It's time!

Although he was carrying three weapons, he used only one of them in all of the school killings — a Bushmaster .223-caliber assault-style rifle similar to the one used by the snipers who terrorized the Washington, D.C., area in 2002. It was purchased legally.

Indiana school threats: Police say man threatened killings at elementary school - chicagotribune.com

Police: 2 dead after shooting at Las Vegas hotel
Although he was carrying three weapons, he used only one of them in all of the school killings — a Bushmaster .223-caliber assault-style rifle similar to the one used by the snipers who terrorized the Washington, D.C., area in 2002. It was purchased legally.
Where did this come from your ass?

NEWTOWN, Conn. – School shooter Adam Lanza carried hundreds of bullets when he shot his way into Sandy Hook Elementary School and used an assault rifle to do most of the killing, authorities confirmed Sunday.

Lanza, 20, fired a Bushmaster .223 semiautomatic rifle to kill many of the 20 children and six adults at the school Friday, Connecticut State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance said. He used a Glock 10-millimeter handgun to shoot himself in the head. He also carried at Sig Sauer pistol. A shotgun, the type of which was not identified, was found in the trunk of Lanza’s car outside the school.

Connecticut school shooter used assault rifle, had many bullets - latimes.com

You have other information?

Last I heard it was found in the back seat of the car and not used.

All of the "compromise" ideas to keep us safer just end up destroying our freedom without making us one whit safer.

As to the nonsense that we need to control guns, some info from Just Facts via Zero Hedge:

Crime and Self-Defense

Roughly 16,272 murders were committed in the United States during 2008. Of these, about 10,886 or 67% were committed with firearms.[11]

A 1993 nationwide survey of 4,977 households found that over the previous five years, at least 0.5% of households had members who had used a gun for defense during a situation in which they thought someone "almost certainly would have been killed" if they "had not used a gun for protection." Applied to the U.S. population, this amounts to 162,000 such incidents per year. This figure excludes all "military service, police work, or work as a security guard."[12]

Based on survey data from the U.S. Department of Justice, roughly 5,340,000 violent crimes were committed in the United States during 2008. These include simple/aggravated assaults, robberies, sexual assaults, rapes, and murders.[13] [14] [15] Of these, about 436,000 or 8% were committed by offenders visibly armed with a gun.[16]

Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18]

A 1993 nationwide survey of 4,977 households found that over the previous five years, at least 3.5% of households had members who had used a gun "for self-protection or for the protection of property at home, work, or elsewhere." Applied to the U.S. population, this amounts to 1,029,615 such incidents per year. This figure excludes all "military service, police work, or work as a security guard."[19]...

Newtown Shooter Had Asperger Syndrome, And Some US Gun Facts | ZeroHedge

Glad to see it's out in the open to be debated.

It's not a topic that is up for debate.
The bitch should rot in hell

Yes it is. Stop hiding, you cowards.

Who's hiding/ What part of the right of the people to keep and bear arms do you and other liberals not comprehend?
It's not up for debate because any gun ban or I should say the guns the idiot bitch wants to ban are those already protected by the second amendment.

It's not a topic that is up for debate.
The bitch should rot in hell

Who's hiding/ What part of the right of the people to keep and bear arms do you and other liberals not comprehend?
It's not up for debate because any gun ban or I should say the guns the idiot bitch wants to ban are those already protected by the second amendment.

You are afraid of this coming up for debate. That is cowardice and fear that your arguments would not stand up to debate.

You are afraid of this coming up for debate. That is cowardice and fear that your arguments would not stand up to debate.

What new information is there to debate? It's has been ruled what guns are protected by the second amendment.
The very guns that the idiot bitch wants to ban.
Now tell me do you have some new information?

I don't know of any legal gun control measure that would have prevented the Sandy Hook tragedy. That's not to say the laws shouldn't be tightened up some, maybe a future event such as this won't happen. And maybe schools better take a look at their security, did this place have cameras watching the entrance? But let's not kid ourselves, total prevention is probably not possible.
Obviously you can not stop all gun violence. But, we are among the worst in the world in gun deaths. Maybe looking at why other countries have fewer deaths, by huge percentages, may be of help in deciding what could be done here. Saying that nothing could have been done is simply the same statement used over and over by the gun rights nuts.

Let's look at Switzerland.

snopes.com: Gun Ownership in Switzerland

Prevention is not possible, mitigation is. That's the point of this thread.

We will never ban the possession of firearms to the civilian population - we can regulate the type of firearms (something we do already) legally available to the civilian population all we need is the will to do so.

This guy left the scary black rifle in the car.

It was available, he brought it with him...30 round magazine and all...and he left it in the car.

So, what are you planning on banning?

I think all weapons should be banned though a citizen may own a single action revolver for self defense as long as s/he owns no speed loaders.*** What do you think about that?

I offered a thread suggesting we engage in a rational debate on gun control. The gun huggers response has been filled with hyperbole and slippery slope fear mongering. There is only concern for the Second Amendment, not for the victims of yesterday's shooting or any of the other victims of mass attacks on innocent and unarmed civilians by gunmen in the past decade.

*** BTW, I do not support a ban on all firearms, I do think our laws today are irrational. Expalin to me why a sportman or a homeowner needs high volume magazines, semi automatic hand and long guns?

Constitutional Rights are affirmative. That means no explanation is necessary.

Explain to me why someone needs to have the ability to burn an American flag.

I don't know of any legal gun control measure that would have prevented the Sandy Hook tragedy. That's not to say the laws shouldn't be tightened up some, maybe a future event such as this won't happen. And maybe schools better take a look at their security, did this place have cameras watching the entrance? But let's not kid ourselves, total prevention is probably not possible.
Obviously you can not stop all gun violence. But, we are among the worst in the world in gun deaths. Maybe looking at why other countries have fewer deaths, by huge percentages, may be of help in deciding what could be done here. Saying that nothing could have been done is simply the same statement used over and over by the gun rights nuts.

Let's look at Switzerland.

snopes.com: Gun Ownership in Switzerland

I would have no problem with that...tied with manditory military service as they have.

Indiana school threats: Police say man threatened killings at elementary school - chicagotribune.com

Police: 2 dead after shooting at Las Vegas hotel

It was purchased by one of his victims legally. The murderer stole it.

Why do Leftytoons keep posting this crap over and over? Those people already don't have a right to own guns. That has nothing to do with what happend.

There is nothing to debate. Look at the old assault weapons ban.

Since assault weapons function exactly identically to every other semi automatic firearm, the criteria was "does the rifle have a pistol group?", "does the rifle have a flash suppressor?"

And what did the firearm manufacturers do?

They built the exact same weapon without the pistol grip or flash suppressor...because the ban was on cosmetic details, not the way the weapon functioned.

IOW, it was a ridiculously stupid idea.

Forum List

Back