It's supposed to be the storm of the century here on the Oregon Coast..

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
I am skeptical.

The state, just in case, has closed all the waysides because you know it's the government's job to protect us from our own stupidity by preventing our access to our own property.

But the wonderful thing about living here is that one isn't dependent upon government agent "permission" to access the haunts that people in my family have been accessing since the end of the 19th century.

So I'm headed out to see what's up.

Here are pics from the last couple of days. The big wave one is Cape Disappointment, that's north of here and not my stomping grounds. The surf is supposed to double that today. The other pics are from around Heceta Head, taken by a friend yesterday.

I have some of the river mouth taken two days ago.

gott3.jpg
kristigott.jpg

cape dis.jpg

I'm inland from you Koshergirl, but even here they are acting like this will surpass the Columbus Day storm.
So far so good though. Take care down there on the coast.

I am skeptical.

The state, just in case, has closed all the waysides because you know it's the government's job to protect us from our own stupidity by preventing our access to our own property.

But the wonderful thing about living here is that one isn't dependent upon government agent "permission" to access the haunts that people in my family have been accessing since the end of the 19th century.

Here are pics from the last couple of days. The big wave one is Cape Disappointment, that's north of here and not my stomping grounds. The surf is supposed to double that today. The other pics are from around Heceta Head, taken by a friend yesterday.

View attachment 93724 View attachment 93725

View attachment 93726

Good. Maybe all the liberal assholes will get sucked out.

I am skeptical.

View attachment 93726
Just send us the moisture without the wind over here in Idaho.

WP_20161015_008.jpg
it's nothing here. A little blustery, a little wet but I've chosen to walk to work in worse. The surf is pretty agitated.

So far so good here. Unless something changes here quickly, this is nothing more than just a garden variety rainy day in western Oregon.

I am skeptical.

View attachment 93726

Those are some incredible pictures...

I am skeptical.

View attachment 93726

Those are some incredible pictures...
The first three are...they aren't mine. We live in a gorgeous place..and the world is beautiful.. The guy who took the cape disappointment photo is from a pro, I don't know him but he posted it on an Oregon coast group site. The other two are from a lady who walks around our beautiful spots all day every day and takes pictures and shares them. She spends a lot of time at Cape Creek and around the lighthouse.

Forum List

Back