It's time to legalize drugs

I'm willing to bet you are one of the folks that would applaud a bumper sticker that read:

Outlaw guns and only outlaws will have guns

Am I right?

The name "Sean Taylor" means nothing to you, does it? That bumper sticker is dead on true. Why do whackos shoot up places like Virginia Tech? They know that no one will be shooting back.

Ignoring this supports our point that the war on drugs causes great harm to our country including cost and violence, you demonstrated my conclusion as well. It doesn't work, we still have the drugs...

We have not been serious about inflicting penalties on abusers. At most they get a year or so in prison, which is a paid vacation for most of these jokers. And that's IF they caught to begin with.

And you seriously believe if we did your War would be turning out differently and justify the high cost, extensive loss of privacy, international destabilization of governments and your hypocrisy of telling people you believe in small government and that they should make their own choices, which doesn't extend to what they choose to put in their own bodies?

Most violent crimes involve drugs. Get rid of drugs, get rid of lots of crime.
Pretty simple, really.

Seriously?

I'm willing to bet you are one of the folks that would applaud a bumper sticker that read:

Am I right?

Tell me...when the US outlawed alcohol (google Prohibition if you don't know what I'm talking about), did crime go up or down?

Whassa matter, coward...can't argue the point so you have to neg rep? Meow...

yep thats Rabbi.....you have to watch out he is kind of delicate.....his feelings bruise easily....basically he is a Fucking Pussy....

Federal Form 4472, Question 11E "Are you an unlawful user of or addicted to...marijuana....."
If you answer yes, which you must, you are prohibited. Period.
There is no comparison. It is a falsehood.

Hey stupid.......you can't become addicted to cannabis.

ABS....i think you can Mentally.......but not physically no.....

You can become mentally addicted to anything........shopping, gambling, other people (also called co-dependency), or your pet.

Shit........some people even have addictions to money.

As far as what I've seen as a Navy DAPA for 8 years, as well as what I've seen in the past 9 years as a civilian who was working at a biker bar where cannabis was allowed to be smoked out back, no..........people with addictions generally have some other kind of substance that they're working with, I've never seen a cannabis addict, either physically or mentally.

However.....I've seen several people who don't drink, and smoke cannabis only, who are pretty decent, polite, and productive people.

Seriously?

Am I right?

Tell me...when the US outlawed alcohol (google Prohibition if you don't know what I'm talking about), did crime go up or down?

There is no point to argue there, Mary. The comparison is so stupid and hackneyed and has been refuted so many times only a moron would dredge it up. Like you.

Hey stupid.........people were allowed to have alcohol prior to Prohibition. During Prohibition, MANY criminal enterprises grew up around speakeasys and rum runners. Matter of fact, it was Prohibition that brought the rise of the Mafia.

If we legalized cannabis, we'd end up with several things........first, many drug cartels would switch over to pot, there would be no more crime associated with it, because face it, if you could go to the store rather than have to go to the wrong side of the tracks, crime would decrease because the opportunity would be less.

My view? If it's a plant and can be grown and used WITHOUT BEING REFINED (like cocaine), it should be legal to grow and use.

Seriously?

Am I right?

yep thats Rabbi.....you have to watch out he is kind of delicate.....his feelings bruise easily....basically he is a Fucking Pussy....

Translation: He beats me like a red headed step child in every exchange.

Ignoring this supports our point that the war on drugs causes great harm to our country including cost and violence, you demonstrated my conclusion as well. It doesn't work, we still have the drugs...

We have not been serious about inflicting penalties on abusers. At most they get a year or so in prison, which is a paid vacation for most of these jokers. And that's IF they caught to begin with.

And you seriously believe if we did your War would be turning out differently and justify the high cost, extensive loss of privacy, international destabilization of governments and your hypocrisy of telling people you believe in small government and that they should make their own choices, which doesn't extend to what they choose to put in their own bodies?

Seemed to work for the Chinese. One chance to quit using drugs. Then we kill you if you screw up again.
Seems pretty simple. Even you could understand that.

Seemed to work for the Chinese. One chance to quit using drugs. Then we kill you if you screw up again.

So, you're agreeing with us, that drug prohibition is the tool of totalitarian regimes?

What a brainless response

First off, cannabis isn't addictive. Studies have been done on this many times by respected medical bodies.

Second off, if cannabis were made legal tomorrow, the increase in cannabis smoking would NOT appreciably grow. It would bump up a little, but would stay pretty much the same.

Harvard Medical said light use is less than 10 joints/day. Moderate use is 11 to 25, heavy use is anything above 50/day.

Besides.......cannabis is a plant. Why should mankind make something illegal that God created?

What type of crappy ass weed did they use in that study? If I did 10 joints of what my friends usually get I would wake up 50lbs overweight, on the floor, surrounded by White Castle wrappers and gallon containers of Ice cream.
This sounds like a more-than-bogus Harvard Medical study.

10 joints, per day, constitutes light-usage??

Bullshit. 10 joints, per day, would be considered a lifestyle...if it was (even) possible.

As-far-as waking-up, after 10 joints, goes.....no one's gonna manage to smoke 10 joints, before they pass-out, anyhow. Unless White Castle all-of-a-sudden delivers...or, you can talk someone-else into bringing the food to you....10 joints, a day, is only gonna glue you in-front-of a T.V.

Anyone, who'd (actually) enjoy such an existence, has much bigger problems than Pot-smoking.​

First off, cannabis isn't addictive. Studies have been done on this many times by respected medical bodies.

Second off, if cannabis were made legal tomorrow, the increase in cannabis smoking would NOT appreciably grow. It would bump up a little, but would stay pretty much the same.

Harvard Medical said light use is less than 10 joints/day. Moderate use is 11 to 25, heavy use is anything above 50/day.

Besides.......cannabis is a plant. Why should mankind make something illegal that God created?

The experience in the Netherlands pretty much contradicts that nonsense.
No one is making something God created illegal. Only its use, sale and possession.

Got a link that proves cannabis is addictive when smoked? Got news for you, it doesn't exist. Harvard Medical and the Royal British Medical Society (as well as the CIA in the 60's), proved that.
How "odd" that drug-warriors never....
....with their scare-tactics.

:eusa_eh:

Do people lose their judgment when they hold a gun in their hands? I never saw it.
False comparison.
Try sticking with the subject here.

But interesting you bring that up. You realize you are a prohibited person and ineligible to buy a gun, right?

So you are good with outlawing alcohol again one can assume?

We're not discussing alcohol, Norbert. Try to stick with the topic.
Ah, yes.....we wouldn't want to get too-close to the subject o' Prohibition, right, Skippy?

handjob.gif

(Yeah...I know...it is one o' them, there big words...but, it is relevant.)

Drugs are illegal now and anyone can get anything anytime, any day, any hour and any minute of every day. And they call them "controlled substances". Only a fool believes drugs are "controlled".
Anyone that denies that fact is an idiot.
All prohibition does is create more debt, broken families, fills prisons, crime, violence and deaths.
Prohibition is far worse than legalization.
Drugs are A HEALTH PROBLEM, not a crime problem. The prohibition causes the crime.

Utter bullshit.
Can you support that rude and empty retort with some intelligent substance? Such as how the U.S. has benefited from the War On Drugs -- especially the prohibition of marijuana.

Drugs are illegal now and anyone can get anything anytime, any day, any hour and any minute of every day. And they call them "controlled substances". Only a fool believes drugs are "controlled".
Anyone that denies that fact is an idiot.
All prohibition does is create more debt, broken families, fills prisons, crime, violence and deaths.
Prohibition is far worse than legalization.
Drugs are A HEALTH PROBLEM, not a crime problem. The prohibition causes the crime.

Utter bullshit.
Can you support that rude and empty retort with some intelligent substance? Such as how the U.S. has benefited from the War On Drugs -- especially the prohibition of marijuana.

The Rabbi wants government to solve his problems for him and tell people what they can do with their bodies. They may make the wrong choice. It has to be stopped. He trusts politicians for that, deciding what people can do with their bodies. And clearly government tracking financial transactions and invading our privacy to do it is well worth the benefit of government controlling people. And hey, funding mafias and destabalizing government is a small price to pay for government to control what we put in our bodies. Yes, he trusts government, the guy is whacked.

Last edited:
The Rabbi doesn't seem to understand the implications of his wishing that we kill drug dealers and addicts.
No doubt.

That'd surely kick-the-shit outta the pain-management business...you know....killin' doctors, and all o' their patients.

eusa_doh.gif

(Stupid Teabaggers.)​

William F. Buckley and Milton Friedman, two of the most respected conservative intellectuals of the late 20th century, were among the drug war's high-profile critics. These great thinkers did not argue that recreational drug use should be celebrated -- far from it! Instead, they argued that the prohibition of drugs was causing far greater harm to society than drug abuse itself. And they were right.

When I ran for governor of New Mexico in 1994, I promised to bring a common-sense business approach to government. Everything was going to be a cost-benefit analysis -- how much of taxpayers' money are we spending, and what are we getting for the money we spend?

As governor, I was astonished to learn that half of what we were spending on law enforcement, courts and prisons was drug-related, and yet illegal drugs were cheaper, stronger and more available than ever. After further study, it became obvious to me that the drug war had created a lucrative black market and was enriching and empowering violent gangs and cartels. In many ways, it was like alcohol prohibition all over again, with similarly disastrous results.

Gary Johnson: Face reality, legalize pot - CNN.com

The US is a drug-crazed nation where all sorts of drugs have always been legal. The drug war is all about the fact that others other than the usual major drug pushers - the pharmaceutical industry, FDA, politicians and doctors - are also profiting in the drug market.
The genesis of The Drug War was also about Corporate America....

William F. Buckley and Milton Friedman, two of the most respected conservative intellectuals of the late 20th century, were among the drug war's high-profile critics. These great thinkers did not argue that recreational drug use should be celebrated -- far from it! Instead, they argued that the prohibition of drugs was causing far greater harm to society than drug abuse itself. And they were right.

When I ran for governor of New Mexico in 1994, I promised to bring a common-sense business approach to government. Everything was going to be a cost-benefit analysis -- how much of taxpayers' money are we spending, and what are we getting for the money we spend?

As governor, I was astonished to learn that half of what we were spending on law enforcement, courts and prisons was drug-related, and yet illegal drugs were cheaper, stronger and more available than ever. After further study, it became obvious to me that the drug war had created a lucrative black market and was enriching and empowering violent gangs and cartels. In many ways, it was like alcohol prohibition all over again, with similarly disastrous results.

Gary Johnson: Face reality, legalize pot - CNN.com

The US is a drug-crazed nation where all sorts of drugs have always been legal. The drug war is all about the fact that others other than the usual major drug pushers - the pharmaceutical industry, FDA, politicians and doctors - are also profiting in the drug market.

Motherfucker can you see what you just wrote?
....And, the big conflict is what....well, besides "the pharmaceutical industry, FDA, politicians and doctors" being the "major drug pushers"??

:eusa_eh:

Not all drug users are addicts. I use pot recreationally, a few times a year. Drug laws are like all laws limiting "use of X". They are desgined to protect the weakest and stupidest people in our society, while preventing people such as myself a little bit of enjoyment when we want to relax.

We already have several legal drugs, alcohol, nicotine, caffine, so there is precedent, and most of these were legal prior to their regulation in the early 20th century.

Aggressive pursuit of eliminating drug use has resulted in increased crime, transfer of our money to said criminals, increased police power, lack of respect for the law, and basically zero elimination of drug use.

its time to try something different.

I agree we need to try something different. But turning this country into a nation of zombies isnt really what I would call a good change.
I proposed something different, and something with a proven record of eliminating drug addiction.

You mean like in Afganistan and Indonesia? Both countries have incredibly harsh penalties for drug trafficking, and yet, both of those countries have MASSIVE drug trades - 3/4 of all heroin in the world comes from Afganistan.
Gee....I wonder what genius made THAT.....

george%20bush%20looking%20stupid.jpg

Forum List

Back