It's NOT Vietnam

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
But this asshat is from that era, actually he was one of the reasons it was such a mess, now he's trying to give directions? :death:

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBLYX9H46E.html

Former Defense Secretary Derides 'illegal' Nuclear Policies

By Justin M. Norton Associated Press Writer
Published: Mar 9, 2005

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Former defense secretary Robert McNamara said Wednesday the United States and global nuclear powers haven't adhered to nonproliferation treaties and have done little to reduce nuclear arsenals following the end of the Cold War.
Speaking about U.S. and NATO nuclear policies at the World Affairs Council, the Vietnam-era defense secretary said the United States and other nuclear powers like Russia and China have pursued policies that are "illegal and immoral."

"A decade after the Cold War, the basic U.S. nuclear policy has not been changed," said McNamara, 88, adding that he believed "every leader of a nuclear power should be present at a detonation."

The remarks come as the Bush administration grapples with the nuclear ambitions of Iran and North Korea. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is expected to discuss North Korea during an upcoming trip to South Korea followed by visits to India, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

China is heading stalled six-way talks to deter North Korea from building a nuclear weapon. North Korea has refused to return to the talks for now.

McNamara said the United States has continued to pursue an aggressive nuclear policy, including plans to update or enhance existing nuclear weapons and construct devices like "bunker busters" and "mini-nukes." He added that Russia still has scores of nuclear weapons pointed at the United States, many with antiquated operating systems.

"We have absolutely got to get rid of these weapons or reduce them to the degree that there is no chance of destroying nations," he said.

McNamara added that the threat of terrorists using a nuclear device could be reduced if the United States in particular tried to understand terrorists' anger and motivations.

McNamara served as defense secretary in both the Kennedy and Johnson administrations - he resigned as Johnson's defense secretary as public opposition rose to the Vietnam War - and was also president of the Ford Motor Co. and the World Bank.

Recently featured in the film "The Fog of War," McNamara was a prominent figure in the foundation of early U.S. nuclear weapons strategy. He was later criticized for his role in Vietnam by both veterans and the anti-war movement.

It's not Grenada! Ronald Raygun was able to overthrow a government which had just overthrown the Maurice Bishop government that Reagan had opposed!

The man was as smart as a Bush or shrub.

Now George Bush junior has overthrown a government in Iraq that opposed Osama bin Ladin in order to fight bin Ladin in Iraq where his followers hadn't been before!

What can I say? The man is brilliant. Osama must be his biggest fan.

What's Bush going to do for an encore? Perhaps propose "fixing" Social Security? Yikes! Hang on to your wallets and lock the doors!

Would you want that man handling your bank accounts?

Itsthetruth said:
It's not Grenada! Ronald Raygun was able to overthrow a government which had just overthrown the Maurice Bishop government that Reagan had opposed!

Now George Bush junior has overthrown a government in Iraq that opposed Osama bin Ladin in order to fight bin Ladin in Iraq where his followers hadn't been before!

What's Bush going to do for an encore? Perhaps propose "fixing" Social Security? Yikes! Hang on to your wallets and lock the doors!

is the choice between him and you? he has millions and is president....how you doing?

manu1959 said:
is the choice between him and you? he has millions and is president....how you doing?

Kenneth Lay and other corporate thieves also have millions. What's your point? I suppose we should follow their lead and steal money from the treasury and general public.

Cheney's doing much better than Bush. He also makes money the old fashioned way. He steals it! Raid the treasury via government handouts and contracts to his old corporate buddies. Think he's getting any kickbacks? Sorry. That's like asking the question "Do fish swim?".

Perhaps we should just make out our checks to Bush's corporate friends and avoid the middle man, the IRS.

Itsthetruth said:

When did Saddam Hussein say he was against Osama? If your hinting that he would have been any help,I think we both know your wrong. And YOU are going to insult Ronals Reagan,lame! I guess things would have been better if he would have just let communism go unopposed.

krisy said:
When did Saddam Hussein say he was against Osama? If your hinting that he would have been any help,I think we both know your wrong. And YOU are going to insult Ronals Reagan,lame! I guess things would have been better if he would have just let communism go unopposed.

Exactly what i was wondering. I mean Osama was out there supporting Saddam on his videos. Saddam was harboring Al Queda agents as we've shown many time on the board. i mean how many times do we have to prove something before the left admits they were wrong about it.

krisy said:

Osama bin Ladin called for the overthrow of the Iraqi regime because they were not a right-wing fundamentalist Islamic government. It was a secular regime. And Osama's outfit was not permitted to operate in those areas of Iraq that were fimly under the control of Sadam's government.

There was hardly any love lost between Sadam and Osama. Everyone informed person knows that.

And Ronald Raygun. Raygun claimed he just didn't know what in the hell was going on in his government .... for example, the trading guns for hostages deal. Perhaps he didn't! But, that invasion of Grenada was a real master stroke! I guess he just didn't know that the government he wanted to overthrow (Maurice Bishop) had already been overthrown before a single GI had hit the beaches!

Sir Evil said:
The worm returns! call me out and you better stick to it boy, get on it or take a hike! :mad:

You have no opinion on what is being discussed in this string?

Itsthetruth said:
Osama bin Ladin called for the overthrow of the Iraqi regime because they were not a right-wing fundamentalist Islamic government. It was a secular regime. And Osama's outfit was not permitted to operate in those areas of Iraq that were fimly under the control of Sadam's government.

There was hardly any love lost between Sadam and Osama. Everyone informed person knows that.

And Ronald Raygun. Raygun claimed he just didn't know what in the hell was going on in his government .... for example, the trading guns for hostages deal. Perhaps he didn't! But, that invasion of Grenada was a real master stroke! I guess he just didn't know that the government he wanted to overthrow (Maurice Bishop) had already been overthrown before a single GI had hit the beaches!

Don't insinuate that I am uninformed. Your argument is silly. Btween the U.S. and Iraq,I think we all know whose side Osama was on-whether he liked Saddam or didn't. So I'm guessing your for the oppression of millions of people then,and don't like the freedom the U.S. has given to the Iraqi people-eh?

Itsthetruth said:

Where in the f#@k do you get your information from? Do you just sit around and try to think up the most absurd shit you can, then post it!

Here try reading this, maybe you might have a few brain cells left to comprehend, if not well I guess all I can say is go smoke another one!

OSAMA BIN LADEN and Saddam Hussein had an operational relationship from the early 1990s to 2003 that involved training in explosives and weapons of mass destruction, logistical support for terrorist attacks, al Qaeda training camps and safe haven in Iraq, and Iraqi financial support for al Qaeda--perhaps even for Mohamed Atta--according to a top secret U.S. government memorandum obtained by THE WEEKLY STANDARD.

4. According to a May 2003 debriefing of a senior Iraqi intelligence officer, Iraqi intelligence established a highly secretive relationship with Egyptian Islamic Jihad, and later with al Qaeda. The first meeting in 1992 between the Iraqi Intelligence Service (IIS) and al Qaeda was brokered by al-Turabi. Former IIS deputy director Faruq Hijazi and senior al Qaeda leader [Ayman al] Zawahiri were at the meeting--the first of several between 1992 and 1995 in Sudan. Additional meetings between Iraqi intelligence and al Qaeda were held in Pakistan. Members of al Qaeda would sometimes visit Baghdad where they would meet the Iraqi intelligence chief in a safe house. The report claimed that Saddam insisted the relationship with al Qaeda be kept secret. After 9-11, the source said Saddam made a personnel change in the IIS for fear the relationship would come under scrutiny from foreign probes.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/003/378fmxyz.asp

Itsthetruth's fact-finding and debating skills are prime examples of the intellectual atrophy fostered by boards like DU. While anyone even hinting at unorthodoxy is banned at DU's gate, the most preposterous, unfounded tripe passes as regular discourse - unchallenged, reinforced, and further weakening a herd that was stumbling about on spindly legs to begin with.

At USMB, you'd better be able to back up what you say, even if the majority are in agreement with you. Try to throw bullshit around here, and someone will call "bullshit" on you before you can turn around. The level of debate is high, and we police ourselves mercilessly for accuracy.

Come to think of it, DU vs. USMB is kind of like the LMM vs. the blogosphere in microcosm!

musicman said:
Itsthetruth's fact-finding and debating skills are prime examples of the intellectual atrophy fostered by boards like DU. While anyone even hinting at unorthodoxy is banned at DU's gate, the most preposterous, unfounded tripe passes as regular discourse - unchallenged, reinforced, and further weakening a herd that was stumbling about on spindly legs to begin with.

At USMB, you'd better be able to back up what you say, even if the majority are in agreement with you. Try to throw bullshit around here, and someone will call "bullshit" on you before you can turn around. The level of debate is high, and we police ourselves mercilessly for accuracy.

Come to think of it, DU vs. USMB is kind of like the LMM vs. the blogosphere in microcosm!

Well Said MM! :mm:

Sir Evil said:
Why would I?

Since you don't have an opinion you'd like to share with everyone on the subject matter why in the world are you posting in this string? That just doesn't make any sense.

Itsthetruth said:
Since you don't have an opinion you'd like to share with everyone on the subject matter why in the world are you posting in this string? That just doesn't make any sense.
Because he can

Sir Evil said:
Look little guy, this is my board and I can pretty much post wherever I like! You have yet to create a thread of credibility or accept my challenge to debate. Calle me out and you better be ready, don't waste my time.
That's why he can.... :clap:

Itsthetruth said:

Here let me see if I can spell it out for you E-V-I-L , weren't you ever taught not to play with Evil! You will always lose! Have a nice day! :p:

Forum List

Back