James Dobson Calls For A Day Of Fasting And Prayer To Protect Trump From Impeachment

`
On Friday, James Dobson joined Intercessors for America for the organization’s monthly prayer conference call, during which he called on conservative Christians to engage in a day of fasting and prayer against efforts to impeach President Trump.

Dobson said that he “felt sorry for this man” when he and other Religious Right leaders met with Trump in the Oval Office last month because “so many people obviously hate him … He faces the combined opposition from the mainstream media, from members of Congress—both Democrats and Republicans, not all of them, but many of them—the entertainment industry, [and] the special interest groups who seem determined to bring him down.”

Dobson warned that “this country will be in serious trouble if they’re successful in impeaching this man” and is therefore urging Christians to pray and fast in order to protect Trump
. - Source
`
`

This is already old news. However, what struck me about this was the sheer and utter hypocrisy of it. Prayer, as I understand it, is supposed to be asking for Gods intercession on behalf of something. Many devout Christians pray daily, asking God to stop war, heal the wounded, help the poor and unfortunate, etc. But evangelicals of this sect are NOT christian. Again, they are part of a political personality cult, in this case, hosted by James Dodson.

I want to be careful here, not all evangelicals are as malevolent and cruel as the above mentioned cult. Take this for example; Evangelical rift intensifies over Trump immigration remarks. Many within the evangelicals are getting repelled by Trump and those who support him. Support for Trump within these groups was 80% when he was elected but is now at 61%.

Still, there is hope, while good people in this world, still exist.
`
------------------------------------------ how very Christian of Dobson as he advocates Prayer for TRUMP in this Free Country W.Para .

I know nothing about Dobson but according to the quote posted he is asking people to pray for a man hated. Evidently he believes that the hate is the impetus for impeachment and that Trump being impeached would be bad for the country. Let them pray.
James Dobson is a GREAT American. He is NOT a pastor. He is a psychologist who happens also to be a Christian. He is the founder of Focus on the Family and Citizen magazine.

He does not understand the Separation of Church and State. He is another Pat Robertson. He is a Christian Psychologist, and personally I don't care if Trump accepted Jesus as I do not put much stock in the Evangelicals of finding Jesus as they lose him just as quickly.

`
On Friday, James Dobson joined Intercessors for America for the organization’s monthly prayer conference call, during which he called on conservative Christians to engage in a day of fasting and prayer against efforts to impeach President Trump.

Dobson said that he “felt sorry for this man” when he and other Religious Right leaders met with Trump in the Oval Office last month because “so many people obviously hate him … He faces the combined opposition from the mainstream media, from members of Congress—both Democrats and Republicans, not all of them, but many of them—the entertainment industry, [and] the special interest groups who seem determined to bring him down.”

Dobson warned that “this country will be in serious trouble if they’re successful in impeaching this man” and is therefore urging Christians to pray and fast in order to protect Trump
. - Source
`
`

This is already old news. However, what struck me about this was the sheer and utter hypocrisy of it. Prayer, as I understand it, is supposed to be asking for Gods intercession on behalf of something. Many devout Christians pray daily, asking God to stop war, heal the wounded, help the poor and unfortunate, etc. But evangelicals of this sect are NOT christian. Again, they are part of a political personality cult, in this case, hosted by James Dodson.

I want to be careful here, not all evangelicals are as malevolent and cruel as the above mentioned cult. Take this for example; Evangelical rift intensifies over Trump immigration remarks. Many within the evangelicals are getting repelled by Trump and those who support him. Support for Trump within these groups was 80% when he was elected but is now at 61%.

`
------------------------------------------ how very Christian of Dobson as he advocates Prayer for TRUMP in this Free Country W.Para .
Is it any wonder we call them GOD-HATERS.

Seems self-evident to me.

she can't , she doesn't understand that people including clergy and even Westboro Baptist types have Freedom of Speech in the USA DAngel .

They think the Constitution puts religious restriction on the People.

The Constitution was put in place to limit the GOVERNMENT'S power over the Citizen. It has ZERO power to restrict the Citizen.

`

. - Source
`
`

`

I don’t hate God but I do think that any church which tells it’s parishoners to vote for one political candidate over another, should have its tax exemption stripped.

Churches were given a tax exemption for two reasons:

1. Congregations provide assistance to the poor; and

2. Churches aren’t involved in politics.

Since only 20% of donations are going to help the poor, for churches to get involved in days of prayer that Trumps domestic enemies not thrive, that’s a political stance. This “minister” should lose the tax exemption for using his position for political purposes.

`

. - Source
`
`

`

I don’t hate God but I do think that any church which tells it’s parishoners to vote for one political candidate over another, should have its tax exemption stripped.

Churches were given a tax exemption for two reasons:

1. Congregations provide assistance to the poor; and

2. Churches aren’t involved in politics.

Since only 20% of donations are going to help the poor, for churches to get involved in days of prayer that Trumps domestic enemies not thrive, that’s a political stance. This “minister” should lose the tax exemption for using his position for political purposes.
----------------------------------------------------- Churches were given Exemption in 1956 [think it was] under the NEW at that time 'JOHNSON AMENDMENT . That being said , go ahead take away the tax exempt status if the 'johnson amendment' is still being enforced DLady .

and furthermore , The TRUMP has said in speeches that the 'amendment' is no longer enforced or will not be enforced in the future . --------------- also , minority churches violate the 'amendment' all the time but i say that as casual info as i have no actual proof DLady .

and also , your rulers in 'england' hated FREE SPEECH in American Churches at the time of the American Revolution . I say that as a side comment but will also say as fact that the 'Lobsterback Brits' of Revolution times blamed the Black Robed Regiment of Preachers for inspiring the American Rabble to kick the 'brits' back to blighty were they belong DLady . .

Last edited:

Forum List

Back