I've always wondered

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
Why exactly is it that liberals here in the US supported (and to a degree still support) Communist governments when those governments always end up enforcing policies directly counter to our liberals' own ideals? Like...

Censorship and propaganda: Our liberals' are officially completely against both of these. Communists states typically set up overt, publicly acknowledged departments dedicated to controlling what citizens can and can't see, hear, create, and say.
Freedom of movement: It's pretty common for our liberals to champion looser borders, and occasionally even abolishing borders altogether. Communist states typically maintain tight control of entry into and escape from their borders.
Police power: Our liberals make no secret about their strong stance against anything resembling police overreach. Communist governments typically set up secret police units given broad domestic espionage powers.
Judicial overreach: Our liberals also make no secret about their strong stances in favor of defendants' rights and due process of law, at least in most cases. Communist states are notorious for things like imprisonment without charges, show trials, and people just disappearing in the night if a trial would be somehow inconvenient.
Equality: Our liberals make social and economic equality a key strategy of their platform. Communist states are also fairly notorious for leveling out society by abolishing the concept of the middle class, leaving a huge number of more-or-less equally poor people led by a small, closed government of the obscenely rich and privileged.

I could keep going on, but I think these things should be common knowledge by this point. Why exactly was our left so vociferous about defending the Communist nations and their various agendas and agents when the behaviors and policies of those nations were completely counter to everything it claims to stand for? Why do they still maintain friendly working relations with a group that runs completely counter to themselves? I just never really understood that. I've did try. I just can't make sense of it for some reason.

That's all kinds of fucked up there. If you are confused that American liberals are not like communists there's a simple reason for that: they are not communists. I am confused by your assertion that liberals defend communist nations and their policies though, give some examples.

If you are confused that American liberals are not like communists there's a simple reason for that: they are not communists.

Au contraire, but "Communist" has become the catch-all term for anyone driven by Marxism and left/ far left-of-center, totalitarianist ideology.

Ergo, the Democrats and their supporters all fit the bill.

If you are confused that American liberals are not like communists there's a simple reason for that: they are not communists.

Au contraire, but "Communist" has become the catch-all term for anyone driven by Marxism and left/ far left-of-center, totalitarianist ideology.

Please, I beg of you, watch the videos in my signature..

Only in the kindergarten-level understanding of political science that conservatives operate under are American liberals anything like Marxists or communists. Using communism as a "catch-all" term is a calculated political ploy for retarded people who have never read a book and look to radio hosts for their political education.

That's all kinds of fucked up there. If you are confused that American liberals are not like communists there's a simple reason for that: they are not communists. I am confused by your assertion that liberals defend communist nations and their policies though, give some examples.
Cuber.

Cuber.
Re-establishing diplomatic ties with Cuba is not in any way an approval of how they do things. Our diplomatic freeze-out was a cold war relic kept mostly for nostalgia's sake. We have diplomatic ties with much more repressive countries (like China and Saudi Arabia) and no one gives a shit.

Only in the kindergarten-level understanding of political science that conservatives operate under are American liberals anything like Marxists or communists. Using communism as a "catch-all" term is a calculated political ploy for retarded people who have never read a book and look to radio hosts for their political education.

You don't know me from Adam. It's quite possible that I have more degrees than you have active brain cells. Just sayin'.

Secondly, modern-day American liberalism is fond of a large centralized government, the restriction of individual rights even when guaranteed by the nation's own Constitution, the theft of assets from those productive to be transferred to those unproductive, control of language and thought via enforced political correctness, endless regulation limiting the growth of industry etc., etc.

I could continue, but my coffee is ready. Have a wonderful day.

Cuber.
Re-establishing diplomatic ties with Cuba is not in any way an approval of how they do things. Our diplomatic freeze-out was a cold war relic kept mostly for nostalgia's sake. We have diplomatic ties with much more repressive countries (like China and Saudi Arabia) and no one gives a shit.
Equating China and Saudi Arabia with Cuber makes a whole lot of sense. Thanks for your insight.

You don't know me from Adam. It's quite possible that I have more degrees than you have active brain cells. Just sayin'.

Secondly, modern-day American liberalism is fond of a large centralized government, the restriction of individual rights even when guaranteed by the nation's own Constitution, the theft of assets from those productive to be transferred to those unproductive, control of language and thought via enforced political correctness, endless regulation limiting the growth of industry etc., etc.

Wow all that (alleged) education and everyone left of Limbaugh is a commie. You must have went to school in Texas.

Cuber.
Equating China and Saudi Arabia with Cuber makes a whole lot of sense. Thanks for your insight.
You're welcome, it's all part of liberals not approving of how communist nations do things.

And you wear cocktail frocks while teasing your hair...for a full bodied look...

Wow all that (alleged) education and everyone left of Limbaugh is a commie. You must have went to school in Texas.

You mean I must have "gone" to school in Texas, and no, I did not. New York and DC/VA, actually. Catholic schools all. Public schools back then were already becoming pretty worthless.

Why exactly is it that liberals here in the US supported (and to a degree still support) Communist governments when those governments always end up enforcing policies directly counter to our liberals' own ideals? Like...

Censorship and propaganda: Our liberals' are officially completely against both of these. Communists states typically set up overt, publicly acknowledged departments dedicated to controlling what citizens can and can't see, hear, create, and say.
Freedom of movement: It's pretty common for our liberals to champion looser borders, and occasionally even abolishing borders altogether. Communist states typically maintain tight control of entry into and escape from their borders.
Police power: Our liberals make no secret about their strong stance against anything resembling police overreach. Communist governments typically set up secret police units given broad domestic espionage powers.
Judicial overreach: Our liberals also make no secret about their strong stances in favor of defendants' rights and due process of law, at least in most cases. Communist states are notorious for things like imprisonment without charges, show trials, and people just disappearing in the night if a trial would be somehow inconvenient.
Equality: Our liberals make social and economic equality a key strategy of their platform. Communist states are also fairly notorious for leveling out society by abolishing the concept of the middle class, leaving a huge number of more-or-less equally poor people led by a small, closed government of the obscenely rich and privileged.

I could keep going on, but I think these things should be common knowledge by this point. Why exactly was our left so vociferous about defending the Communist nations and their various agendas and agents when the behaviors and policies of those nations were completely counter to everything it claims to stand for? Why do they still maintain friendly working relations with a group that runs completely counter to themselves? I just never really understood that. I've did try. I just can't make sense of it for some reason.

You could have stopped typing here...

"are officially completely against both of these.":lmao:

Forum List

Back