*Are The Power Companies Getting Too Much Power?*

• 1. *YES*

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. *No.*

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry bout that,

I heat my home with fossil fuel. It was a pretty good idea for about a hundred years until the communist revolutionaries decided that I was the bad guy and Hugo Chavez is the good guy. I have two generators but they rely on gasoline. Our economy relies on gas. The communist revolutionary who somehow became president tells me that fossil fuels are bad and China is good and Hugo Chavez deserves a standing ovation after telling the UN that the former (republican) president was the spawn of satan. "and you tell me over and over again my friend, yeah you don't believe we are on the eve of destruction"....Barry McGuire

1. Maybe switch to natural gas.
2. Its American made, and its cheaper.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

I heat my home with fossil fuel. It was a pretty good idea for about a hundred years until the communist revolutionaries decided that I was the bad guy and Hugo Chavez is the good guy. I have two generators but they rely on gasoline. Our economy relies on gas. The communist revolutionary who somehow became president tells me that fossil fuels are bad and China is good and Hugo Chavez deserves a standing ovation after telling the UN that the former (republican) president was the spawn of satan. "and you tell me over and over again my friend, yeah you don't believe we are on the eve of destruction"....Barry McGuire

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Do you think (how can I say this in a delicate way) that everyone can plug into natural gas you fool?

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Do you think (how can I say this in a delicate way) that everyone can plug into natural gas you fool?

1. I have a great idea, and you call me a fool.
2. I hope gas goes up to 10 bucks a gallon where you r.:evil::evil::evil:
:evil:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

They did that smart meter thing in FL years ago.
You had to agree to it though and in exchange you got a cheaper power rate.

It is mandatory in Texas the freedom state?

1. Its a crime what they do, I met the meter guy the first time he came to change my meter, and I told him not to remove my old meter, which he didn't.
2. But they may have well come in the middle of the night, but they came during the day, I was in the shower, they rang the soor bell but we didn't answer the door, so they whipped around to the side of my house and kidnapped my old meter, and threw on thier new shiny meter.
3. I have no recourse, the bastards are following the Utility Commision, set up by themselves to screw us over.
4. And Texans are so slow to do anything, they expect to get a fair shake, they get ripped off all the time.
5. Anyway, its a cruel world we live in, but its all we got.:evil:
6. We here in the DFW area are having our natural gas tapped, by drilling, I have a lot of land leased to them, and hope some day it will pay enough so I can retire comfortable.
7. Which I guess will offset my anger what they are doing to me now, we will see though.:evil:
8. And no they didn't offer a discount in the rates either!:evil:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Meters, the old ones worked yet they took our dwindling natural resources to make new meters, smart meters, as in we are so smart we would be dumb to not want a Smart Meter. Great marketing.

So how much oil did it take to make the metal and glass and the electronics in the smart meter, how many laws, rules, and regulations were applied or met or were forced to meet, in order to make Smart Meters.

I bet there is a law, a rule, a regulation.

How many meters in the USA, do they make one dollar for every Smart Meter, does a Smart Meter compute a Smart Tax?

Do they even measure electricity correctly, who tested them, when, where.

Did we even save energy intalling new meters or did we waste energy.

Smart Meters would never of been required if we did not have a Smart Green Renewable Energy policy.

There's a marvelous invention available. It's called a "tank".

lp-standby-generator-fuel-tank.jpg

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Deep Ellum? I have been to Commanche Peak, what is that cities name, its an old city with an old fashion town square, they sell those expensive dolls and junk from europe, I think the town is used in movies, very old town.

Anyhow, people in Texas, which I assume that is Dallas Fort Worth, if things get real tough, you can just eat more BBQ'ed Bologna.

There's a marvelous invention available. It's called a "tank".

lp-standby-generator-fuel-tank.jpg

Umm that is propane not natural gas.
Good thing there are conversion kits available, huh?

I guess there are. I just have a 1000 gal propane tank and 2 mounted and wired in generators. And a PTO driven one and a small portable one.

If the power goes off in 5 min the gennys spin up and it is back on and my computers and entertainment area is on a battery backed UPS so I do not even pause.
When the power comes back on and stays on for 5 min the lights just flicker when the gennys transfer back to commercial and shut down.

Umm that is propane not natural gas.

I guess there are. I just have a 1000 gal propane tank and 2 mounted and wired in generators. And a PTO driven one and a small portable one.

If the power goes off in 5 min the gennys spin up and it is back on and my computers and entertainment area is on a battery backed UPS so I do not even pause.
When the power comes back on and stays on for 5 min the lights just flicker when the gennys transfer back to commercial and shut down.
Good stuff. By the way...I'm a 3E0X2. :lol:

Ahh I was a certified Telephony power systems technician (among other things)

Multiple 4000 amp chargers 2000 ah single cells strung together to make 53 or so volts. Inverters, Gensets, synchronous transfer switches, etc.
They were generally big diesel driven gennys though.

Multiple 4000 amp chargers 2000 ah single cells strung together to make 53 or so volts. Inverters, Gensets, synchronous transfer switches, etc.
That's a big ol' battery bank! Cool stuff!

Yep big batteries, each cell weighed over a ton.

Yep big batteries, each cell weighed over a ton.
And some poor SOB had to test the specific gravity of each cell every month, didn't he? Man, I was glad when we switched to sealed gel cells.

Forum List

Back