When anti-government types get scared

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
They worship big government, which is demonstrated by their approval of locking up a nurse, denying her access to a shower and even a toilet. She isn't sick and she has no symptoms of being sick.

Yes, when the shit hits the fan they always look to the government to do the dirty work. When they are the government they gleefully become everything they claim to despise.

the nurse has to be patient and understand the situation where everyone is scrambling to make good decisions toward the optimal end result for everyone...

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Sunday night gave the first new details about how his state’s quarantine would work, noting that individuals would be allowed to stay in their homes for 21 days. State and local health-care workers would check on quarantined people twice a day to monitor for Ebola symptoms. Those with symptoms would be taken to a hospital. People whose jobs won’t compensate them during their quarantine would be paid by the state.

Travelers who have had no direct contact with Ebola patients wouldn’t be subject to confinement at home, but they would be consulted twice-daily by health officials over the three-week period.

New York officials said the new protocols still went further than those recommended by the federal government.

“My personal practice is to err on the side of caution,” said Mr. Cuomo. Asked if he got White House pressure to shape the policy, Mr. Cuomo said: “I have had none.”

The New York quarantine policy appears designed to strike a different tone from New Jersey, where Kaci Hickox, a 33-year-old Doctors Without Borders nurse, has been held in a tent in a Newark hospital for three days...

http://online.wsj.com/articles/chri...th-care-workers-1414335046?mod=trending_now_1

There are blood tests for Ebola, but they are imperfect.
And giving them to everyone arriving from West Africa might well backfire, some experts argue, because some new arrivals could pass the strictest test and then still fall ill days later. Because they had tested negative once, they could easily assume that symptoms like fever, nausea and diarrhea were just a flu. They could then potentially spread Ebola until they became so ill that they were forced to go to an emergency room. Because early treatment is important, it could also endanger their lives.

The difficulty is that Ebola has a relatively long incubation period. Although most people show symptoms within four to seven days after infection, some do not show them for up to 21 days. Dr. Craig Spencer, the physician who arrived in New York on Oct. 17, might have been able to pass an Ebola test that day. He did not detect a fever — a classic, although imperfect, warning sign — until Oct. 23. Kaci Hickox, the nurse who was forced into quarantine at Newark airport on Oct. 24, despite having had a negative Ebola test, might still develop Ebola — or she might never.

There are rapid, cheap tests for Ebola, based on detecting antibodies to the virus, but they work only when a victim has already been ill for several days. Antibodies are produced by the body’s counterattack on the virus, and are therefore not detectable until that counterattack is well under way. By that time, the victim might have infected others.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/...-all-new-arrivals/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

His fever kept rising. The first Ebola test came back negative.

“I really was more irritated that I was going to have to sit in my house for three days,” Dr Brantly said, speaking in quiet, even tones. “I knew the first test, unless it is positive, is not the definitive test.”

Ebola survivor Dr. Kent Brantly I m not worried about the virus stigma - Health - TODAY.com

Yes, when the shit hits the fan they always look to the government to do the dirty work. When they are the government they gleefully become everything they claim to despise.
So IOW, they act just like the left. But somehow it is bad when they do it. Got it.

They worship big government, which is demonstrated by their approval of locking up a nurse, denying her access to a shower and even a toilet. She isn't sick and she has no symptoms of being sick.

I didn't know governor Cuomo and mayor de Blasio were "anti-government" types.

Hey look, this is the newest game "Pretend Republicans dont have a history of hating Govt or being Anti Govt "

Neither was the Doctor in NY until he self reported.

Quarantine is not locking up.

That's what government is supposed to be there for, not to pay favorites with gun rights, regulate the size of my Soda, or take my money and give it to someone else. Argumentum ad absurdum, the 1st refuge of the progressive.

This is the kind of thing the Right sets itself up for when they insist on being simplistic and absolutist about government.

They become easy targets for lefties who aren't terribly concerned about intellectual honesty. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Both ends are really hurting us.

Forum List

Back