Jack Smith could be indicted for Fraud for Omitting Trump’s "Peaceful" Statement

Thunk

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2019
Minnesota
The indictment charges Trump with four counts, including “conspiracy to defraud the United States.” But in a portion recounting Trump’s speech at the “Stop the Steal” rally, Smith repeats the errors made by House Democrats in Trump’s second impeachment trial: he focuses on Trump’s use of the phrase “fight like hell,” and omits a sentence highlighted by Trump’s defense team: “I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.”

Dershowitz told the Megyn Kelly Show podcast on Friday that by his own standard, Smith could be charged with fraud, because of his omission of Trump’s “peaceful” rhetoric.

“Under the indictment itself, Jack Smith could be himself indicted. He told a direct lie in this indictment. He purported to describe the speech that President Trump made on January 6th. And he left out the key words, when President Trump said, ‘I want you to demonstrate peacefully and patriotically. You know, a lie by omission, under the law, can be as serious as a lie by commission.”

The fact that Smith repeated the error of the House impeachment managers would appear deliberate, because these phrases were the crux of Trump’s Senate trial. Trump’s lawyers even played footage of Democrats using similar “fight” rhetoric, to show its common usage.

The indictment charges Trump with four counts, including “conspiracy to defraud the United States.” But in a portion recounting Trump’s speech at the “Stop the Steal” rally, Smith repeats the errors made by House Democrats in Trump’s second impeachment trial: he focuses on Trump’s use of the phrase “fight like hell,” and omits a sentence highlighted by Trump’s defense team: “I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.”

Dershowitz told the Megyn Kelly Show podcast on Friday that by his own standard, Smith could be charged with fraud, because of his omission of Trump’s “peaceful” rhetoric.

“Under the indictment itself, Jack Smith could be himself indicted. He told a direct lie in this indictment. He purported to describe the speech that President Trump made on January 6th. And he left out the key words, when President Trump said, ‘I want you to demonstrate peacefully and patriotically. You know, a lie by omission, under the law, can be as serious as a lie by commission.”

The fact that Smith repeated the error of the House impeachment managers would appear deliberate, because these phrases were the crux of Trump’s Senate trial. Trump’s lawyers even played footage of Democrats using similar “fight” rhetoric, to show its common usage.

His hot defense lawyer can introduce it at trial and point to it as evidence if she likes. There is nothing preventing her from doing that. And Smith won't object.
However, that also means that what he said both before and after this little CYA sentence is also fair game. And the fact that he didn't get issue a statement calling for everyone to leave..until four hours after the assault had begun.

Whoops.

even though he said "if you don't fight like hell you're not going to have a country anymore".

The indictment is about a conspiracy to obstruct a federal proceeding.

what he said both before and after this little CYA sentence is also fair game. And the fact that he didn't get issue a statement calling for everyone to leave..until four hours after the assault had begun.

That ain't gonna get jack off!

even though he said "if you don't fight like hell you're not going to have a country anymore".

The indictment is about a conspiracy to obstruct a federal proceeding.

Like schumer calling for violence against the supreme court? Like pelosi destroying gov't documents when she tore up the SOTU speech?

This could be prosecuted against every politician that ever held office...and now...it will be!

Haha, that’s funny. Trump isn’t being indicted for saying peacefully. If the defense wants to use that part of the speech then they have every right to. Smith can’t be indicted for leaving it out. That’s nonsense

No. He can't. The only thing that can happen here is that a jury finds Trump not guilty. Or he gets found guilty, appeals, and his conviction is overturned on appeal.
Those are the only choices.
Trump's defense can blow Smith to pieces. We will see soon enough.

I thunk you sound desperate
Trump is going down
Bigly

Oh yeah, y’all believe ham sandwiches can be indicted don’t you?! How about I amend to this. A smith indictment for leaving out that line would be laughed out of court just like Trumps stolen election cases
Corruption favors the corrupt.

Like schumer calling for violence against the supreme court? Like pelosi destroying gov't documents when she tore up the SOTU speech?

This could be prosecuted against every politician that ever held office...and now...it will be!
my54ik1c3bgb1.jpg

even Alan Dershowitz, says that the First Amendment is a sound argument for the former president to invoke "unless the government can prove beyond reasonable doubt that he actually knew and believed he had lost fairly."

I hope they televise this!

I want to see all the facts of the stolen 2020 election not only proven in court...but on TV for all the world to see!

Forum List

Back