It’s Time to Unplug the Hype Over Electric Vehicles

as lazerus long said,,

"listen to an expert on why it cant be done then do it"

this guy just explained the problems so now all you have to do is avoid them,,
EV's might not be for everybody but they are still a viable alternative for many,,

But like he said...........if you just use it to go to work, stop at the store, and go home.........you're pretty safe. I don't know many people who will buy an expensive vehicle just to do that. And this is beside the cost of installing a battery junction for juicing up the car.

But like he said...........if you just use it to go to work, stop at the store, and go home.........you're pretty safe. I don't know many people who will buy an expensive vehicle just to do that. And this is beside the cost of installing a battery junction for juicing up the car.
work, shopping and going home is about 90% of what a car is used for,, and what stops a person from driving the same way for entertainment trips??

and a charging station is minimal when you consider the savings

work, shopping and going home is about 90% of what a car is used for,, and what stops a person from driving the same way for entertainment trips??

What savings? You have a much higher initial cost. The cost to operate is less so long as you can plug in for free, but when you have to pay for your electricity the cost is sometimes higher than gasoline.

In Europe, where electricity is three times what we pay there are no savings.

Too much investment for something you may not have for too long. Not many people have that kind of money sitting around.
Also, unless you get a van or SUV, tall people cannot fit in those doll cars.

If you have a house, you have to outfit your house to be supplied with the correct electrical inputs, which requires hiring an electrical contractor or hiring the city to do it. More expense.
And if you are like most people, and live in a condo or apartment, these places are not set up or geared for having electric charge stations.

It's more expense up front than it is scattered out long term. And from what I've read online in the past week or so, the government is cutting out EV perks and so are many states.

What savings? You have a much higher initial cost. The cost to operate is less so long as you can plug in for free, but when you have to pay for your electricity the cost is sometimes higher than gasoline.

In Europe, where electricity is three times what we pay there are no savings.
its not a higher cost for people that normally buy expensive cars,,
and like all new tech R&D is paid for by the rich that buy early when prices are high,,

as for operating costs, I have already looked and a small solar system for just charging a car runs under 1500.00 and can last more than 15 yrs,, sounds cheap to me,,

Too much investment for something you may not have for too long. Not many people have that kind of money sitting around.
Also, unless you get a van or SUV, tall people cannot fit in those doll cars.

If you have a house, you have to outfit your house to be supplied with the correct electrical inputs, which requires hiring an electrical contractor or hiring the city to do it. More expense.
And if you are like most people, and live in a condo or apartment, these places are not set up or geared for having electric charge stations.

It's more expense up front than it is scattered out long term. And from what I've read online in the past week or so, the government is cutting out EV perks and so are many states.
I'm 6'3" and fit in my moms prius just fine,,

the rest of your gibberish is showing you know little of which you speak,,

But its good for the environment,o_O,

1647277321986.png

its not a higher cost for people that normally buy expensive cars,,
and like all new tech R&D is paid for by the rich that buy early when prices are high,,

as for operating costs, I have already looked and a small solar system for just charging a car runs under 1500.00 and can last more than 15 yrs,, sounds cheap to me,,

Yeah, have you bothered to check how long your cheap solar array will take to charge your EV from a low charge?

Try two MONTHS, or more. Depending on where you live. Not exactly convenient after a long trip to the folks place next State over. Now is it.

Yeah, have you bothered to check how long your cheap solar array will take to charge your EV from a low charge?

Try two MONTHS, or more. Depending on where you live. Not exactly convenient after a long trip to the folks place next State over. Now is it.

depending on the size of your panel array it could take as few as 3-5 hrs for the average house system,,

you really should get better educated on the details of the issue,,

Not to speak of what a EFG will do to all this solar. We have a small array of solar but also make plans for nothing.

depending on the size of your panel array it could take as few as 3-5 hrs for the average house system,,

you really should get better educated on the details of the issue,,

That is not correct. The only way you can get that charge rate is from the grid.

Not to speak of what a EFG will do to all this solar. We have a small array of solar but also make plans for nothing.

I have a 30 year old solar system. It worked great for many years, but it never replaced the grid.

That is not correct. The only way you can get that charge rate is from the grid.
as I said.. you need more education on the issue,,

if you have a battery pack to collect power when you are not there all you do is plug into the battery bank and transfer that power into the car which takes very little time,,,

I have a 30 year old solar system. It worked great for many years, but it never replaced the grid.
what did you use it for and what werent you able to use it for??

lets not forget if your system is 30 yrs old its doesnt even come close to modern tech in solar,,

what did you use it for and what werent you able to use it for??

lets not forget if your system is 30 yrs old its doesnt even come close to modern tech in solar,,

It is useful for daytime usage, able to run all the lights, most of the appliances, but none of my machinery.

Forum List

Back