Jane Fonda tells veterans boycotting her movie 'The Butler' to 'get a life'

Hollywood should "get a life" since they are obsessed with constantly making/scoring political points. Why exactly would this woman want to play Nancy Reagan ?? I can think of only one...for the publicity it would bring with the veterans.

"Hollywood" is a private sector industry composed of individuals motivated by profit and attention. Kool-ade consumers parrot the noise of Fox - another member of an industry motivated by profit and the need for attention - that what comes out of Hollywood is all left wing propaganda. Believing such flapdoodle is what provides strength to conservatives.

The great irony here is those who support and thus advertise the 'boycott' are doing a great service to the movie, its producers and all who will profit by it. I suspect one of Steven Spielberg's great characters would characterize this by saying, "dumb is dumb".

Hollywood is full of kooks and likes to prop them up like they are "main stream". So, to call FOX out for harboring "Kool-ade" drinkers as a contrast to the daft loons who work in the entertainment industry is pretty laughable. :lol::lol:

As far as news articles goes...I read them all even Huffington Post and share things that I have seen in print (from all points of view). So, not sure what point your a trying to make with that.

Have you ever been to Hollywood? Have you ever gone to a movie made by Hollywood producers with Hollywood actors? The claim you make is foolish disreagard for reality (partisan bullshit) or you're as dumb as Rottweiler and as dishonest as crusaderfrank.

Fox 'News' is entertainment, journalism it is not (unless you believe "Yellow Journalism" is a reporting of facts and not editorial opinion (which would not suprise me) which is most of what Fox 'News' presents.

My point is only fools characterize an entire industry as the set of everything the same. Fools or liars.

Oh brother, another person who is obsessed with hating!
I always thought what Fonda did was stupid but Fonda has publically stated she regrets what she did over 40 years ago. That's good enough for rational people. Would it help if she practiced self-flogging, then would you get a life? Grow up.

It wasn't necessary for you to go out of your way to prove that the Left is neither willing nor able to confront evil.

But...thanks for your wit-less....er, 'witness.'

Fonda was an ideolistic kid who understood the war was wrong but did not handle her methodology of objecting very well. But she was right and John Kerry was right that the war was a travesty

Who are the real villains from that era?

Those who wrapped themselves in the flag spouting patriotic slogans as they called up more and more boys by the hundreds of thousands to fight a war of questionable merit without an executable strategy to win. They created a meatgrinder in which they sent more and more boys. Over 60,000 boys killed in an unnecessary conflict

Fonda was guilty of the only crime defined in the Constitution.

She was a traitor.

You know that.

It wasn't necessary for you to go out of your way to prove that the Left is neither willing nor able to confront evil.

But...thanks for your wit-less....er, 'witness.'

Fonda was an ideolistic kid who understood the war was wrong but did not handle her methodology of objecting very well. But she was right and John Kerry was right that the war was a travesty

Who are the real villains from that era?

Those who wrapped themselves in the flag spouting patriotic slogans as they called up more and more boys by the hundreds of thousands to fight a war of questionable merit without an executable strategy to win. They created a meatgrinder in which they sent more and more boys. Over 60,000 boys killed in an unnecessary conflict

Fonda was guilty of the only crime defined in the Constitution.

She was a traitor.

You know that.

You have the trial transcript on that?

Jane Fonda exercised her Constitutional Right of Free Speech. Did she provide material aid or comfort to the enemy? Beyond a few propaganda points, not at all. She was one of hundreds of thousands of Americans who voiced loud opposition to an undeclared war against a nation with no ability to invade us.

I'd submit that the marches against the Vietnam War and the music of that era gave greater comfort to Hanoi than did one movie actor. It's too bad the administrations which prosecuted that war didn't listen to the people. But pols never seem to learn as we can see by their behavior today. When Ideology supersedes The People only bad things happen.

Jane Fonda exercised her Constitutional Right of Free Speech. Did she provide material aid or comfort to the enemy? Beyond a few propaganda points, not at all. She was one of hundreds of thousands of Americans who voiced loud opposition to an undeclared war against a nation with no ability to invade us.

I'd submit that the marches against the Vietnam War and the music of that era gave greater comfort to Hanoi than did one movie actor. It's too bad the administrations which prosecuted that war didn't listen to the people. But pols never seem to learn as we can see by their behavior today. When Ideology supersedes The People only bad things happen.

and you would be right. the North was leaning heavily on Fonda and her ilk and the American MSM to win it for them. and they got it in spades. the real reason we lost.

Wouldn't not watching a stupid movie in lieu of doing something else define "getting a life"? :lol:

Not if you enjoy watching movies. If you enjoy watching movies, then watching them IS part of your life.

Actually, I'm not too fond of that expression "get a life" when used by anyone, including Jane Fonda. EVERYONE has a life.

This is just one of the reasons that I don't support the entertainment industry anymore. This and because they are annoyingly superficial and totally out of touch with the real world.

LOS ANGELES – When Jane Fonda was cast as former First Lady Nancy Reagan in Lee Daniels’ forthcoming film “The Butler,” some Reagan fans were not pleased. Now, with the biographical due to hit theaters in October, a movement to boycott the movie is gaining some momentum.

Larry Reyes, a Navy veteran and founder of the “Boycott Hanoi Jane Playing Nancy Reagan” Facebook page has been particularly vocal about the casting decision, given Fonda’s past frolicking with the enemy during the Vietnam War.

“Growing up in a military family I heard my father and uncles talk about what Jane did, so from an early age I knew about her history with the war and how upset veterans were about it. Yet it amazed me that people just turned their backs and kept supporting her exercise videos and movies. I made a commitment early on not to support her projects,” Reyes told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column. “Then when I heard she was going to play such a well-liked and highly respected president’s wife, it got to me. They (the filmmakers) knew by picking Jane for the part they were going to stir up some stuff. I’m not a conservative or a liberal, I’m an American. And that was a slap in the face.”

This week, Fonda had a simple message for Reyes and the page's fans.

“Get a life."

Read more: Jane Fonda tells veterans boycotting her movie 'The Butler' to 'get a life' | Fox News

From your link:

"He told us Fonda had “every right” to protest the Vietnam War and to lobby Capitol Hill to get her message across, but says she bordered on treason when she went to Hanoi, Vietnam, called Americans “war criminals,” and was photographed seated on an anti-aircraft battery, a move she claimed she regretted in her 2005 autobiography."

Bordered on treason? It was treason. She should have been shot.

This is just one of the reasons that I don't support the entertainment industry anymore. This and because they are annoyingly superficial and totally out of touch with the real world.

LOS ANGELES – When Jane Fonda was cast as former First Lady Nancy Reagan in Lee Daniels’ forthcoming film “The Butler,” some Reagan fans were not pleased. Now, with the biographical due to hit theaters in October, a movement to boycott the movie is gaining some momentum.

Larry Reyes, a Navy veteran and founder of the “Boycott Hanoi Jane Playing Nancy Reagan” Facebook page has been particularly vocal about the casting decision, given Fonda’s past frolicking with the enemy during the Vietnam War.

“Growing up in a military family I heard my father and uncles talk about what Jane did, so from an early age I knew about her history with the war and how upset veterans were about it. Yet it amazed me that people just turned their backs and kept supporting her exercise videos and movies. I made a commitment early on not to support her projects,” Reyes told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column. “Then when I heard she was going to play such a well-liked and highly respected president’s wife, it got to me. They (the filmmakers) knew by picking Jane for the part they were going to stir up some stuff. I’m not a conservative or a liberal, I’m an American. And that was a slap in the face.”

“Get a life."

Read more: Jane Fonda tells veterans boycotting her movie 'The Butler' to 'get a life' | Fox News

From your link:

"He told us Fonda had “every right” to protest the Vietnam War and to lobby Capitol Hill to get her message across, but says she bordered on treason when she went to Hanoi, Vietnam, called Americans “war criminals,” and was photographed seated on an anti-aircraft battery, a move she claimed she regretted in her 2005 autobiography."

Those who kept sending troops into a meatgrinder with no plan for winning should have been shot

“Get a life."

From your link:

Those who kept sending troops into a meatgrinder with no plan for winning should have been shot

I will not argue with your there. Going in Vietnam without the intend to win the war was a bad decision on our part. Who does that? They could have ended the war in one day if they'd just used one nuke. But then all those corporations wouldn't have made all that money off of the war.

Doesn't mean Jane wasn't a traitor and shouldn't have been shot. You don't go to a country our country is at war with and take propaganda photos.

and you would be right. the North was leaning heavily on Fonda and her ilk and the American MSM to win it for them. and they got it in spades. the real reason we lost.

No. The real reason we lost, we weren't prepared for Guerrilla Warfare; the geniuses in D.C. didn't listen to the professional soldiers and believed if the body count was high enough the other side would quit. My entire service was at sea during that time but I knew shipmates who had served on PBR's (later replaced by swift boats) and neighborhood friends who served in both the Army (one as an adviser with the ARVN) and several with the Marines and Seabees. To the man they believe the war was lost in D.C.

No. The real reason we lost, we weren't prepared for Guerrilla Warfare; the geniuses in D.C. didn't listen to the professional soldiers and believed if the body count was high enough the other side would quit. My entire service was at sea during that time but I knew shipmates who had served on PBR's (later replaced by swift boats) and neighborhood friends who served in both the Army (one as an adviser with the ARVN) and several with the Marines and Seabees. To the man they believe the war was lost in D.C.

there were lots of reasons. including treachery from within. and they did quit. in the tet offensive. my service was at sea to. we were sitting around playing cards and waiting for the papers to be signed so we could go home. then Johnson sent over this idiotic cease fire. and on it went

“Get a life."

From your link:

...one was shot ..

Last edited:
"Hollywood" is a private sector industry composed of individuals motivated by profit and attention. Kool-ade consumers parrot the noise of Fox - another member of an industry motivated by profit and the need for attention - that what comes out of Hollywood is all left wing propaganda. Believing such flapdoodle is what provides strength to conservatives.

The great irony here is those who support and thus advertise the 'boycott' are doing a great service to the movie, its producers and all who will profit by it. I suspect one of Steven Spielberg's great characters would characterize this by saying, "dumb is dumb".

Hollywood is full of kooks and likes to prop them up like they are "main stream". So, to call FOX out for harboring "Kool-ade" drinkers as a contrast to the daft loons who work in the entertainment industry is pretty laughable. :lol::lol:

As far as news articles goes...I read them all even Huffington Post and share things that I have seen in print (from all points of view). So, not sure what point your a trying to make with that.

Have you ever been to Hollywood? Have you ever gone to a movie made by Hollywood producers with Hollywood actors? The claim you make is foolish disreagard for reality (partisan bullshit) or you're as dumb as Rottweiler and as dishonest as crusaderfrank.

Fox 'News' is entertainment, journalism it is not (unless you believe "Yellow Journalism" is a reporting of facts and not editorial opinion (which would not suprise me) which is most of what Fox 'News' presents.

My point is only fools characterize an entire industry as the set of everything the same. Fools or liars.

Now you are just being dumb. The article I linked to gave both sides...Jane Fonda's and The Navy veteran who is boycotting..Larry Reyes. All media should be taken with a grain of salt...it's filled with activists just like Hollywood is. But since you are just touting FOX as "yellow Journalism"...I can write your opinion off as a bunch of partisan BS.

Anyway, Larry Reyes is right. Hollywood always casts the uber left wing nutjobs to play republican roles...and then they turn around and portray them in the worst possible light. See James Brolin as Reagan (that wack a loon Barbara Streisand's husband)...A total hottie John Cusack (still a freaken liberal wing nut) as Richard Nixon...and now this anti war idiot as Nancy Reagan. I'm not buying that Fonda is "honored" to play this role...just like I don't believe she has regrets about her past. It's all fake...Just like Hollywood itself.

Have I ever watched Hollywood movies.? Yes...and liberal dominated TV. They break out every sterotype in the book and then some. It's nothing but trash...with a few gems thown in that are few and far between.:cuckoo:

Last edited:
The outrage ought to be the fact that FONDA got away with it because she was a rich kid with a rich daddy.

I had friends go prison for refusing the draft.

Now those people were truly heroic.

From your link:

I will not argue with your there. Going in Vietnam without the intend to win the war was a bad decision on our part. Who does that? They could have ended the war in one day if they'd just used one nuke. But then all those corporations wouldn't have made all that money off of the war.

Doesn't mean Jane wasn't a traitor and shouldn't have been shot. You don't go to a country our country is at war with and take propaganda photos.

I do not care about the photographs. Dennis Rodman did the same thing when he went to North Korea and took photographs with Communists. ( albeit was done in ignorance unlike Jane Fonda )

What I care about is what she did to our soldiers who were prisoners of war. While visiting, the American POW's wrote on tiny pieces of paper the torture they were being subjected to, the truth about what was happening to them by these communist pigs. They handed those papers to her because they believed ( mistakenly ) that they could trust her.

Jane took those little pieces of white paper and without a thought for the lives of these americans she handed the tiny papers to their communist pig captors knowing full well they would be tortured for attempting to inform the USA of their inhumane treatment.

Some of those American prisoners of war died because of her betrayal. Their blood is on her hands. Anyone who watches a Jane Fonda ( while knowing the traitor she is ) movie is in the same book as Mel Gibson - the anti semite who praises nazis and wishes they had killed more Jews. I wouldn't dare support their films by watching them. - Jeri

Last edited:

Forum List

Back