It's time for President Obama to step up!

Compromise won't work when only one is at the table. It's now (past) time for President Obama to move forward with universal health care for all Americans.
The insurance industry has for too long inserted its agents between the patient and their doctor, putting profit first and medical care a distant second.
A governmental insurance program available to all Americans can be administered more economically then the private sector. Government will not pay huge bonuses, nor need to hire salespersons, district managers, or lawyers to limit payouts.
Cost to medical providers will be reduced as their need to interact with scores of insurance companies will be reduced to one; denials will be eliminated and tort reform will become reality if independent arbitrators are hired to resolve disputes.
See HR 676 for the general idea.

Remind me again, which country did Teddy Kennedy go to for treatment?

Who cares?

Every other industrialized nation in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare.

It is time for us to catch up.

Compromise won't work when only one is at the table. It's now (past) time for President Obama to move forward with universal health care for all Americans.
The insurance industry has for too long inserted its agents between the patient and their doctor, putting profit first and medical care a distant second.
A governmental insurance program available to all Americans can be administered more economically then the private sector. Government will not pay huge bonuses, nor need to hire salespersons, district managers, or lawyers to limit payouts.
Cost to medical providers will be reduced as their need to interact with scores of insurance companies will be reduced to one; denials will be eliminated and tort reform will become reality if independent arbitrators are hired to resolve disputes.

Who cares?

Every other industrialized nation in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare.

Even if it means Tort Reform? You sure? You'd better check with Howard Dean

barry hussein need not step up, step down is more like it!!! IMPEACH!!!!!!!!!!

Yes please shove that bogus pilke of crap down America's throat. There will be veto proof Republican majorities in both houses of the US congress in less than a year.

Shows how little you know about our country.

With only a third of Senate seats up for election and republicans holding the majority of available seats, it is impossible for them to get a majority let alone a "veto proof" majority.

But it is irrelevant because repubs will lose more seats this time

I agree. The hell with this bipartisanship crap. The republicans said no matter what, they would not vote yes on this bill. No matter what.

Screw em. Mr. President, use the power you have and do this.

He does that, he loses in '12.

Simple.

No, he doesn't. Losing on the bill will do much more damage that passing a bill with only Democratic support.

I agree. The hell with this bipartisanship crap. The republicans said no matter what, they would not vote yes on this bill. No matter what.

Screw em. Mr. President, use the power you have and do this.

He does that, he loses in '12.

Simple.

No, he doesn't. Losing on the bill will do much more damage that passing a bill with only Democratic support.

You say it doesn't, and then you say it will be much worse than him losing in '12.

Explain please.

You say it doesn't, and then you say it will be much worse than him losing in '12.

Explain please.

I'm saying it doesn't and that the real political loser for him would be passing nothing.

OK.

I disagree. Voters have shown that they want a bill supported by at least a significant percentage of both sides.

Time will only tell.

Explain please.

I'm saying it doesn't and that the real political loser for him would be passing nothing.

OK.

I disagree. Voters have shown that they want a bill supported by at least a significant percentage of both sides.

Time will only tell.

People always say that in polls, but at the ballot box, they reward results.

OK.

Time will only tell.

People always say that in polls, but at the ballot box, they reward results.

We'll see.

I don't like spending too much time on hypotheticals. This situation supposes at least 2 of them. So the only way to see who is correct is just wait and see what happens.

Ha.Ha.--GOVERNMENT just paid huge bonuses to AIG & Fannie/Freddie executives--coming right out of our taxpayer pockets to the tune of over 265 MILLION dollars--:cuckoo:

$9-trillion-deficit.jpg

Last edited:

Who cares?

Even if it means Tort Reform? You sure? You'd better check with Howard Dean

Tort reform is a red herring

Texas passed it, the uninsured went up in numbers as did the cost of health insurance.

Explain please.

OK.

Time will only tell.

Voters want results, and they will get over disappointment. If health care reform passes, the GOP are toast.

RadiomanATL, when many social conservatives voted their pocket books last November, and even more are defecting daily because of what they perceive as Bush and GOP perfidy and callousness toward them, health care reform became irresistable. It will pass next month, and it will never overturned.

The poor and working classes will not be denied this time.

Last edited:
RadiomanATL, when many social conservatives voted their pocket books last November, and even more are defecting daily because of what the perceive as Bush and GOP perfidy and callousness toward them, health care reform became irresistable. It will pass next month, and it will never overturned.

The poor and working classes will not be denied this time.

The discussion I was having wasn't about whether or not HC reform will pass. It was about what will happen if it passes with zero Republican votes.

And like I also said, it all hinges on hypotheticals. Which while I do indulge in them from time to time, I do not like spending a lot of time on.

So, again, we'll see.

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HE NEEDS TO DO! i CANNOT WAIT FOR HIM TO DO IT. nO NO NO i CANNOT WAIT. :lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back