It's time for President Obama to step up!

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Compromise won't work when only one is at the table. It's now (past) time for President Obama to move forward with universal health care for all Americans.
The insurance industry has for too long inserted its agents between the patient and their doctor, putting profit first and medical care a distant second.
A governmental insurance program available to all Americans can be administered more economically then the private sector. Government will not pay huge bonuses, nor need to hire salespersons, district managers, or lawyers to limit payouts.
Cost to medical providers will be reduced as their need to interact with scores of insurance companies will be reduced to one; denials will be eliminated and tort reform will become reality if independent arbitrators are hired to resolve disputes.
See HR 676 for the general idea.

I agree totally
Obama is showing his weakness. He compromised on National healthcare, he is now giving up a public option. Next he will give up mandatory coverage followed by a requirement to cover pre-existing conditions.
Democrats have the votes and they are allowing right wing fear mongering and screaming to chase him away. He needs to show leadership, ignore the republicans and force a legitimate bill through.

I agree. The hell with this bipartisanship crap. The republicans said no matter what, they would not vote yes on this bill. No matter what.

Screw em. Mr. President, use the power you have and do this.

Compromise won't work when only one is at the table. It's now (past) time for President Obama to move forward with universal health care for all Americans.
The insurance industry has for too long inserted its agents between the patient and their doctor, putting profit first and medical care a distant second.
A governmental insurance program available to all Americans can be administered more economically then the private sector. Government will not pay huge bonuses, nor need to hire salespersons, district managers, or lawyers to limit payouts.
Cost to medical providers will be reduced as their need to interact with scores of insurance companies will be reduced to one; denials will be eliminated and tort reform will become reality if independent arbitrators are hired to resolve disputes.

ahuh, bull shit ............... it's time for Obama to step down!

Just because you have been indoctrinated into one of his mindless sheep, don't expect others to follow!

My father fought long and hard against Hitler, well he is still alive and casts a vote and so do many other "real" American's!

Just because you have been indoctrinated into one of his mindless sheep, don't expect others to follow!

My father fought long and hard against Hitler, well he is still alive and casts a vote and so do many other "real" American's!

They don't think about that man... they completely ignore the fact that it would be POLITCAL SUICIDE on obama's part. But, most have come to realize that obama is nothing but a one trick pony. This is his only shot. He's gone after this. Thing is many of his dem brothers and sisters would like to get reelected, so even they are trying to tell the messiah, hey, don't do this. But, you know liberal commies, they just figure fuck the majority. We're to fucking STUPID to know what we want. They just feel they need to FORCE these things on us because THEY are the ONLY people smart enough to know what's good for EVERYBODY, even in the face of massive opposition. Yup, they're some real fart smellers I tell ya... er... I mean smart fellers... :rolleyes:

• Banned
Lycurgus,
Gee, your father fought Hitler. Along with mine and a couple of million other 'real' Americans.
I've read a couple of your posts, thoughtful is not one of your assets.

Pale Rider,
In one very short post you've provided proof of your ignorance of world history, and an inability to respond on point with anything worth consideration.

I wish they would just do the stuff they claim the people want.
They have the votes, just not the stones.

They don't think about that man... they completely ignore the fact that it would be POLITCAL SUICIDE on obama's part. But, most have come to realize that obama is nothing but a one trick pony. This is his only shot. He's gone after this. Thing is many of his dem brothers and sisters would like to get reelected, so even they are trying to tell the messiah, hey, don't do this. But, you know liberal commies, they just figure fuck the majority. We're to fucking STUPID to know what we want. They just feel they need to FORCE these things on us because THEY are the ONLY people smart enough to know what's good for EVERYBODY, even in the face of massive opposition. Yup, they're some real fart smellers I tell ya... er... I mean smart fellers... :rolleyes:

I wish Obama would just remind the republicans just how much power they don't have and just say screw em.

If the republicans were in his shoes, do you honestly think they would care what the dems said?

Screw the republicans and just do this thing. You have the power to make this change and shut these ...hitler, nazi, no born here, gay, muslim, facist blah blah name calling idiots up.

Remind them they lost big time in November and why. I bet these morons want Bush and his policy's back.

Idiots.

I agree totally
Obama is showing his weakness. He compromised on National healthcare, he is now giving up a public option. Next he will give up mandatory coverage followed by a requirement to cover pre-existing conditions.
Democrats have the votes and they are allowing right wing fear mongering and screaming to chase him away. He needs to show leadership, ignore the republicans and force a legitimate bill through.

Here is the thing. MSNBC is saying exactly the same thing. That is why I like them. They actually disagree with their guy.

I have never, ever seen Hannity ....ever....ever...critize Bush....ever!

That is the difference between Fox and MSNBC.

I agree. The hell with this bipartisanship crap. The republicans said no matter what, they would not vote yes on this bill. No matter what.

He does that, he loses in '12.

Simple.

Simple.

republicans don't have the clout

Without an alternative plan they can point to they lose the high ground. When they can only say "We opposed everything" they can't whine when the bill goes through anyway.

A republican endorsed healthcare plan is not a healthcare plan

Simple.

republicans don't have the clout

Without an alternative plan they can point to they lose the high ground. When they can only say "We opposed everything" they can't whine when the bill goes through anyway.

A republican endorsed healthcare plan is not a healthcare plan

It's not about the Republicans. It's about the voters.

BHO is not giving up a public option. Where he fooled many was that he never intended a single payer option. He let the stoopidcon hysteria build the groundswell for a two-tier option among the conservate Dems and the lib-moderate Pubs. That will pass by the end of October.

Not to sweat, gang. All will be insured within the statutory time limits of the legislation.

Yes please shove that bogus pilke of crap down America's throat. There will be veto proof Republican majorities in both houses of the US congress in less than a year.

Every other industrialized nation in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare.

It is time for us to catch up with the rest of the world.

The Republicans aren't interested in what is best for America, they are only interested in winning political points.

In the end they will lose.

Last edited:

Remind me again, which country did Teddy Kennedy go to for treatment?

Every other industrialized nation in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare.

It is time for us to catch up with the rest of the world.

The Republicans aren't interested in what is best for America, they are only interested in winning political points.

In the end they will lose.

Quick, how many of these other countries have MedMal attorneys who feast on their health care industry?

Forum List

Back