CDZ 24 Issues

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Criteria of selection used on both AOL and Yahoo stock screens.

Dividend/distribution yield 10% or more initially and going as low as 8% when the portfolio grows.

Beta less than 1

Must have an active options market.

Reason for these criteria:

Since I am primarily using a tax favored account I am indifferent to whether my gains are from income or capital gains and yield tends to be a lot more predictable than appreciation. Beating the longrun average appreciation of 7.4% on just dividends gives me a minimum margin of safety of 8% and usually much more.

Low beta means both higher alpha (Y intercept) for going up when the market goes sideways as is normal when rates are edging up. It also means less of a drop when the market goes down.

Being able to buy by writing puts = either a nice rate of return or acquisition for less than I was willing to pay. Selling by writing calls also provides additional net income or a sale that frees up capital for diversification.

Other than being boring any errors spotted?

Very well thought out and certainly more complex than anything I do. I am curious how frequently you trade and what percentage you have in the market? I'm low weighted around 38% in stocks.

Oh teach us wise wolf of wallstreet.
We are just poor rubes who want to make money while doing nothing and spewing bullshit?!?
:gs:

What the hell are you proposing as a clean debate?

Very well thought out and certainly more complex than anything I do. I am curious how frequently you trade and what percentage you have in the market? I'm low weighted around 38% in stocks.
100% but nearly all Royalty/real estate trusts with some utilities I am anticipating two stumbles and a fall kicking in some time:
The Fed could but probably won't provide the three rate hikes needed to crash the market.
China's exporting of deflation will act in effect as a rate hike but it is hard to calculate when and how.
The ECB with it negative interest rate policy (NIRP) and unlimited QE look like two de facto rate hikes
And there are wild cards with OPEC, Japan and the UK.

Therefore I am going with the most paranoid portfolio I can think of and I'm trolling for ideas on how to make it even more paranoid.

Forum List

Back