I've finally found my shotgun!

Bull pup shotguns tend to have crappy triggers. that is the main weakness in the design

I have a Polish P64 pistol, the DA trigger pull is atrocious with the stock #24 mainspring. For less than 20 dollars and 10 minutes of work I replaced it with a #19 mainspring. The trigger is no longer crappy but that's not really relevant to this shotgun since Kel-tek was aware of the problems with the bull pup design when they developed this one. Progress, ain't it great.

Bull pup shotguns tend to have crappy triggers. that is the main weakness in the design

I have a Polish P64 pistol, the DA trigger pull is atrocious with the stock #24 mainspring. For less than 20 dollars and 10 minutes of work I replaced it with a #19 mainspring. The trigger is no longer crappy but that's not really relevant to this shotgun since Kel-tek was aware of the problems with the bull pup design when they developed this one. Progress, ain't it great.

I admit that Keltec is one of the few brands I don't own. The common wisdom on them is good designs with sometimes sloppy manufacturing --at least when it comes to their pistols. One gun shop owner noted that once you send one back for repair it will always work well after that

I think for most people a semi auto shotgun is better than a pump. As Massaad Ayoob noted in at least a couple of his books, he trusts the engineers at Remington more than he trusted sweat covered hands in a critical situation. I grew up shooting skeet with pump guns. I have seen lots of people short stroke a pump gun shooting clays etc.

I admit that Keltec is one of the few brands I don't own. The common wisdom on them is good designs with sometimes sloppy manufacturing --at least when it comes to their pistols. One gun shop owner noted that once you send one back for repair it will always work well after that

I think for most people a semi auto shotgun is better than a pump. As Massaad Ayoob noted in at least a couple of his books, he trusts the engineers at Remington more than he trusted sweat covered hands in a critical situation. I grew up shooting skeet with pump guns. I have seen lots of people short stroke a pump gun shooting clays etc.

Kel-tec has come a long way in the last 7, 8 plus years and most of the bad you'll hear about them is from their earlier productions which were pretty much junk. Today, however, is a different story, they fixed their problems and are now producing pretty high quality products at reasonable prices and I'm getting this information from the gun dealers I know who. I believe they (Kel-tec) are now the 2nd or 3rd largest firearms manufacturer in the country.
As for pump vs auto, not everyone shoots skeet and everyone has their favorite weapons, I don't presume to tell people which ones they should think is best for them, I provide options and let them choose, Oh and I prefer pump because I'm trained tactically in it's use, believe it or not but I have a Chinese knock off of an Ithica that I've used for years without one single problem. Go figure.

It has sites ?!?!

That's retarded. :cuckoo:

Web sites? why is that retarded? :eusa_whistle:

I guess you've never shot slug before and you'd be surprised how tight a number 4 buck will will stay over a distance of 10 yards. One of my requirements when looking for a shotgun is ghost sights or the ability to mount ghost sights.

I would venture to say that the barrel is too short for slugs to accuratly hunt game animals.

And is more suited to tactical or home defense. :cool:

Most indoor ranges only allow slugs and if it's the only place to practice.............
What's cool is when when we're doing requal, we shoot from downrange and can use buck. We also shoot in low light situations with the ghost sights, they're extremely helpful.

Nice idea with the dual tubes butt i like the bayonet my 590 has.

I can load a shotgun pretty fast so im not really worried about capacity.

My Mossberg 500 and sidearm, a family heirloom Ithaca 1911A1 of WWII vintage.

a015c.jpg

a021c.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back