It's official: Russiagate is this generation's WMD

Who got hurt most in the Mueller investigation?

• Total voters
That's because we don't hold those accountable who we put there. Everybody wants to believe that THEIR guy isn't the problem, but it's that other guy or those other guys.

And it doesn't help when we have a politically motivated, dishonest, unethical, and irresponsible media informing most of the country.

To be honest, I think Hillary should have been locked up for her lying and e-mail debacle and Trump probably broke the law cheating those poor kids out of their money at Trump U.

But at the end of the day, the Left only wanted to smear Trump by making up the Russian thingy.

Very telling.

There is probably nobody who ever lived that has achieved considerable success in the public or business sector who didn't do something wrong, even illegal, somewhere along the way. Sometimes that will be deliberate and sometimes just an honest mistake or incompetence.

But what a person has done wrong in the past should be vetted and dealt with during a campaign. And if the information is out there and there is insufficient evidence for prosecution, and the people vote for the person anyway, then that should settle it. It should not be a dead horse to beat for the person's entire time in office.

I am getting sick and tired of the politics of personal destruction--going back months, years, decades, or however far it is necessary to find some politically incorrect comment, some infraction, some case of misjudgment, or whomever they can find or whatever they can use to accuse and disqualify a person now--at least somebody in the 'wrong' party. That is wrong. That is evil. And it is getting to the point that only Jesus Christ himself would qualify to be elected to anything and the Pharisees would have objected to that.

Once elected or appointed or hired, what a person does in the job is all that should matter. Certainly an 'infraction' based on unsupportable accusations or that harmed nobody years ago should be held against a person now and should not be legitimate to attack a person or remove him/her from his/her position.

Sure, we'll let war criminals and mass murderers remain in office...

It's up to the political party that nominates to properly vet their candidates. If they do not, it is certainly reasonable for the American people to hold them accountable for any crimes they may have committed prior to holding office.

Nobody is above the law.

If there is a CRIME yes. But hateful accusation with no proof are wrong. They are evil. They are unAmerican. And they should be condemned by all honorable and ethical people.

That's why we have investigations - to determine if accusations are true or false - dumbass!

Wait, I thought that was the basis for Comey falsely swearing out the fake FISA warrant!

I keep hearing people saying that let's hope that another president never has to go through this again. I disagree. I think one more President should have to go through exactly this . . the next Democrat President

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Tell that to someone who has had their legs blown off in Iraq.

Tell that to Clinton after the failed impeachment. The Republicans gained the House and the Senate and the White House by unsuccessfully trying to kill Clinton.
No they lost pretty bad in 1998, you really need to get your facts straight.
As for the Vet missing legs, it sucks, but mentally they are stronger, as they have challenges most of us don't face. It depends on how you handle adversity.

That's because we don't hold those accountable who we put there. Everybody wants to believe that THEIR guy isn't the problem, but it's that other guy or those other guys.

And it doesn't help when we have a politically motivated, dishonest, unethical, and irresponsible media informing most of the country.

To be honest, I think Hillary should have been locked up for her lying and e-mail debacle and Trump probably broke the law cheating those poor kids out of their money at Trump U.

But at the end of the day, the Left only wanted to smear Trump by making up the Russian thingy.

Very telling.

There is probably nobody who ever lived that has achieved considerable success in the public or business sector who didn't do something wrong, even illegal, somewhere along the way. Sometimes that will be deliberate and sometimes just an honest mistake or incompetence.

But what a person has done wrong in the past should be vetted and dealt with during a campaign. And if the information is out there and there is insufficient evidence for prosecution, and the people vote for the person anyway, then that should settle it. It should not be a dead horse to beat for the person's entire time in office.

I am getting sick and tired of the politics of personal destruction--going back months, years, decades, or however far it is necessary to find some politically incorrect comment, some infraction, some case of misjudgment, or whomever they can find or whatever they can use to accuse and disqualify a person now--at least somebody in the 'wrong' party. That is wrong. That is evil. And it is getting to the point that only Jesus Christ himself would qualify to be elected to anything and the Pharisees would have objected to that.

Once elected or appointed or hired, what a person does in the job is all that should matter. Certainly an 'infraction' based on unsupportable accusations or that harmed nobody years ago should be held against a person now and should not be legitimate to attack a person or remove him/her from his/her position.

Sure, we'll let war criminals and mass murderers remain in office...

It's up to the political party that nominates to properly vet their candidates. If they do not, it is certainly reasonable for the American people to hold them accountable for any crimes they may have committed prior to holding office.

Nobody is above the law.

If there is a CRIME yes. But hateful accusation with no proof are wrong. They are evil. They are unAmerican. And they should be condemned by all honorable and ethical people.

That's why we have investigations - to determine if accusations are true or false - dumbass!

Correct. The spin never stops.

I keep hearing people saying that let's hope that another president never has to go through this again. I disagree. I think one more President should have to go through exactly this . . the next Democrat President

While I appreciate the sentiment, and can understand it, I say no. Enough.

Let the honorable, ethical, patriotic people of the country stand up and say no more politics off personal destruction. If you can't beat the person in the election, then once he/she is in office, support what you can and criticize the POLICY or VOTE when warranted. But no more trying to destroy people just because they are in the 'wrong' party.

Somebody has to be different before anything will ever be different. Doing it to them because they did it to us has accomplished nothing other than hate, anger, hurt, and divisiveness. And the "he started it" or "they did it first" is a really childish way to justify bad behavior.

But hateful accusation with no proof are wrong. They are evil. They are unAmerican.

So calling some a criminal who should be in jail who has not even been charged with a crime is what? Normal politics? Sound an awful lot like President Trumpybear's Standard Mode of Operation.

But hateful accusation with no proof are wrong. They are evil. They are unAmerican.

So calling some a criminal who should be in jail who has not even been charged with a crime is what? Normal politics? Sound an awful lot like President Trumpybear's Standard Mode of Operation.

As I said. Haters are going to hate however vague, obfusicating, malicious, irresponsible, or dishonest they are. Have a great afternoon.

Trump opposed the Iraq war as a private citizen. Russia did interfere with the election but did NOT help Trump as has been determined by the IG's investigation, the FBI, Congressional hearings, and the Mueller investigation.

"The Special Counsel found that Russian government actors successfully hacked into computers and obtained emails from persons affiliated with the Clinton campaign and Democratic Party organizations, and publicly disseminated those materials through various intermediaries, including WikiLeaks. Based on these activities, the Special Counsel brought criminal charges against a number of Russian military officers for conspiring to hack into computers in the United States for purposes of influencing the election.

You and all the others who have spewed disinformation re the President for the past two years owe him and the American people an apology.

You claimed it was this generations WMD. I don't believe it is and I listed why I think so.

"Birther" Donnie? Owed and apology for disinformation.

Good one. Got me. Hahahahaha.....

I claimed nothing of the sort. You didn't even read the article the OP is based on did you. Apparently you didn't read the OP at all.

Fine. Whoever made the claim you cited. Matt whatshisname? It is a false equivalence. It's not even close.

Trump opposed the Iraq war as a private citizen. Russia did interfere with the election but did NOT help Trump as has been determined by the IG's investigation, the FBI, Congressional hearings, and the Mueller investigation.

"The Special Counsel found that Russian government actors successfully hacked into computers and obtained emails from persons affiliated with the Clinton campaign and Democratic Party organizations, and publicly disseminated those materials through various intermediaries, including WikiLeaks. Based on these activities, the Special Counsel brought criminal charges against a number of Russian military officers for conspiring to hack into computers in the United States for purposes of influencing the election.

You and all the others who have spewed disinformation re the President for the past two years owe him and the American people an apology.

You claimed it was this generations WMD. I don't believe it is and I listed why I think so.

I claimed nothing of the sort. You didn't even read the article the OP is based on did you. Apparently you didn't read the OP at all.

Fine. Whoever made the claim you cited. Matt whatshisname? It is a false equivalence. It's not even close.

If you didn't read it, how do you know? Specifically what did he say that is false? How is the metaphor in error?

As I said. Haters are going to hate however vague, obfusicating, malicious, irresponsible, or dishonest they are. Have a great afternoon.

How is calling someone who hasn't been charged with a crime a criminal who should be in jail, not malicious, dishonest or hateful? How about commenting on a woman looks? Was "Who could vote for a face like that?" not malicious or hateful?

How is calling someone who hasn't been charged with a crime a criminal who should be in jail, not malicious, dishonest or hateful? How about commenting on a woman looks? Was "Who could vote for a face like that?" not malicious or hateful?

And that relates to the OP how?

If you didn't read it, how do you know? Specifically what did he say that is false? How is the metaphor in error?

You're the one who said I didn't read it, not me. 17 years ago all the major media outlets worked hand in hand with the US Government to push a narrative that would eventually lead to the destructive war on Iraq. In Trumps case he declared war on the Media (except you know who) very early on and they fought back. It did not lead to a destructive war.

It was in response to your statement ".. hateful accusation with no proof are wrong. They are evil ...."

You're the one who said I didn't read it, not me. 17 years ago all the major media outlets worked hand in hand with the US Government to push a narrative that would eventually lead to the destructive war on Iraq. In Trumps case he declared war on the Media (except you know who) very early on and they fought back. It did not lead to a destructive war.

You got that backwards.

It was in response to your statement ".. hateful accusation with no proof are wrong. They are evil ...."

Personal insults are not cool and I will not appreciate them in any case regardless of whether they are or are not warranted, but telling an ugly woman that she is ugly is unkind and hurtful, but may not necessarily be untrue.

But that has nothing to do with the OP or anything I have posted. So I would very much appreciate you focusing on the OP and not bringing in a lot of red herrings and straw men. Okay?

It's official: Russiagate is this generation's WMD

<<snip>>

So what do you think? Who got hurt the most in this Mueller investigation?

President Trump?
President Trump's family?
The Republicans?
The Democrats?
All the people sucked into the investigation?
The Media?
The American people?
None of the above?
Or none of the options fit so I'll explain it in my post:

To answer the questions I pose here, I will say that the Mueller investigation, whether it was right or wrong in the first place, and regardless of the outcome, has been a hurtful process for pretty much everybody. Some by their own doing. And some almost certainly inadvertently and innocently. And the two Americans who may have committed actual crimes, all but one of those crimes have absolutely nothing to do with President Trump and/or his campaign.

And re the one that might possibly involve the president, i.e. alleged illegal use of campaign funds, Michael Cohen is on the record in a highly public congressional hearing, that he did this at his own volition and not at the request or order of the President. And he said this after a very impassioned statement berating the President in very harsh terms and that he owed no loyalty to the President.

Meanwhile, President Trump was harmed grievously by the Mueller investigation via the nonstop dishonest press mischaracterizing, misstating, and extrapolating it into totally dishonest images repeating and Trump haters via talking heads on television, in social media, on message boards repeating that over and over until he was less effective getting his message out and/or getting the truth to the American people. Evenso, he has managed to accomplish a great many good things in his first two years in offfice.

President Trump's family has been maliciously, dishonestly, and hatefully accused in the same way and have managed to retain a good deal off dignity and grace in spite of it. But if you think this has not been destructive and hurtful for them, you have no heart and no common sense.

The Republicans have been hurt, mostly because of their own fecklessness and decisions to not support the damaged President, mostly in the House where principles and integrity were dismissed in favor of misguided political expediency. And I personally believe it was THAT which cost them their majority in the House. It could have happened in the Senate too, but the American people knew how critical it is for the President to have the Senate to get his appointments through.

The Democrats have been hurt by throwing their principles and integrity out the window and showing how politically and personally motivated they really are, and how much they care about power and revenge while caring not at all for the welfare of the country and the American people.

The Americans sucked into the investigation had their names and reputations dragged through the mud, were destroyed financially, and will never have their normal lives back. And with the exception of maybe two, none of them committed any real crime.

The Media that threw journalism, principles, integrity, honesty, and ethics out the window in their zeal to destroy a sitting President of the United States. Maybe the OP is right that they have metaphorically castrated themselves, but alas, some will continue to play to those who don't CARE whether it is fake news so long as it is something they want to believe.

The American people who have been subjected to so much distortion, so many lies, so much dishonesty by the media that so misrepresented the truth of pretty much everything as well as divide the country into warring factions denied so much information about the good that is happening and the what still needs to be done. For this the blame rests squarely on those in the MSM, the left, and social media/message boards that used the Mueller investigation to reinforce their hateful vitriol.

And will everybody now set all this aside and attempt to restore some sense of normalcy, honesty, and integrity to the process?

Apparent not a chance.
Hard for me to believe that the American people are going to sit by and let the Demon-crats go any further with the witch Hunt. I mean you are flat out kidding me right ?

Who authorizes the money to fund such idiocy ??? If they attempt to tap the taxpayers coffers any more, then it should be stopped in it's tracks. Nadler is a political hack with an agenda that shouldn't be allowed to get any traction at all.

Counter investigations in order to get justice for this farce or coup should be the only thing going forward now. Talk about petulant children these Demon-crats are. Good grief.

Personal insults are not cool and I will not appreciate them in any case regardless of whether they are or are not warranted, but telling an ugly woman that she is ugly is unkind and hurtful, but may not necessarily be untrue.

But that has nothing to do with the OP or anything I have posted. So I would very much appreciate you focusing on the OP and not bringing in a lot of red herrings and straw men. Okay?

I agree personal insults are not cool. I have only responded to what you have posted.

IMO, it is not like the presses response to the call to war by President Bush.

Vladimir Putin is way too smart to collude with a retard like Trump. Trump would have been tweeting minute-by-minute updates of his collusion.

Not that Trump did not desperately want to collude with Russia. He most assuredly wanted to.

"Russia, if you're listening..."

I still do not understand why that isn't enough the remove Trump from office.
Because he was mocking the media, and you too chunkheads are too humorless to recognize it.

Forum List

Back