It's time!

Prevention is not possible, mitigation is. That's the point of this thread.

We will never ban the possession of firearms to the civilian population - we can regulate the type of firearms (something we do already) legally available to the civilian population all we need is the will to do so.

This guy left the scary black rifle in the car.

It was available, he brought it with him...30 round magazine and all...and he left it in the car.

So, what are you planning on banning?

I think all weapons should be banned though a citizen may own a single action revolver for self defense as long as s/he owns no speed loaders.*** What do you think about that?

I offered a thread suggesting we engage in a rational debate on gun control. The gun huggers response has been filled with hyperbole and slippery slope fear mongering. There is only concern for the Second Amendment, not for the victims of yesterday's shooting or any of the other victims of mass attacks on innocent and unarmed civilians by gunmen in the past decade.

*** BTW, I do not support a ban on all firearms, I do think our laws today are irrational. Expalin to me why a sportman or a homeowner needs high volume magazines, semi automatic hand and long guns?

'cause the bad guys have access to 'em, regardless of any laws passed...

We will never ban the possession of firearms to the civilian population - we can regulate the type of firearms (something we do already) legally available to the civilian population all we need is the will to do so.

It was available, he brought it with him...30 round magazine and all...and he left it in the car.

I think all weapons should be banned though a citizen may own a single action revolver for self defense as long as s/he owns no speed loaders.*** What do you think about that?

<snip>

from that particular comment, I think you're so removed from reality that you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground...

I offered a thread suggesting we engage in a rational debate on gun control. The gun huggers response has been filled with hyperbole and slippery slope fear mongering. There is only concern for the Second Amendment, not for the victims of yesterday's shooting or any of the other victims of mass attacks on innocent and unarmed civilians by gunmen in the past decade.

*** BTW, I do not support a ban on all firearms, I do think our laws today are irrational. Expalin to me why a sportman or a homeowner needs high volume magazines, semi automatic hand and long guns?

It matters what the judge thinks when he asks the state for objective, documented evidence indicating no one has ever been murdered by a revolver. He’ll ask for objective, documented evidence demonstrating that banning semi-auto pistols will save lives.

All citizens have the same rights, there is no such thing as ‘victims’ rights.’ The Constitution affords citizens the right to self-defense, and the handgun is the preferred method by which Americans exercise that right. It is incumbent upon the state to provide a rational basis justifying the banning or restriction of a right supported by evidence. That one perceives revolvers as ‘less dangerous’ than semi-auto handguns is not objective evidence.

Citizens are not required to justify the exercising of a Constitutional right. Although no right is absolute, and all rights are subject to limitations, the state is nonetheless given the greater burden when attempting to curtail or preempt a given right.

The state must explain to a court how banning a high capacity magazine or semi-automatic firearm will render society ‘safer,’ it will have to explain what constitutes a ‘high capacity’ magazine, or how a bolt action rifle is any less dangerous than a semi-auto rifle.

This has nothing to do with a ‘slippery slope,’ it has only to do with what the state can and can not prove in a court of law; and there simply is no evidence in support of the state or other jurisdiction banning a type of handgun, as the City of Chicago recently learned.

<snip>

from that particular comment, I think you're so removed from reality that you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground...

And that is why you should read the entire post before making a judgment.

It matters what the judge thinks when he asks the state for objective, documented evidence indicating no one has ever been murdered by a revolver. He&#8217;ll ask for objective, documented evidence demonstrating that banning semi-auto pistols will save lives.

Of course a single-action revolver can kill, but not with the efficiency of a semi auto and with only six rounds, victims - unless they are first graders - can fight or flee.

All citizens have the same rights, there is no such thing as &#8216;victims&#8217; rights.&#8217; The Constitution affords citizens the right to self-defense, and the handgun is the preferred method by which Americans exercise that right. It is incumbent upon the state to provide a rational basis justifying the banning or restriction of a right supported by evidence. That one perceives revolvers as &#8216;less dangerous&#8217; than semi-auto handguns is not objective evidence.

How much more objective do you need? Mass Murder committed by one gunman seems to provide damn clear objective evidence.

(See why the entire post should be read)

Your academic response failed to answer this seminal question.

Citizens are not required to justify the exercising of a Constitutional right. Although no right is absolute, and all rights are subject to limitations, the state is nonetheless given the greater burden when attempting to curtail or preempt a given right.

The state must explain to a court how banning a high capacity magazine or semi-automatic firearm will render society &#8216;safer,&#8217; it will have to explain what constitutes a &#8216;high capacity&#8217; magazine, or how a bolt action rifle is any less dangerous than a semi-auto rifle.

I think the court might be swayed by the ME's report and photo's of 25 first graders; semi auto high velocity guns are much more effective killing machines then a lever or bolt action rifle. How well do you think a WW I rifle company would fare v. one with M16's.

This has nothing to do with a &#8216;slippery slope,&#8217; it has only to do with what the state can and can not prove in a court of law; and there simply is no evidence in support of the state or other jurisdiction banning a type of handgun, as the City of Chicago recently learned.

As the law stands today, with Judical Review the Supreme Court could support a states right to enforce laws to mitigate the type of carnage we saw yesterday.

Last edited:

lmao.........tell any of the 172 million gun owners you are going to take away their weapons.

Nobody is taking my shit away................like ever.

My two babies................

mossberg-500-special-purpose-shotgun.jpg

19065P1000780.jpg

In fact, was at the range today and fired off about 65 rounds with the tactical 12 guage............dang the shoulder is sore tonight even with use of the Knoxx stock.

Come and take my guns away, asswipe.

I don't understand why people cannot just be caring human beings, Americans. Even if you don't have children, surely you can have some degree of feeling for the parents whose children were gunned down yesterday.

I just heard that one of murdered little girls was going to be a angel in her school play.

Does anything touch you?

What you are suggesting that we make more gun free zones to include homes.

Come and take my guns away, asswipe.

That is the intention. For you and the rest of the mentally unstable population that would use your war guns on our children.

oh yeah that's right you are the "GUN OWNER" who thinks it's a good thing to use a hunting rifle for home defense. Let's just forget about your neighbors homes that you just sent a bullet through.
You are more of a danger with a firearm because you do not have any knowledge about them.

lmao.........tell any of the 172 million gun owners you are going to take away their weapons.

19065P1000780.jpg

In fact, was at the range today and fired off about 65 rounds with the tactical 12 guage............dang the shoulder is sore tonight even with use of the Knoxx stock.

Those are YOUR babies.

These were someone else's babies:

Names of victims in Connecticut shooting released

19065P1000780.jpg

Those are YOUR babies.

limpwristers are gay.............

19065P1000780.jpg

Those are YOUR babies.

limpwristers are gay.............

I cannot even imagine the emptiness that must take the place of your soul that you brag about "your babies" the day after such a tragedy takes away some REAL innocent babies.

May the gods have mercy on your "soul".

Although he was carrying three weapons, he used only one of them in all of the school killings — a Bushmaster .223-caliber assault-style rifle similar to the one used by the snipers who terrorized the Washington, D.C., area in 2002. It was purchased legally.

Indiana school threats: Police say man threatened killings at elementary school - chicagotribune.com

Police: 2 dead after shooting at Las Vegas hotel
Although he was carrying three weapons, he used only one of them in all of the school killings — a Bushmaster .223-caliber assault-style rifle similar to the one used by the snipers who terrorized the Washington, D.C., area in 2002. It was purchased legally.
Where did this come from your ass?

Indiana school threats: Police say man threatened killings at elementary school - chicagotribune.com

Police: 2 dead after shooting at Las Vegas hotel
Where did this come from your ass?

NEWTOWN, Conn. – School shooter Adam Lanza carried hundreds of bullets when he shot his way into Sandy Hook Elementary School and used an assault rifle to do most of the killing, authorities confirmed Sunday.

Lanza, 20, fired a Bushmaster .223 semiautomatic rifle to kill many of the 20 children and six adults at the school Friday, Connecticut State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance said. He used a Glock 10-millimeter handgun to shoot himself in the head. He also carried at Sig Sauer pistol. A shotgun, the type of which was not identified, was found in the trunk of Lanza’s car outside the school.

Connecticut school shooter used assault rifle, had many bullets - latimes.com

You have other information?

Forum List

Back