Jeb Bush To Voter: "I Don't Understand Your Life"

ObamaCare is an example of a one-size-fits-all law shoved down our throats by the federal government.

Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) regulations are another. The snowmobiling guy is forced to use gas with ethanol in his snowmobile.

Jeb is trying to play both sides against the middle on ethanol.

However, after Bush sat down with Rastetter, listeners were left debating what he’d actually said.

Bush said that the RFS “has worked, for sure” and “has been a benefit” because it has “reduced our dependence on foreign oil.” But he also gave a nod to the more conservative elements of the GOP who oppose government support for industry and corporations.

“I would suggest to you that ultimately, whether it’s ethanol or any other alternative fuel, renewable or otherwise, the markets ultimately are going to decide this,” Bush said. “At some point we’ll see a reduction of the RFS need because ethanol will be such a valuable part of the energy piece of our country. Whether that’s 2022 or sometime in the future I don’t know.”

That sounded like a knock on the RFS. But Couser, Shaw and other renewable fuel advocates noted that the law actually requires the phasing out of the RFS in 2022.

Immediately after Bush finished speaking, Craig Robinson, a widely read conservative blogger who runs the Iowa Republican website, said he thought Bush was coming down ever so slightly against the RFS in a play for hardcore conservatives.

“Bush didn’t come out and say that he outright opposed the Renewable Fuel Standard and wind tax credit, but he didn’t embrace them either. Bush essentially took a similar position to Senators Ted Cruz and Rand Paul by saying that ultimately the market should decide,” Robinson wrote in an e-mail.

Jeb Bush remarks on ethanol have Iowans reading tea leaves - Yahoo News

He's from Flor-i-da, they don't know the joys of snow.
Untrue
A lot of people in Florida are transplants.
They know snow. They know it sucks. That's why they are here
:thup:

Snow doesn't suck! Snow gives us snowflakes so we can make snowmen on our snow days off from work!
And you get to scrape I e off your windshield and pour water on your door locks and shovel the shit off your sidewalks and driveway

Yea.....great stuff

However, after Bush sat down with Rastetter, listeners were left debating what he’d actually said.

Bush said that the RFS “has worked, for sure” and “has been a benefit” because it has “reduced our dependence on foreign oil.” But he also gave a nod to the more conservative elements of the GOP who oppose government support for industry and corporations.

“I would suggest to you that ultimately, whether it’s ethanol or any other alternative fuel, renewable or otherwise, the markets ultimately are going to decide this,” Bush said. “At some point we’ll see a reduction of the RFS need because ethanol will be such a valuable part of the energy piece of our country. Whether that’s 2022 or sometime in the future I don’t know.”

That sounded like a knock on the RFS. But Couser, Shaw and other renewable fuel advocates noted that the law actually requires the phasing out of the RFS in 2022.

Immediately after Bush finished speaking, Craig Robinson, a widely read conservative blogger who runs the Iowa Republican website, said he thought Bush was coming down ever so slightly against the RFS in a play for hardcore conservatives.

“Bush didn’t come out and say that he outright opposed the Renewable Fuel Standard and wind tax credit, but he didn’t embrace them either. Bush essentially took a similar position to Senators Ted Cruz and Rand Paul by saying that ultimately the market should decide,” Robinson wrote in an e-mail.

So he's wishy-washy. Big surprise there.

What concerns me most is not what Bush said. What concerns me is what may be the Daily Caller's deliberate manipulation of what he said in order to provide an entirely false image of Bush for propaganda purposes. That would be a far, far greater danger to the American people.

Manipulative, subjective media is how we get into wars we shouldn't.

He's from Flor-i-da, they don't know the joys of snow.
Untrue
A lot of people in Florida are transplants.
They know snow. They know it sucks. That's why they are here
:thup:

Snow doesn't suck! Snow gives us snowflakes so we can make snowmen on our snow days off from work!
And you get to scrape I e off your windshield and pour water on your door locks and shovel the shit off your sidewalks and driveway

Yea.....great stuff

Start the car and let it run while you shovel some snow (great exercise btw), give it a bit, defroster melts it all away.

And snow days, damn it, snow days!!

Here's what I think Jeb's full answer was. I think he was saying that the interests of the people of Florida are going to be different from the interests of the people of New Hampshire.

The guy asked a question about the gas for his snowmobile. Do Floridians go snowmobiling? Nope. Thus, "I don't understand your life."

Jeb saw snowmobiling as a way to illustrate the differences in interests the separate states can have.

Therefore, the idea of the federal government trying to force one-size-fits-all regulations and laws on the country is antithetical to that principle.

And that is about as Conservative an answer as it gets.

I have a very strong suspicion that is the full context of Jeb's answer, and the Daily Caller committed a gross lie of omission with their article. If that is the case, this is what we are talking about when we say these hack media outlets are propaganda organs. It sounds to me like the Daily Caller is deliberately communicating a bogus conclusion they want you to come to about Jeb Bush.

Stay tuned. I'm sure the full context will come out eventually.

He's exactly like hiLIARy, a squishy moderate with ambiguous positions that morph and "eveolve" depending upon the audience.......

The big question remains - is he against homo marriage before he was for it?? ....cuz that's hiLIARy's position...

:lol:

What concerns me most is not what Bush said. What concerns me is what may be the Daily Caller's deliberate manipulation of what he said in order to provide an entirely false image of Bush for propaganda purposes. That would be a far, far greater danger to the American people.

Manipulative media is how we get into wars we shouldn't.
There should be a transcript somewhere. No one sane would believe that Jeb really meant Floridians are stupid (even though the vast majority of them are). If anything, he was making a joke.

Here's what I think Jeb's full answer was. I think he was saying that the interests of the people of Florida are going to be different from the interests of the people of New Hampshire.

The guy asked a question about the gas for his snowmobile. Do Floridians go snowmobiling? Nope. Thus, "I don't understand your life."

Jeb saw snowmobiling as a way to illustrate the differences in interests the separate states can have.

Therefore, the idea of the federal government trying to force one-size-fits-all regulations and laws on the country is antithetical to that principle.

I have a very strong suspicion that is the full context of Jeb's answer, and the Daily Caller committed a gross lie of omission with their article. If that is the case, this is what we are talking about when we say these hack media outlets are propaganda organs. It sounds to me like the Daily Caller is deliberately communicating a bogus conclusion they want you to come to about Jeb Bush.

He's exactly like hiLIARy, a squishy moderate with ambiguous positions that morph and "eveolve" depending upon the audience.......

The big question remains - is he against homo marriage before he was for it?? ....cuz that's hiLIARy's position...

I know quite a few people that opposed gay marriage and changed their minds. You need something else to have a hissy fit over.

I know quite a few people that opposed gay marriage and changed their minds. You need something else to have a hissy fit over.

And so do you Valeravi.....

:rofl:

The far Right is opposed to Jeb Bush almost as much as the Left. And so it should come as no surprise The Daily Pisser...er...The Daily Caller has just placed an article on their site which shows Jeb Bush in a bad light.

Jeb Bush To Voter I Don t Understand Your Life The Daily Caller

Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush told a New Hampshire voter Friday that he doesn’t understand their life.

“I am from Florida. I don’t understand your life,” Bush told a voter who asked a question about ethanol mandates in fuel, according to Patrick Derenze, an observer of Bush’s speech at the “Politics and Eggs” breakfast in Concord.

Derenze, questioned by The Daily Caller, maintained that Bush was not joking.

That article is extremely short. The Daily Pisser gives absolutely no context of that statement. None.

We can learn a little more by reading the Twitter post by this guy Derenze.

It was in response to a question about ethanol mandates in fuel. Had to do with snowmobiles. Jeb wasn't joking.

I have more thoughts on this remark, but I will wait for others to comment.
I think he's admitting that most people from Floriduh are borderline retarded.

Then please I beg YOU to stay out of Florida. You would drop the average IQ here significantly and it's too low now.
The first night I stayed in Florida, someone's car next to ours was robbed. It was owned by the people in the room next to us. The place had a dummy camera and no security whatesover.

Bottom line in Florida is that you are on your own, and a gun is necessary to protect property from the lawless hordes that congregate there.

The far Right is opposed to Jeb Bush almost as much as the Left. And so it should come as no surprise The Daily Pisser...er...The Daily Caller has just placed an article on their site which shows Jeb Bush in a bad light.

Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush told a New Hampshire voter Friday that he doesn’t understand their life.

“I am from Florida. I don’t understand your life,” Bush told a voter who asked a question about ethanol mandates in fuel, according to Patrick Derenze, an observer of Bush’s speech at the “Politics and Eggs” breakfast in Concord.

That article is extremely short. The Daily Pisser gives absolutely no context of that statement. None.

It was in response to a question about ethanol mandates in fuel. Had to do with snowmobiles. Jeb wasn't joking.

Then please I beg YOU to stay out of Florida. You would drop the average IQ here significantly and it's too low now.
I'm a native Floridian. One of the few with brains.

Apparently not.

It isn't just the far right. He's not well liked or trusted by anyone.
I have a very strong feeling that Jeb's full response was one that every conservative would enthusiastically agree with.

If that turns out to be the case, what would you think of the Daily Pisser for deliberately omitting the full answer and twisting it into an elitist/ignorant one?

I'll answer that when I find out it's true. But for now I'll say that I never trust any so-called "news source" these days.

The first night I stayed in Florida, someone's car next to ours was robbed. It was owned by the people in the room next to us. The place had a dummy camera and no security whatesover.

Bottom line in Florida is that you are on your own, and a gun is necessary to protect property from the lawless hordes that congregate there.

Yeah that sucks, you should probably never come back.

I don't like Florida because I don't like sand. Also, they have some of the weirdest, biggest bugs.

And then there's like a trillion lovebugs covering the landscape during mating season...

Forum List

Back