Zone1 It's quite easy to see why most people end up in Hell (as Jesus said)

God promised Noah not to completely destroy this sinful world, though He no longer actively maintains it. It's not God's job to build a perfect sinful world for the sinners. Instead, God's sole job here is to save His sheep, while His sheep are told that they don't belong here as it's still a detestable realm to God, though God promised Noah to bear with it till the Final Judgment comes. That's why Satan is referred to as the god of this world, because in a realm lacking God's active maintenance, such as a hell, the most evil and the most powerful will finally rule. Satan happens to be the one.
Religion Itself Is the Spawn of Satan

Just as Communism is wrong in its founding principles, and not wrong only because of what Stalin did to it, the same basic condemnation can be applied to religion. It is not something that was perverted by evil men in charge of it, but it is a false ideal and ideal to create absolute power over people. It takes advantage of fear, slavishness, and the Death Wish.

Jesus is Truth Incarnate. We can believe every Word He said (which includes all that He has said via the Bible AND via His Church throughout the centuries, which may or may not be written down in black and white but is of course true just the same)

So Jesus said that most people end up in Hell (see Mt 7:14- and Lk 13:24 and other psgs)

And I can see why. Everywhere I look today there is nothing but selfishness, snarkyness, love of $$, lack of concern for others.. everyone going against what Jesus taught. He taught us to have charity for one another, but I don't see much charity these days.

And then there's all the perversity, sick stuff being taught in our schools. It's like our society despises children, their innocence. It's like everyone is in such a hurry to steal that innocence from them.. WHY?!

Well, I think we know why.. "People loved darkness rather than the light..."

etc
Having just looked up Mathew 7:14 and Luke 13:24 I can tell you that Jesus did not say that most people go to hell. OK, so maybe you know a lot more about going to hell than I do but my preference is that we should all accept and believe what Jesus said and not try and add things that someone thinks Jesus over looked. You said there were "other psgs", would you please be willing to share those or would you prefer to review those from Mathew and Luke?

Having just looked up Mathew 7:14 and Luke 13:24 I can tell you that Jesus did not say that most people go to hell. OK, so maybe you know a lot more about going to hell than I do but my preference is that we should all accept and believe what Jesus said and not try and add things that someone thinks Jesus over looked. You said there were "other psgs", would you please be willing to share those or would you prefer to review those from Mathew and Luke?
since you don't believe the passages I brought up, I think the answer to that is NO.

Jesus said in those psgs that the way is narrow and there are FEW who make it to Heaven

He said that many (many, meaning: Christian or so called christian) will attempt to enter Heaven but will not be strong enough.

strong enough? Many are overcome by the power of

The world, the flesh and the devil

maybe you should re-word this.. not sure what you're saying
We were made in the Father’s image but the Father God is not human. The Son was human.

Yes, God is a person. But, when we say that God is a “person,” we do not mean that He is a human being. We mean that God possesses “personality” and that He is a rational Being with self-awareness. Theologians often define person as “an individual being with a mind, emotions, and a will.” God definitely has an intellect (Psalm 139:17), emotions (Psalm 78:41), and volition (1 Corinthians 1:1). So, yes, God is a person.

Do you wrestle more with the God-ness of Jesus, or with his humanity?

That Jesus of Nazareth was truly and fully human was plain enough to those who saw and heard and touched and shared life with him (1 John 1:1). No one questioned his humanity during his ministry. What was not apparent at first, and revealed carefully and convincingly in his life and resurrection, was that he also was God.

But it wasn’t long after his ascension that questions came from the opposite direction. His closest disciples, who knew his humanity full well, worshiped him as God (Matthew 28:17), but the first generation of Christians started from a different place. They began with him as God, and tended to struggle with the fullness of his humanness. The first heresy the fledging church faced was that he wasn’t truly man (1 John 4:2; 2 John 7).

The seesaw oscillated back and forth in the early centuries of the church, and has for two thousand years. His opponents have rejected his deity, and too many of his worshipers have been slow to own the extent of his manhood. The ancient doubts about the God-man, full and perfect in his divinity and humanity, have come down to us today, even among those who call themselves his followers.

Punishment. Not hell. Read through the lists fairly. Most all of our names could easily qualify for both lists. Further, in Biblical times Jews thought of 'punishment' in terms of shedding or going down, with the purpose to once more ascend into what is right and good. We can think of the eternal shedding of that which is bad to ascend or come up to that which is good. When we go down, our eyes then must look up (ascend) to God/Jesus.
There is no hell except for the ones we make for ourselves.

since you don't believe the passages I brought up...
Look, I fully believe what the Bible says that the passages say, I just don't accept what YOU say the passages say. Like, here's the King James version of those two quotes:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Your thread title is "most people end up in Hell (as Jesus said)". Nowhere in the above passages does Jesus say "most people end up in Hell". You made that up.

It's not right to make things up about what Jesus says.

There is no hell except for the ones we make for ourselves.

I guess you'll find out some day...

A lot of people don't believe in Hell, but the ones who have seen visions of Hell say that most people there did not believe in Hell.

The other ones didn't believe they would end up there.

And Jesus said that few end up in Heaven.

Look, I fully believe what the Bible says that the passages say, I just don't accept what YOU say the passages say. Like, here's the King James version of those two quotes:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Your thread title is "most people end up in Hell (as Jesus said)". Nowhere in the above passages does Jesus say "most people end up in Hell". You made that up.

It's not right to make things up about what Jesus says.

Believe your own BS or Luther's or whomever's

I believe in Jesus and take what He said seriously. Too bad everyone doesn't. The world would be a better place

since you don't believe the passages I brought up, I think the answer to that is NO.

Jesus said in those psgs that the way is narrow and there are FEW who make it to Heaven

He said that many (many, meaning: Christian or so called christian) will attempt to enter Heaven but will not be strong enough.

strong enough? Many are overcome by the power of

The world, the flesh and the devil
The Church Is a Safe Space

You believe that because it makes you feel special and better than most other people. The authoritarian clergy are taking advantage of your need to feel that way.

if God is all powerful, why doesnt he or she just make sin impossible.......God is LOve...hell is a myth....why do you need people to be punished.....if we are not perfect....God made us that way......why do you not believe in God
There are consequences in every area of life. Why do atheists think the same wouldn't be true of how a life is lived?

Religion Itself Is the Spawn of Satan

Just as Communism is wrong in its founding principles, and not wrong only because of what Stalin did to it, the same basic condemnation can be applied to religion. It is not something that was perverted by evil men in charge of it, but it is a false ideal and ideal to create absolute power over people. It takes advantage of fear, slavishness, and the Death Wish.

you are full of it

Have you ever sincerely accepted Christ and embraced His Way?

Answer that Q, please.

The vast majority who go to hell don't believe, are casual about the rules, or don't try.

The vast majority who go to hell don't believe, are casual about the rules, or don't try.

They are liars who say they are w/o sin

The Word says that He who says he is w/o sin is a LIAR... the Truth is not in him/her

Forum List

Back