CDZ I've Asked This Question Repeatedly - But No One Will Answer. Why?

Is that really the President's job. To improve the lives of people that share his/her skin color. It kind of seems like you are assuming he should because he is African American. I honestly don't remember Senator Obama running for President of the Black United States. Did you ponder the benefits to Caucasians of the Bush or Clinton administrations too?

You don't remember? Let me refresh your memory. He specifically campaigned with the following message - he decried the casual prejudice of an earlier generation of black Americans, denounced the bigoted aspects of American history, and expressed hope that the future of race relations in the United States would be bright under his leadership.

So please share with us three accomplishments he succeeded at in advancing black Americans in this country since running on that promise.

Or, didn't he deliver?

In 2008 - Barack Obama cast himself as a centrist on the issue of race, decried the casual prejudice of an earlier generation, denounced the bigoted aspects of American history, and expressed hope that the future of race relations in the United States would be bright under his leadership.

So almost eight years later, I've been seeking his top three achievements in this area, specifically his accomplishments to assist, advance or otherwise benefit black Americans.

Just three!

Each time I post this request in a different forum, it goes ignored/unanswered.

Hopefully an Obama supporter will chime in here and educate everyone as to what these achievements are.

Thanks!
I think that as the first black President, Obama went out of his way not to do things that specifically benefitted blacks

He did speak out on black issues and was shamelessly attacked by conservatives for it

He never said he'd do anything special for black Americans. Why do you think he said that?

Maybe you can quote him saying something like that. That would help us to better respond to your troll thread.

Is that really the President's job. To improve the lives of people that share his/her skin color. It kind of seems like you are assuming he should because he is African American. I honestly don't remember Senator Obama running for President of the Black United States. Did you ponder the benefits to Caucasians of the Bush or Clinton administrations too?

You don't remember? Let me refresh your memory. He specifically campaigned with the following message - he decried the casual prejudice of an earlier generation of black Americans, denounced the bigoted aspects of American history, and expressed hope that the future of race relations in the United States would be bright under his leadership.

So please share with us three accomplishments he succeeded at in advancing black Americans in this country since running on that promise.

Or, didn't he deliver?
You would probably have to go back to George Wallace to find a candidate that DIDN'T have similar rhetoric. Denouncing bigotry and prejudice while hoping for better race relations is boilerplate campaign talk for any candidate.

In 2008 - Barack Obama cast himself as a centrist on the issue of race, decried the casual prejudice of an earlier generation, denounced the bigoted aspects of American history, and expressed hope that the future of race relations in the United States would be bright under his leadership.

So almost eight years later, I've been seeking his top three achievements in this area, specifically his accomplishments to assist, advance or otherwise benefit black Americans.

Just three!

Hopefully an Obama supporter will chime in here and educate everyone as to what these achievements are.

Thanks!

That's because no one likes to talk about race with a racist.

Nope. It's because the answer is "none".

I suppose when you're incapable of accurately assessing fact, that would be one's response.

So, why do you post here? You have thus far offered nothing of import or substance, just smarmy asides that you think are witty.

Feel free to post some facts relevant to this thread. I will be happy to address them.

Just three!

Thanks!

That's because no one likes to talk about race with a racist.

Nope. It's because the answer is "none".

I suppose when you're incapable of accurately assessing fact, that would be one's response.

So, why do you post here? You have thus far offered nothing of import or substance, just smarmy asides that you think are witty.

Feel free to post some facts relevant to this thread. I will be happy to address them.

Dude....you are presenting yourself as someone who posts with substance? How about a little self evaluation.

Just three!

Thanks!
Only three? Sure here you go.....

Awarded $1.2 Billion To Black Farmers

Created The Civil Rights Division Of The Justice Department

Expanded Funding For HBCUs

Just three!

Thanks!
I think that as the first black President, Obama went out of his way not to do things that specifically benefitted blacks

He did speak out on black issues and was shamelessly attacked by conservatives for it
If he had of done things and stated he was doing it specifically for Blacks he wouldnt have survived his first term.

The OP is a dodge. If Obama had announced initiatives only for black people, the whites on this board would be howling about discrimination.

Here's a challenge to the thread-starter: Pick a white president (you've got a bunch of 'em) and name five things he's accomplished exclusively for white people.

Or just accept the fact that your color-coding system is childish. "We the People" means all of us.

"I've Asked This Question Repeatedly - But No One Will Answer. Why?"

Just three!

Thanks!
Because your 'question' fails as a straw man fallacy.

You contrive the lie that the president made some sort of 'promise' or 'pledge' to 'improve' race relations, and then attack the president with the ridiculous lie you've contrived (straw man), when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

One cannot expect 'clean debate' when his thread premise fails as a fallacy.

Just three!

Thanks!

You contrive the lie that the president made some sort of 'promise' or 'pledge' to 'improve' race relations, and then attack the president with the ridiculous lie you've contrived (straw man), when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

My question was a legitimate question, and was pretty straight forward. The President did indeed utter the words I cited in his presidential campaign for election. That's a historic fact of which he's on record of saying and a statement he made which cannot be disputed. Read a book on his failed presidency or look it up if it's faded from your memory.

But this is just one example of a failed presidency. He's failed at everything.

Hell, his supporters in this forum can't even cite two accomplishments to benefit black Americans that he promised he'd make "bright under his leadership" (his words, not mine). Two!! And the only reason I stepped it down to two, is because no one could provide three.

How about you? Can you cite ONE thing he's done to advance or otherwise benefit black Americans, as he'd promised he'd do? ONE?

I won't hold my breath.

Why people continue to worship this idiot is beyond me.

Oh well, have a nice day.

Just three!

Thanks!

The answer as to why he hasn't done more for the black segment of our society is that if he even mentions racial issues, the right wing conservatives decry him as being prejudiced against those who are not black, of giving preference to blacks, etc. Of not being a president for all the people. They have essentially locked him out of helping the black segment of our society with their taunts and belligerence whenever he even alludes to the fact that blacks might suffer from racism and unfairness in our society. They have totally prevented him from helping black America.

Just three!

Thanks!

The answer as to why he hasn't done more for the black segment of our society is that if he even mentions racial issues, the right wing conservatives decry him as being prejudiced against those who are not black, of giving preference to blacks, etc. Of not being a president for all the people. They have essentially locked him out of helping the black segment of our society with their taunts and belligerence whenever he even alludes to the fact that blacks might suffer from racism and unfairness in our society. They have totally prevented him from helping black America.

So basically he did nothing for 7.5 years because he was "decry'd" ??
I thought he was the smartest man on earth? He couldn't work his way around it?
Not much of a leader/problem solver, eh?
If an employee who didn't do anything for 7.5 years and was asked why said, (for example) "those evil people in IT prevented me from doing my job, so I did nothing," how well do you think that would sit with the employer?

Just three!

Thanks!

If an employee who didn't do anything for 7.5 years and was asked why said, (for example) "those evil people in IT prevented me from doing my job, so I did nothing," how well do you think that would sit with the employer?
So, basically, you got an answer but you don't like the answer. You got the answer, from me and several posters here. You just don't like the answer. Too bad.

And, btw, your hyperbole is ridiculous and has no positive effect on your position. No one, ever, to my knowledge has expressed the idea that Obama is the 'smartest man on earth.' He is a man who did and is doing the best he can. Period. You are obviously biased. You seem to think that you can pretend you aren't and we won't see that you are. You are wrong. This thread is not about seeking an honest response, it's about trying to score points for 'your side' against the left and those who support Obama

You are not fooling anyone.

Just three!

Thanks!

well, I think the president didn't expect the rabid teatards who have taken over the GOP to be such obstructionist losers. so i'm going to guess he got less done than he'd have liked.

but I know for a fact he got far more done than the rightwingnut brigade would have liked.

you're welcome.
"Rabid teatards", "obstructionist losers", "Rightwingnut brigade", who the hell are you talking about? How about forming your response with terms, and if you must, labels, that are understandable, and accurate?

Maybe if Obama had simply said, "Let's wait and see what comes of the investigation," instead of offering his opinion on things such as Travon Martin, Ferguson, and the like, he could have created some unity in this great nation on the racial aspect of those cases. That, IMHO, would have gone a long ways towards improving race relations in our country. Instead, he chose to go the route of sticking his nose, and opinion, into cases that, while important, are far too minor for someone trying to lead a nation, when compared to the broad scope of the responsibilities of his office.

Just three!

Thanks!

So, basically, you got an answer but you don't like the answer. You got the answer, from me and several posters here. You just don't like the answer. Too bad.

And, btw, your hyperbole is ridiculous and has no positive effect on your position. No one, ever, to my knowledge has expressed the idea that Obama is the 'smartest man on earth.' He is a man who did and is doing the best he can. Period. You are obviously biased. You seem to think that you can pretend you aren't and we won't see that you are. You are wrong. This thread is not about seeking an honest response, it's about trying to score points for 'your side' against the left and those who support Obama

Oh come on. Relax with the anger and hate.
What was the answer? I didn't see anything original come out of your keyboard.
Why don't you take a whack at it, in your own words, without frantically searching the internet for an answer that doesn't exist.
Put this thing to rest once and for all. Take the lead - if you're capable. Spare me your drama and hair-brain assumptions as to who I am and stay on topic. Fair enough?
Here goes -
In your own words - your President.
Three accomplishments where he has assisted, advanced or otherwise benefited black Americans.
I honestly look forward to your personal assessment and will truly appreciate it. Many thanks.

Just three!

Thanks!

Oh come on. Relax with the anger and hate.
What was the answer? I didn't see anything original come out of your keyboard.
Why don't you take a whack at it, in your own words, without frantically searching the internet for an answer that doesn't exist.
Put this thing to rest once and for all. Take the lead - if you're capable. Spare me your drama and hair-brain assumptions as to who I am and stay on topic. Fair enough?
Here goes -
In your own words - your President.
Three accomplishments where he has assisted, advanced or otherwise benefited black Americans.
I honestly look forward to your personal assessment and will truly appreciate it. Many thanks.

Ask a question

Get answers you don't like
Reply....See? Nobody can answer my question

Rinse/Repeat

In view of the lies and obstructionism from the rabid right, its actually quite amazing that he has been able to accomplish as much as he has. Sadly, the right is so intent on bringing down the country, they won't let up. No matter who is next in the Oval Office, they will continue to work against the best interests of the country and themselves and their families.

As for blacks only, the programs he has instituted are excellent. The ones I've heard about all demand that black citizens take responsibility for their own lives and their futures. That's a lot more than we expect or demand from RWs who live off the government. And, we would all do well to look at Drumpf's stated plans in that area.

These are old lists and not up to date but those who actually want to know can start here -

President Obama Has Done a LOT! A List of 309 Accomplishments so far, With Citations

WTF has Obama done so far?

I often wonder if RWs are aware that we have three branches of government and what the role of each is.

How many bills, concerning improving the lot of blacks, has the Repub congress sent to Obama for his signature?

Anyone?

11012028_911585955578928_5178541262288786955_n.jpg

Just three!

Thanks!

My question was a legitimate question, and was pretty straight forward. The President did indeed utter the words I cited in his presidential campaign for election. That's a historic fact of which he's on record of saying and a statement he made which cannot be disputed. Read a book on his failed presidency or look it up if it's faded from your memory.

But this is just one example of a failed presidency. He's failed at everything.

Hell, his supporters in this forum can't even cite two accomplishments to benefit black Americans that he promised he'd make "bright under his leadership" (his words, not mine). Two!! And the only reason I stepped it down to two, is because no one could provide three.

How about you? Can you cite ONE thing he's done to advance or otherwise benefit black Americans, as he'd promised he'd do? ONE?

I won't hold my breath.

Why people continue to worship this idiot is beyond me.

Oh well, have a nice day.
I think youre just upset I had no problem providing an answer to your strawman. Next time at least research before you present what you think is an unanswerable strawman.

Forum List

Back