Jeb

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

Looking more like Jeb is gonna run, so let's look at some random facts.

1. As I understand it, he's a "RINO", so he'd have to overcome the more conservative elements of the GOP.

2. I've heard (haven't seen data on this) that 4 million GOP voters stayed home because Romney was a "RINO".

3. The party needs a presidential victory pretty badly right now.

So if Jeb somehow survived the nominating process, can he win without those 4 million votes, or would some or all of those voters suck it up and vote for him?

I guess the same question applies to Christie.

America loves the Bushs.'

Aside from the market collapse and the uncertainty of the Iraq war as a blemish, the Bushs are kind of royalty in the US.

He's a Bush, his brother pretty much ruined that dynasty and I can tell you right now that having to somehow prove that he's different and better than that would be an impossible task.

1. As I understand it, he's a "RINO", so he'd have to overcome the more conservative elements of the GOP.

2. I've heard (haven't seen data on this) that 4 million GOP voters stayed home because Romney was a "RINO".

So if Jeb somehow survived the nominating process, can he win without those 4 million votes, or would some or all of those voters suck it up and vote for him?

1. The conservatives will whine and welp, but at the end of the day they will get behind whoever the Wall Street types demand they vote for. And after he loses, they will whine, "If only you nominated a real conservative!"

2. This is horseshit. The high point for any Republican Candidate was George W. Bush in 2004 with 62,039,073. The Weird Mormon Robot got 60,589,084 in 2012. and no, this 1.45 Million difference was probably not Republicans. They were probably independents who realized that we were in the middle of a war and you don't change presidents in the middle of a war, no matter how much of a bonehead he was.

3. The Republicans need to find a way to stop alienating women, minorities, and working folks. Winning will attend to itself. IN 2014, they are going full out Bubba vote in the Confederate election, which won't help them even a little bit in 2016.

Now, all that said, Jeb Bush's problem is that his name is Bush. A family that had brought you the last three wars and the last three recessions. Will the voters have a short enough attention span to forget that? Maybe.

The GOP's problems go a lot deeper than who they put at the top of the ticket, and winning the Confederate Election of 2014 isn't going to get them to address those problems.

Got news for you, 4 million stayed home because Romney is a MORMON.

1. The conservatives will whine and welp, but at the end of the day they will get behind whoever the Wall Street types demand they vote for. And after he loses, they will whine, "If only you nominated a real conservative!"

2. This is horseshit. The high point for any Republican Candidate was George W. Bush in 2004 with 62,039,073. The Weird Mormon Robot got 60,589,084 in 2012. and no, this 1.45 Million difference was probably not Republicans. They were probably independents who realized that we were in the middle of a war and you don't change presidents in the middle of a war, no matter how much of a bonehead he was.

3. The Republicans need to find a way to stop alienating women, minorities, and working folks. Winning will attend to itself. IN 2014, they are going full out Bubba vote in the Confederate election, which won't help them even a little bit in 2016.

Now, all that said, Jeb Bush's problem is that his name is Bush. A family that had brought you the last three wars and the last three recessions. Will the voters have a short enough attention span to forget that? Maybe.

The GOP's problems go a lot deeper than who they put at the top of the ticket, and winning the Confederate Election of 2014 isn't going to get them to address those problems.
"The Confederate Election".

Now, that is really childish.

Seems to me that, aside from everything else, he'd also need to run against his brother.

Maybe he has a plan for this, but his will be one helluva complicated campaign.

Jeb would be an empty hole for business oriented republicans to fruitlessly throw money into. I do not think he is stupid enough to think he actually has a chance.

Chris Christie will NEVER get the nomination.

No real conservative will ever forget his pandering to Obama after Sandy, in return for a case of donuts.

Jeb can win.

He is personable, he will have to run from his brother, and the far right does not elect presidents, only the center does, and Jeb can pull the center.

His comments that many illegals who break our laws coming here, do so out of an "act of love" for their families and should be treated differently than people who illegally cross U.S. borders or overstay visas will keep me from ever supporting his ass.

Got news for you, 4 million stayed home because Romney is a MORMON.

No, no they didn't.

I voted for Obama because Romney was a Mormon, but the dumb-ass Fundy Cleetus-type who said they weren't going to vote for no Mormons went ahead and totally voted for a Mormon.

Romney only got 1.45 million less votes than Dubya Bush did in 2004 (And 10 million MORE votes than Bush got in 2000). Those werent' conservatives, those were moderate.

Romney got 92% of the Republican vote and 82% of the Conservative vote, compared to 93% and 84% that Dubya Bush got in 2004.

Meanwhile, he got 41% of the Moderate vote compared to Bush's 45%.

The real telling number, though, is on Race. Romney got 59% of the white vote compared to Bush's 58% of it.

BUT Romney only got 27% of the Hispanic vote and 6% of the black vote. (And given he belongs to a cult that calls dark skin a curse from God, I'm amazed he got that much) Bush got 44% of the Hispanic vote and 11% of the black vote. Which was just enough to put him over the top in places like Ohio and Florida.

Now, Jeb's big selling point is that he hasn't pissed off Hispanics like most of your party. He's even married to a Hispanic.

His comments that many illegals who break our laws coming here, do so out of an "act of love" for their families and should be treated differently than people who illegally cross U.S. borders or overstay visas will keep me from ever supporting his ass.

That's three words.

Maybe you can wait until you see his big picture plan before you make such a decision.

I like bush but I have had enough of the Bush clan. I also have had enough of the Clinton Clan. Time for something new although I think Jeb Bush would have been the best of the three their time has pasted.

That said I don't think that the Iraq war would hurt Jeb at all. In the middle of the affair Bush was reelected, no matter how close. Certainly the hate and smear thrown on GWB wouldn't help Jeb but those saying he doesn't stand a chance would never vote for any Republican let alone Jeb.

What the country needs is a leader. We have been leaderless for 6 years now. You can blame race if you want but I just lost my voice in support of a team comprised 90 percent of blacks. You can blame party partisanship but that is pretty much a given by both sides. If Hillary would have been elected and did exactly the same as Obama then she too would have recieved the same treatment.

No, Obama is a failure because he is a failure at leadership. Not his fault, he doesn't have the qualitfications.

Forum List

Back