Jeb Bush on 2016: GOP needs to lose primary to win general election

Super_Lantern

VIP Member
Jun 2, 2013
“I don’t know if I’d be a good candidate or a bad one,” Bush told an audience of CEOs at a conference sponsored by The Wall Street Journal. “I kinda know how a Republican can win, whether it’s me or somebody else – and it has to be much more uplifting, much more positive, much more wiling to be, ‘lose the primary to win the general’ without violating your principles. It’s not an easy task, to be honest with you.

Jeb Bush on 2016 GOP needs to lose the primary to win the general MSNBC

5346bf63e00a3.preview-620.jpg

Jeb and Christie battling it out for the lead establishment/moderate section of the primary pie. Rand Paul and Ted Cruz aspiring to be seen as the most pro-constitution/states rights candidate. Cruz will have the far-right edge while Rand has the eyes of the libertarians. Rick Perry has done so much to improve his image among GOP voters. How can anyone not admire and like Ben Carson? All of these guys have a unique and worthwhile weapon in this fight. Only one can be the victor though

NO to any bush and that's forever as far as I'm concerned . Same for the fat man Christy . I like Cruz and Carson best .

Jeb's relevance exists because when he does not run it will be used against Hillary that the left is heading the country into a dynasty, while the right avoided it, despite having the option...

Itr's pretty easy to understand politics.

Jeb's relevance exists because when he does not run it will be used against Hillary that the left is heading the country into a dynasty, while the right avoided it, despite having the option...

Itr's pretty easy to understand politics.
interesting view

The 2016 primary season is going to be awesome
For the Dems it will be, for your side not so much.

lol, a hyper partisan doing what it does best. Thanks for that display PMH, we all knew we could count on you. The Dem party is about where the Rep party was 6 years into Bush's time in office.... divided and confused.
Divided over what, not holding Congress? Yeah, that's never happened to us before right? And we hold the White House and currently the only electable name around. Sorry but there's no division that I know of while you guys are still tearing each other apart as one side tries to take the White House and the other side tries to take the White House of 1852.

I feel the GOP has essentially become the "not a Democrat" party. It contains everything from right-wingers to right-leaning libertarians to pro-gun/fiscal-con/social-libs, to right-leaning moderates, to evangelicals, etc. So it's difficult to unite the whole party. The GOP is a large tent party with more varied opinions and ideology than what you'll find in the Democrat party. I'm not saying there aren't varying degrees of liberalism found among members of the Democrat party, I am saying I feel there are more ideological differences among members in the GOP though.

My mom loves Hillary Clinton and I love and respect my mom so I'm not going blindly hate on Hillary. She seems pretty centrist (well I guess it depends on who you talk to), and I can respect that. With Hillary I feel there's a 50/50 chance she amazingly unites her party and cakewalks through her primary OR decides to NOT EVEN RUN. I see it going either way

Last edited:
Enough with the Bush's already, and the Clintons for that matter and thank God Obama doesn't have a son or brother one of him a century is more than enough.

The 2016 primary season is going to be awesome
For the Dems it will be, for your side not so much.

lol, a hyper partisan doing what it does best. Thanks for that display PMH, we all knew we could count on you. The Dem party is about where the Rep party was 6 years into Bush's time in office.... divided and confused.
Divided over what, not holding Congress? Yeah, that's never happened to us before right? And we hold the White House and currently the only electable name around. Sorry but there's no division that I know of while you guys are still tearing each other apart as one side tries to take the White House and the other side tries to take the White House of 1852.

There's no division, mostly the Democrats who are left are the freak show liberals. The rest of the Democrats got fired by the voters in their districts, kicked to the curb for being freak show liberal collaborators.

Forum List

Back