It's time for President Obama to step up!

I wish they would just do the stuff they claim the people want.
They have the votes, just not the stones.

Exactly.

Libs and n00bama want repubs on board so they can claim bipartisanship. They'll claim it was bipartisan with 2 or 3 repubs too. :lol:

It's political with them as usual.

I agree with the op. Lets go libs, you have the votes. Please go ahead and pull the trigger. Own it, you cowardly hacks. :lol:

It's time for President Obama to step up!.

hitler.jpg

What a perfect image for the neo-con minority that took power in 2001 and nearly wrecked the country.

The second it passes, the GOP will remain in the minority for a generation.

I agree totally
Obama is showing his weakness. He compromised on National healthcare, he is now giving up a public option. Next he will give up mandatory coverage followed by a requirement to cover pre-existing conditions.
Democrats have the votes and they are allowing right wing fear mongering and screaming to chase him away. He needs to show leadership, ignore the republicans and force a legitimate bill through.

While I am sure Obama would like to do that--he is also dealing with a more than 2-1 margin of majority Democrats in the house--& a very reluctant filibuster proof democrat senate that has every reason to walk cautiously.

After they got their butts bar-b-qued over the summer recess-by constituents (& especially the elderly--a large voting block for democrats)-they know that if they pass HR3200--they will create a sunami that rolls through both houses in 2010 that will be historic in nature.---:lol:

There wouldn't be a democrat left standing.

Last edited:
The second it passes, the GOP will remain in the minority for a generation.

This is an exact repeat of Republican opposition to the original Medicare bill.

Ronald Reagan made a record album saying that Medicare would lead to a communist takeover of America.

What an asshole!

Just like the Republicans today.

Nothing changes with them.

I agree totally
Obama is showing his weakness. He compromised on National healthcare, he is now giving up a public option. Next he will give up mandatory coverage followed by a requirement to cover pre-existing conditions.
Democrats have the votes and they are allowing right wing fear mongering and screaming to chase him away. He needs to show leadership, ignore the republicans and force a legitimate bill through.

Here is the thing. MSNBC is saying exactly the same thing. That is why I like them. They actually disagree with their guy.

I have never, ever seen Hannity ....ever....ever...critize Bush....ever!

That is the difference between Fox and MSNBC.

:clap2:

Nope, he ran on "uniting." Looks like "bipartisanship" is his baby.

Consequences, consequences...

I knew some idiot would say something like this. Its hard being bipartisanship when the other side says..no matter what, I am voting against this. No matter what.

Are you serious saying this?

Screw the republicans. He tried to appease them, they said no matter what, we are saying no. Screw em.

I knew some idiot would say something like this. Its hard being bipartisanship when the other side says..no matter what, I am voting against this. No matter what.

Screw the republicans. He tried to appease them, they said no matter what, we are saying no. Screw em.
No, it's more like "He ran on bipartisanship, so he may not be a 'screw it guy.' Sucks to be you." kinda thing.

I was glad to see the president is going to present his own healthcare bill.

The forces of evil have held back national health insurance for too long.

Every other Western democracy has it, and we should have it too.

I agree totally

There is a question, though, as to just how much he can really do as President. Shrub wasn't able to twist enough arms to get his Social Security privatization after all.

I was glad to see the president is going to present his own healthcare bill.

The forces of evil have held back national health insurance for too long.

Every other Western democracy has it, and we should have it too.

"the forces of evil" :lol:
Do you even have one clue as to how off the deepend you sound?

I agree totally

Here is the thing. MSNBC is saying exactly the same thing. That is why I like them. They actually disagree with their guy.

I have never, ever seen Hannity ....ever....ever...critize Bush....ever!

That is the difference between Fox and MSNBC.

You don't pay attention very much do you.

Unless you're just lying. ... <--- !

Very rarely do libs quesiton their superiors. Such good little peons.

I agree totally

There is a question, though, as to just how much he can really do as President. Shrub wasn't able to twist enough arms to get his Social Security privatization after all.

And to add further to this thought...

HE MAY BE THE PRESIDENT, BUT IT'S NOT ENTIRELY HIS CALL....

The NYT has an editorial today on President Obama's upcoming speech on health care to a joint session of Congress. The Times urges the White House not to "yield on core elements of reform."

There's been quite a bit of similar talk of late, about the steps the president must take (or avoid taking) in his speech, in his negotiations, in his interviews, etc. Whether health care reform happens -- and just as importantly, whether reform comes in the form of a good piece of legislation -- is, we're told, a question of what Obama does next. He's the leader, and the effort will rise or fall based on his demands.

I'm not sure this is true.

To be sure, Obama matters. Indeed, the reason an ambitious reform package is even on the table right now is because he put it there. And it's tempting to think the president, with an electoral mandate, reasonably strong approval ratings, and a like-minded Congress, can have exactly the kind of reform package he wants. Obama, one would like to think, should be calling the shots.

But Congress has its own ideas, especially when there's an ideologically-diverse Democratic majority with plenty of conservatives. Jonathan Chait recently argued that it's the legislative branch, not the executive, that's at the heart of the process.

The sense most people have of the health care debate is that it's great drama in which President Obama is the central player. All the big news has centered around hints and whispers about what the White House wants. They're abandoning the public plan! They're standing by the public plan! They're giving up on bipartisanship! The press has covered the story as if Obama is Moses and we're waiting for him to come down from the mountaintop.

This is totally wrong. The Senate is what controls the process. That's the chokepoint for any health care bill. The question isn't how badly Obama wants a public plan, or how much he cares about bipartisanship. It's whether moderate to conservative Democrats in the Senate will filibuster a bill that has a public plan or lacks GOP support.

I think the House represents a pretty significant hurdle -- compromise in one direction and lose the left, compromise in the other and lose the Blue Dogs -- but the emphasis on Congress strikes me as correct.

When the president speaks to a joint session this week, a whole lot of viewers will be waiting for the words "public option" to be uttered, and will feel dejected if they're not. But let's not forget that Obama has endorsed a public option repeatedly in recent months -- in speeches, in town-hall events, in weekly addresses, in media interviews -- and lawmakers who like the idea still like the idea, while lawmakers who don't still don't.

It's a biased source, but I think he makes good points

Compromise won't work when only one is at the table. It's now (past) time for President Obama to move forward with universal health care for all Americans.
The insurance industry has for too long inserted its agents between the patient and their doctor, putting profit first and medical care a distant second.
A governmental insurance program available to all Americans can be administered more economically then the private sector. Government will not pay huge bonuses, nor need to hire salespersons, district managers, or lawyers to limit payouts.
Cost to medical providers will be reduced as their need to interact with scores of insurance companies will be reduced to one; denials will be eliminated and tort reform will become reality if independent arbitrators are hired to resolve disputes.
See HR 676 for the general idea.

Remind me again, which country did Teddy Kennedy go to for treatment?
Do you really think that's logical?

Forum List

Back