It's Time to Bring Back Corporal Punishment in Schools

We had corporal punishment at my private high school and it was made perfectly clear to parents when enrolling their kids. Punishment was in the form of a wooden paddle to one's backside, administered by the vice principal. And I'm here to tell you it stung like hell and I never knew anyone who ever had to be "adjusted" more than once during my three years there.

All that said however, from what I've heard about this FL guy I think his problems were way beyond a simple ass swatting cure.

Last edited:
Somewhere we are failing in the home
After yesterday's shooting, there is something positive we can do. It doesn't take a village, it takes a Coach or Principle to deliver swift punishment. Learning right from wrong at an early age is prudent. It also puts the school in a different light for children in this regard. Like a child should fear the wrath of their father, they should also understand that school can deliver justice on a lessor scale.

-Geaux

I do agree that most schools in the Western world have little or no discipline anymore, that children can do as they please and get away with it, this is the fault of Political Correctness which is a great cancer on Western society, if a teacher even gives a naughty child the mildest of slaps on the hand it goes screaming its lungs out and the next thing the teacher is accused of physically abusing the child. I agree that a moderate form of discipline should be re introduced into all schools in the Western world but not how it was say 40, 50 years ago etc where children were basically beaten senseless.

I'm 57, and recall in Elementary/Jr High school how coaches paddle was feared. It was like a legend around school. It was a beast of a paddle with holes drilled in it to reduce drag lol. One trip, (3) licks that left welts and that was it. A very good deterrent. Then when I got home, Dad added his opinion............

Something has changed in how our youth are raised relative to understanding the difference between right and wrong. Entitlement types do not recognize right from wrong. That question is irrelevant since they feel entitled to benefit from a decision. Regardless whether it comes with a negative consequence.

That's not fair

And the beat goes on

-Geaux

The OP is talking about smacking the kids when they are little. Being a coward, his pea brain never thought of the kids getting big. He somehow believes that hitting little kids will turn them into perfect citizens.
It'll make better citizens than the lil pukes running around today. Put some uniforms on them too. School is a kids "job". The kid does it well, kid gets rewarded. Sending a kid to a Public school these days is a form of child abuse.
Didn't the kid in Florida have an ROTC shirt on? and there's pics of him with Army hats on?

Elite_Scouting_Polk_County___Orlando_Nike_NFTC_099.JPG

Yeah, you go tell him to go bend over the desk because you are about to paddle his ass....

Young men like that one are a lot easier to manage than your standard classroom screw-up.
I mean coaches around here would cut from the team until they learned how to behave in the classroom ... :thup:

That's not corporal punishment ... But if a student as old as the young man you have pictured ... They should know how to behave.
If they don't ... Then you didn't do the right stuff a long time ago ... Kind of like Mr. Cruz.

After yesterday's shooting, there is something positive we can do. It doesn't take a village, it takes a Coach or Principle to deliver swift punishment. Learning right from wrong at an early age is prudent. It also puts the school in a different light for children in this regard. Like a child should fear the wrath of their father, they should also understand that school can deliver justice on a lessor scale.

-Geaux
Elite_Scouting_Polk_County___Orlando_Nike_NFTC_099.JPG

Yeah, you go tell him to go bend over the desk because you are about to paddle his ass....

If you raised em right in the first place that behemoth would already have discipline instilled in him before he reaches that age.
Damn you liberals cant see further than the tip of your nose.

Somewhere we are failing in the home

-Geaux

I do agree that most schools in the Western world have little or no discipline anymore, that children can do as they please and get away with it, this is the fault of Political Correctness which is a great cancer on Western society, if a teacher even gives a naughty child the mildest of slaps on the hand it goes screaming its lungs out and the next thing the teacher is accused of physically abusing the child. I agree that a moderate form of discipline should be re introduced into all schools in the Western world but not how it was say 40, 50 years ago etc where children were basically beaten senseless.

I'm 57, and recall in Elementary/Jr High school how coaches paddle was feared. It was like a legend around school. It was a beast of a paddle with holes drilled in it to reduce drag lol. One trip, (3) licks that left welts and that was it. A very good deterrent. Then when I got home, Dad added his opinion............

Something has changed in how our youth are raised relative to understanding the difference between right and wrong. Entitlement types do not recognize right from wrong. That question is irrelevant since they feel entitled to benefit from a decision. Regardless whether it comes with a negative consequence.

That's not fair

And the beat goes on

-Geaux
LOL...that must have been standard procedure.

At freshman/transfer orientation at my school the vice principal showed off the paddle and made sure to point out its quarter-sized holes were there to cut down on the drag while enroute to the target area.

Arent American kids being punished enough by living in a war zone ?

I think only Detroit, Chicago and the State of California are Official War Zones.
Even tho there are several other states/cities worse off when it comes to violence........Orlando, for example.

Okay so include Orlando as another Official War Zone, most of these violent America cities are run by Democrats they have Democratic Mayors and Representatives why is this? Why are they not doing something to reduce all these violent crimes? They are failing the peoples who elected them.

Like they say...Time Out is just practice for prison.

The school board here indicated "Time Outs" were no longer an acceptable means of punishment.
They stated that it singled the student out and amounted to bullying by the teacher.

The smart teachers still use a Time Out when appropriate ...
They simply state that the student has ... "Volunteered for a Moment of Personal Reflection" ... Instead of getting sent to the office ... :21:

The OP is talking about smacking the kids when they are little. Being a coward, his pea brain never thought of the kids getting big. He somehow believes that hitting little kids will turn them into perfect citizens.
It'll make better citizens than the lil pukes running around today. Put some uniforms on them too. School is a kids "job". The kid does it well, kid gets rewarded. Sending a kid to a Public school these days is a form of child abuse.
School Enables Economic Bullying

What kind of reward do they get? A nice job 20 years later is no motivator. Divide the classes into teams, quiz all through the day. The highest-scoring team will get Friday off, the lowest will have to come in on Saturday.

These youngsters probably want to be paid to NOT commit crimes. Somewhere in Philly, they are doing just that. Maybe its a magnet program and Chicago is next

-Geaux

-Geaux
What's positive about having a principal or coach physically disciplining a child?
To me, such a thing should be a last resort. Taking away privileges is what should come first. Because doing that can go for as long as necessary. If a kid want their abilities back, then they know what is to be done in order to get them.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

-Geaux

yeah, that'll do it

if only they had suspended this kid a couple of times or expelled him...

oh, wait

Many kids today are running amok because they weren’t properly disciplined in their early years.
They aren’t being taught about consequences for their actions, how to handle disappointment, the importance of treating others as they would want to be treated, or the value of life.

-Geaux

What's positive about having a principal or coach physically disciplining a child?

When coupled with proper home training, relative to accepting the consequence of our actions, it re-enforces the difference between right and wrong.

-Geaux
I never had to use violence against my daughters or my godson to instill them with morals.

Last edited:

-Geaux

When coupled with proper home training, relative to accepting the consequence of our actions, it re-enforces the difference between right and wrong.

-Geaux
I never had to use violence against my daughters or my godson to instill them with morals.

That's awesome

-Geaux

What father?

Forum List

Back