getting old, a younger generation is open to new ideas.

Forum List

Back