Japanese B-Girls Celebrate Black Culture

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
When a friend sent me a clip of these self-described Japanese b-girls celebrating all things young, black and Hip Hop, I was truly blown away by just how far Hip-Hop’s reach is. I for one think it’s a positive thing, but wanted to get your opinions. With phrases like, “Black people look so great and stylish,” I can’t help but be flattered. But then there’s the “When we wear it, it looks vulgar but not with Black people” remark that leaves a question mark on my face. They even tan!

I do find it really interesting that Hina became interested in Black culture after her hair took on a “frizzier” texture. Perhaps there’s more that binds us than just Hip Hop music? What’s interesting is that it took me seeing these Japanese b-girls embrace our style to start thinking about who they are outside of the images I see of them marketed on our airwaves. I’m delighted to see the diverse sizes, hairstyles and clothes the Japanese people rock and I want to know more! One thing's for sure, I’m feeling those braids Hina! Get it!

Japanese B-Girls Celebrate Black Culture | Curly Nikki | Natural Hair Styles and Curly Hair Care

These girls try to tan themselves as dark as they can.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qe4AZRkFYE]'Black lifestyle' in Japan - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
If you were a Japanese woman what would you do? This is what Japanese men are like.

In Japan, 'Herbivore' Boys Subvert Ideas Of Manhood : NPR

The sensitive New Age man has finally arrived in the land of the salaryman. But there is a catch — a particularly important one in Japan, where the declining birthrate has caused alarm: The new Japanese man doesn't appear to be interested in women or sex.

In Tokyo on the weekends, the trendy area of Harajuku is a melting pot of urban tribes: Lolita goths bat their fake eyelashes, while the punks glower.

Away from the strutting are the retiring wallflowers, a quiet army of sweet young men with floppy hair and skinny jeans. These young men are becoming known as Japan's "herbivores" — from the Japanese phrase for "grass-eating boys" — guys who are heterosexual but who say they aren't really interested in matters of the flesh.

A black rapper is looking pretty good to the women if this is an example of the men.

Away from the strutting are the retiring wallflowers, a quiet army of sweet young men with floppy hair and skinny jeans. These young men are becoming known as Japan's "herbivores" — from the Japanese phrase for "grass-eating boys" — guys who are heterosexual but who say they aren't really interested in matters of the flesh.
I guess that's better than being a homo.

Because at least they aren't going around spread diseases. :cool:

My point was that Japanese women are responding to an over-hyped sexuality of black rappers. Who could blame them?

If you were a Japanese woman what would you do? This is what Japanese men are like.

There you go again. :rolleyes: Have you ever even set foot in Japan? Are you under the impression that Harajuku represents the entire country? Are you really eager to make a fool of yourself again?

Oh, don't tell me; there are some people in your art school...

My point was that Japanese women are responding to an over-hyped sexuality of black rappers. Who could blame them?

Your eagerness to embrace ignorance is remarkable.

Hi unkotare

I don't think so that Japaneses people are responsible for this it depend on us what wwe have do or not.

Forum List

Back