Japanese abandon six nuclear reactors

There are many ship based power stations in the world. These troubled nuclear power plants are located right on the ocean. There is no excuse for not ordering one of these ships to that shore to connect to the power plants & provide the power need to run the cooling system.

fgg.jpg
350x.jpg

They could have even brought in some smaller generators to replace the failed back-up generators in the amount of time that has elapsed. The Japanese power company & government have failed to do their jobs properly.

Well the Japanese government finally admitted to failing to properly respond to the nuclear emergency that was unfolding. All they had to do was install a new generator after the tsunami took out the old one & this could have been avoided. Now that explosions have destroyed the cooling system pipes, they have created quite a huge mess.

Japan official: Disasters overwhelmed government
The Japanese government acknowledged Friday that it was overwhelmed by the scale of last week's twin natural disasters, slowing the response to the nuclear crisis that was triggered by the earthquake and tsunami that left at least 10,000 people dead.

The admission came as Japan welcomed U.S. help in stabilizing its overheated, radiation-leaking nuclear complex, and reclassified the rating of the nuclear accident from Level 4 to Level 5 on a seven-level international scale, putting it on a par with the 1979 Three Mile Island accident.

Nuclear experts have been saying for days that Japan was underplaying the severity of the nuclear crisis, which later Friday the prime minister called "very grave."
Japan Nuclear Power Officials hang their heads in shame for screwing up their response to the preventable unfolding neuclear disaster. One even cries as he leaves.
capt.a5466722f9f74bf596d81f52f8e89cd7-a5466722f9f74bf596d81f52f8e89cd7-0.jpg
capt.c33b9e53161d4ccb87d160b072e7d8ed-c33b9e53161d4ccb87d160b072e7d8ed-0.jpg

Last edited:
There are many ship based power stations in the world. These troubled nuclear power plants are located right on the ocean. There is no excuse for not ordering one of these ships to that shore to connect to the power plants & provide the power need to run the cooling system.

fgg.jpg
350x.jpg

They could have even brought in some smaller generators to replace the failed back-up generators in the amount of time that has elapsed. The Japanese power company & government have failed to do their jobs properly.

Well the Japanese government finally admitted to failing to properly respond to the nuclear emergency that was unfolding. All they had to do was install a new generator after the tsunami took out the old one & this could have been avoided. Now that explosions have destroyed the cooling system pipes, they have created quite a huge mess.

The Japanese government acknowledged Friday that it was overwhelmed by the scale of last week's twin natural disasters, slowing the response to the nuclear crisis that was triggered by the earthquake and tsunami that left at least 10,000 people dead.

The admission came as Japan welcomed U.S. help in stabilizing its overheated, radiation-leaking nuclear complex, and reclassified the rating of the nuclear accident from Level 4 to Level 5 on a seven-level international scale, putting it on a par with the 1979 Three Mile Island accident.

Nuclear experts have been saying for days that Japan was underplaying the severity of the nuclear crisis, which later Friday the prime minister called "very grave."

I think if I owned that ship I would be hesitant to park it next to a building spewing radiation---call me selfish.

fgg.jpg
350x.jpg

I think if I owned that ship I would be hesitant to park it next to a building spewing radiation---call me selfish.

There was no radiation to contaminate the power ship in the beginning. After a couple of days , the lack of emergency power caused the explosions that broke the cooling systems & now releases radiation. Faster action would have prevented this disaster. They could have helicoptered in some generators.
3516c-generator-set-model-view-2.jpg

power-generator-electric-generator-equipment-1

nobody does the 'frog walk' quite like the Japanese. Their failure used to be punishable by death. I bet there are many wishing that on them now. It certainly seems to be the case with some around here.

That said...

News from The Associated Press

Excerpt:

Initial readings are "about a billion times beneath levels that would be health threatening," the diplomat told The Associated Press, speaking on condition of anonymity because the CTBTO does not make its findings public.

and

Hartl said includes Tokyo where "radiation levels have increased very slightly, but are still well below the absolute levels of radiation where it would be considered a public health risk."
He also said "in general travelers returning from Japan do not represent a health hazard."

Few radioactive particles on U.S. west coast: sources - Yahoo! News

The level of radiation was far too low to cause any harm to humans, they said. One diplomat, citing information from a network of international monitoring stations, described the material as "ever so slight," consisting of only a few particles.
"They are irrelevant," the diplomat added.

Hmmm... time to panic, drink Iodine and live in a lead lined shelter yet?

The Japanese need to encase all those reactors in concrete, as was done in the Chernoble nuclear disaster. And they need to get a hole lot of cement trucks up ther now!. What the hell are they waiting for.?This is the only way to effectivlely stop the spread of radiation now.

fgg.jpg
350x.jpg

There was no radiation to contaminate the power ship in the beginning. After a couple of days , the lack of emergency power caused the explosions that broke the cooling systems & now releases radiation. Faster action would have prevented this disaster. They could have helicoptered in some generators.
3516c-generator-set-model-view-2.jpg

power-generator-electric-generator-equipment-1

20/20 hindsight--very good.
I gotta hunch that the Japanese didn't intentionally let the reactors go ballistic. In fact I bet they had some confidence in the plans they had worked out since they are there and have access to all the information.

How did Jaczko come to his conclusion?

He is psychic and can see through the walls of the building from all the way around the world. No American expert has gotten closer than Tokyo to the plants, but our guy knows what is happening inside them.

According to Britains Chief Nuclear Scientist, no one knows how serious the damage is inside the plants. They can't get in there to look, and the monitoring systems have failed. However, the likelihood is that the rods are rapidly running out of water.

He said the fact that they are dropping water from helicopters shows that they are desperate and it the fear of a meltdown is not just a concern, but a probability. Unless they can cool the rods down fast, they are fucked.

Interestingly enough, no one has ever disputed this. I just object to the continued fear mongering among the anti science idiots like Chris who are blowing the danger all out of proportion. They just upgraded the rating of the danger to Level 5, which means that it will have a similar impact to Three Mile Island. Last time I looked, that incident was not a disaster of the first magnitude, and it did not result in wide swaths of Pennsylvania being declared uninhabitable for thousands of years. If you have any data that proves me wrong about that, feel free to post it.

I don't believe the radiation is endangering the population in Japan yet but it is certainly higher than their government is letting on. They are only claiming elevated radiation at 30km from the plant. But people from Tokyo which is 250km away are flying into the USA & setting off radiation detectors at the airports. Clearly they getting hit by it over there. I don't know if they traveled from the radiation zone or not before boarding at the Tokyo airport & flying to the USA where they are setting off radiation detectors at the USA airports.

Last edited:
20/20 hindsight--very good.
I gotta hunch that the Japanese didn't intentionally let the reactors go ballistic. In fact I bet they had some confidence in the plans they had worked out since they are there and have access to all the information.

How can you be rational!!!

The reactors are going to EXPLODE!!!!

Japan is GOING TO SINK!!!!

The ENTIRE WORLD WILL BE WIPED OUT!!!!

See what I mean? People pay more attention to you when you scare them.

He is psychic and can see through the walls of the building from all the way around the world. No American expert has gotten closer than Tokyo to the plants, but our guy knows what is happening inside them.

According to Britains Chief Nuclear Scientist, no one knows how serious the damage is inside the plants. They can't get in there to look, and the monitoring systems have failed. However, the likelihood is that the rods are rapidly running out of water.

He said the fact that they are dropping water from helicopters shows that they are desperate and it the fear of a meltdown is not just a concern, but a probability. Unless they can cool the rods down fast, they are fucked.

Interestingly enough, no one has ever disputed this. I just object to the continued fear mongering among the anti science idiots like Chris who are blowing the danger all out of proportion. They just upgraded the rating of the danger to Level 5, which means that it will have a similar impact to Three Mile Island. Last time I looked, that incident was not a disaster of the first magnitude, and it did not result in wide swaths of Pennsylvania being declared uninhabitable for thousands of years. If you have any data that proves me wrong about that, feel free to post it.
Such irony from the dope that is melting down over airport scanners.

Such irony from the dope that is melting down over airport scanners.

My primary issue with scanners is that they amount to an illegal and unconstitutional search. I have posted some information that they are more dangerous than the government admits, and I recently posted the fact that the government now admits that they have higher radiation levels than they thought.

Want to try again?

A third of the USA has already been hit by worse nuclear fallout than Japan from 1951 to 1958 when the U.S. government conducted 90 nuclear bomb tests in the Nevada desert, sending particles contaminated with radioactive iodine-131 across much of the country.
fallout.jpg

My grandmother was pregnant & living in North East Missouri at that time. She went outside to get the clothes of of the clothe line because it was starting to rain. She said the rain drops were making dirty water spots on the white sheets that she was pulling off the line. She imediatly fell ill, was taken to the nearest hospital miscarried & hemoraged for over a week. There where a bunch of others that arrived at the same time with similar sudden illness. The majority of them came from the drive-in theater where a muddy rain fell on them during the movie.

The radioactive iodine was carried by winds and fell on pastures where it was eaten by cows, contaminating their milk. Smaller amounts contaminated other dairy products and leafy vegetables. Children of that era (people ranging in age from late 40s to mid 60s now) are at higher risk for a couple reasons. Children generally drink more milk than adults & Children have smaller thyroids.

Therefore, with children, more radioactive Iodine-131 would have built up in a smaller amount of tissue. Furthermore if children in areas such consumed fresh milk directly from the cow, their exposure to radiation would have been even greater. Fresh milk from backyard or farm cows usually contained more I-131 than store-bought milk because processing and shipping milk allowed more time for the radioactive iodine to break down.

The National Cancer Institute estimates that exposure to fallout from the bomb tests could produce over 200,000 excess cases of thyroid cancer. Thyroid cancer is a very slow growing cancer and accounts for only 1 percent of all cancers in the United States. An estimated 16,100 cases will be diagnosed this year with 1,230 being fatal. It is a highly curable cancer with the five-year survival rate at 95 percent.

Japan crew fixes power cable in race to stop radiation
Japan crew fixes power cable in race to stop radiation | Reuters

(Reuters) - Exhausted engineers attached a power cable to the outside of Japan's tsunami-crippled nuclear station on Saturday in a race to prevent deadly radiation from an accident now rated at least as bad as America's Three Mile Island in 1979.

Further cabling inside was underway before an attempt to restart water pumps needed to cool overheated nuclear fuel rods at the six-reactor Fukushima plant in northeastern Japan, 240 km (150 miles) north of Tokyo.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/18/us-japan-quake-idUSTRE72A0SS20110318

Last edited:
"TEPCO has connected the external transmission line with the receiving point of the plant and confirmed that electricity can be supplied," the plant's operator Tokyo Electric Power Co said in a statement.

Another 1,480 meters (5,000 feet) of cable are being laid inside the complex before engineers try to crank up the coolers at reactor No. 2, followed by 1, 3 and 4 this weekend, company officials added.

Should that work , it will be a turning point.

"If they can get those electric pumps on and they can start pushing that water successfully up the core, quite slowly so you don't cause any brittle failure, they should be able to get it under control in the next couple of days," said Laurence Williams, of Britain's University of Central Lancashire.

If not, there is an option of last resort under consideration to bury the sprawling 40-year-old plant in sand and concrete to prevent a catastrophic radiation release.

Japan lays power cable in race to stop radiation | Reuters

Japan cites radiation in milk, spinach near plant
Japan said radiation levels in spinach and milk from farms near its tsunami-crippled nuclear complex exceeded government safety limits, as emergency teams scrambled Saturday to restore power to the plant so it could cool dangerously overheated fuel.

The food was taken from farms as far as 65 miles (100 kilometers) from the stricken plants, suggesting a wide area of nuclear contamination.

While the radiation levels exceeded the limits allowed by the government, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano insisted the products "pose no immediate health risk."

I think it could harm small children who have small thyroids & live on farms that drink a lot of fresh milk from their animals. Milk that is processed & shipped to stores have time for the radiation to break down to harmless levels before it is consumed. Those Japanese farmers should not drink the milk for a day or so after milking or give their kids Iodine pills.

Last edited:
"One of six tsunami-crippled nuclear reactors appeared to stabilize on Saturday as Japan raced to restore power to the stricken power plant to cool it and prevent a greater catastrophe," Reuters reports. "Engineers reported some rare success after fire trucks sprayed water for about three hours on reactor No.3, widely considered the most dangerous at the ravaged Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear complex because of its use of highly toxic plutonium.
"The situation there is stabilizing somewhat," Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano told a news conference.

Accidents and Disasters : NPR

A third of the USA has already been hit by worse nuclear fallout than Japan from 1951 to 1958 when the U.S. government conducted 90 nuclear bomb tests in the Nevada desert, sending particles contaminated with radioactive iodine-131 across much of the country.
fallout.jpg

My grandmother was pregnant & living in North East Missouri at that time. She went outside to get the clothes of of the clothe line because it was starting to rain. She said the rain drops were making dirty water spots on the white sheets that she was pulling off the line. She imediatly fell ill, was taken to the nearest hospital miscarried & hemoraged for over a week. There where a bunch of others that arrived at the same time with similar sudden illness. The majority of them came from the drive-in theater where a muddy rain fell on them during the movie.

The radioactive iodine was carried by winds and fell on pastures where it was eaten by cows, contaminating their milk. Smaller amounts contaminated other dairy products and leafy vegetables. Children of that era (people ranging in age from late 40s to mid 60s now) are at higher risk for a couple reasons. Children generally drink more milk than adults & Children have smaller thyroids.

Therefore, with children, more radioactive Iodine-131 would have built up in a smaller amount of tissue. Furthermore if children in areas such consumed fresh milk directly from the cow, their exposure to radiation would have been even greater. Fresh milk from backyard or farm cows usually contained more I-131 than store-bought milk because processing and shipping milk allowed more time for the radioactive iodine to break down.

The National Cancer Institute estimates that exposure to fallout from the bomb tests could produce over 200,000 excess cases of thyroid cancer. Thyroid cancer is a very slow growing cancer and accounts for only 1 percent of all cancers in the United States. An estimated 16,100 cases will be diagnosed this year with 1,230 being fatal. It is a highly curable cancer with the five-year survival rate at 95 percent.

Exactly my point..........all this hysteria from people who need a beer and a plan...........

Who couldnt see Ravi and Chris....... 10 years from now............ perpetuating this thread..............

"Hey......there was a brush fire near reactor #3!!!"

:blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup:

When you spend more than half of your life at the fcukking computer, trust me, you need a beer and a plan!!! Try to tell me that people like Chris and Old Rocks dont wake up thinking about how somebody might be getting the one up on them in the global warming forum!!!!!!! Go check the k00ks posts over the last week since the tsunami...........you'd think the earth saw the second BIG BANG happen!!!

shocked-man2.jpg

Last edited:
fallout.jpg

Exactly my point..........all this hysteria from people who need a beer and a plan...........

Who couldnt see Ravi and Chris....... 10 years from now............ perpetuating this thread..............

"Hey......there was a brush fire near reactor #3!!!"

When you spend more than half of your life at the fcukking computer, trust me, you need a beer and a plan!!! Try to tell me that people like Chris and Old Rocks dont wake up thinking about how somebody might be getting the one up on them in the global warming forum!!!!!!! Go check the k00ks posts over the last week since the tsunami...........you'd think the earth saw the second BIG BANG happen!!!

You're a fucking idiot if you don't realize the gravity of this situation. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back