James Dobson Calls For A Day Of Fasting And Prayer To Protect Trump From Impeachment

Windparadox

Gold Member
May 3, 2017
Northern WI.
`
On Friday, James Dobson joined Intercessors for America for the organization’s monthly prayer conference call, during which he called on conservative Christians to engage in a day of fasting and prayer against efforts to impeach President Trump.

Dobson said that he “felt sorry for this man” when he and other Religious Right leaders met with Trump in the Oval Office last month because “so many people obviously hate him … He faces the combined opposition from the mainstream media, from members of Congress—both Democrats and Republicans, not all of them, but many of them—the entertainment industry, [and] the special interest groups who seem determined to bring him down.”

Dobson warned that “this country will be in serious trouble if they’re successful in impeaching this man” and is therefore urging Christians to pray and fast in order to protect Trump
. - Source
`
`

This is already old news. However, what struck me about this was the sheer and utter hypocrisy of it. Prayer, as I understand it, is supposed to be asking for Gods intercession on behalf of something. Many devout Christians pray daily, asking God to stop war, heal the wounded, help the poor and unfortunate, etc. But evangelicals of this sect are NOT christian. Again, they are part of a political personality cult, in this case, hosted by James Dodson.

I want to be careful here, not all evangelicals are as malevolent and cruel as the above mentioned cult. Take this for example; Evangelical rift intensifies over Trump immigration remarks. Many within the evangelicals are getting repelled by Trump and those who support him. Support for Trump within these groups was 80% when he was elected but is now at 61%.

Still, there is hope, while good people in this world, still exist.
`

Last edited:
There won't be a Trump impeachment, stop frothing for it.

I know nothing about Dobson but according to the quote posted he is asking people to pray for a man hated. Evidently he believes that the hate is the impetus for impeachment and that Trump being impeached would be bad for the country. Let them pray.

I know nothing about Dobson but according to the quote posted he is asking people to pray for a man hated. Evidently he believes that the hate is the impetus for impeachment and that Trump being impeached would be bad for the country. Let them pray.
`
`

Yeah, Hitler is hated so yeah, pray for him.

`
`

Yeah, Hitler is hated so yeah, pray for him.
Nice knee jerk response. If someone does pray for Hitler- what does that have to do with you? Maybe that's your problem, hmm?

`
On Friday, James Dobson joined Intercessors for America for the organization’s monthly prayer conference call, during which he called on conservative Christians to engage in a day of fasting and prayer against efforts to impeach President Trump.

Dobson said that he “felt sorry for this man” when he and other Religious Right leaders met with Trump in the Oval Office last month because “so many people obviously hate him … He faces the combined opposition from the mainstream media, from members of Congress—both Democrats and Republicans, not all of them, but many of them—the entertainment industry, [and] the special interest groups who seem determined to bring him down.”

Dobson warned that “this country will be in serious trouble if they’re successful in impeaching this man” and is therefore urging Christians to pray and fast in order to protect Trump
. - Source
`
`

This is already old news. However, what struck me about this was the sheer and utter hypocrisy of it. Prayer, as I understand it, is supposed to be asking for Gods intercession on behalf of something. Many devout Christians pray daily, asking God to stop war, heal the wounded, help the poor and unfortunate, etc. But evangelicals of this sect are NOT christian. Again, they are part of a political personality cult, in this case, hosted by James Dodson.

I want to be careful here, not all evangelicals are as malevolent and cruel as the above mentioned cult. Take this for example; Evangelical rift intensifies over Trump immigration remarks. Many within the evangelicals are getting repelled by Trump and those who support him. Support for Trump within these groups was 80% when he was elected but is now at 61%.

`
Didn’t Lyin’ Ted’s dad do that to get his son the nomination? Didn’t work out well.

`

. - Source
`
`

`

So, evangelicals for Trump, bad. Not Christian.
Evangelicals against Trump, good. Christians.

No dog in this hunt myself, but seems pretty silly to me.

Nice knee jerk response. If someone does pray for Hitler- what does that have to do with you? Maybe that's your problem, hmm?
`
`

Following your logic (or lack thereof) praying for hated people is a good thing. If that's the case, add Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Osama bin Laden, etc and make it a real prayer party.

`
`

Following your logic (or lack thereof) praying for hated people is a good thing. If that's the case, add Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Osama bin Laden, etc and make it a real prayer party.
Nice double down. You continue to ignore the point. What other people pray for is none of your business.

There won't be a Trump impeachment, stop frothing for it.
`
`

Reading skills; you need them. The article (which you did not read fully) brought it up. I never mentioned it.

Let them fast and pray all they want, if he gets impeached its not due to hatred, but due to the justice system playing out.

I'm surprised he warned of trouble if he gets impeached, wonder what kind he means??? Militia??

There is a reason Evangelicals are so scary, they think they have special powers and hear from God himself.

James Dobson is a GREAT American. He is NOT a pastor. He is a psychologist who happens also to be a Christian. He is the founder of Focus on the Family and Citizen magazine.

Let them fast and pray all they want, if he gets impeached its not due to hatred, but due to the justice system playing out.
I'm surprised he warned of trouble if he gets impeached, wonder what kind he means??? Militia??There is a reason Evangelicals are so scary, they think they have special powers and hear from God himself.
`
`

As far as impeachment itself is concerned, if it happens, it happens. If it doesn't? no big deal. Legally, that's going to be a tough nut to crank, so to speak. Still, in one year, he has managed to earn the enmity of members of both parties and much of the US and the world.

Still, in one year, he has managed to earn the enmity of members of both parties an
That's what happens when youre a threat to the Swamp. We knew Trump would be "hated" by the establishment of BOTH Parties. We already knew that going in.

Forum List

Back