It's No Wonder Liberals Are Always Complain About the Rich

You mean kinda how teachers unions have destroyed some states, like New Jersey? Their union deals and pensions are bankrupting states. Conservatives can say anything they want, but only power and the teachers themselves can destroy a school.

Our schools are hell holes for 2 reasons, and 2 reasons ONLY:

1- We took God out of school
2- Scumbag trial lawyers

There is the root of our failing school system.

And liberals need to stop being so greedy: RealClearPolitics - Articles - Conservatives More Liberal Givers
Wow, you got unions, atheists and trial lawyers as scapegoats. Maybe you can get Hollywood and activist judges worked in there too. :rofl:

Having worked within the legal profession for nearly 30 years, I can almost guarantee that lawyers are pretty much split between conservative and liberal. I really don't know where they suddenly got this horrible rap that they are all bottom feeding liberals. In fact, once the ABA rules allowed advertising, I found it was the conservative law firms who couldn't wait to get a big splashy ad in the Yellow Pages and the ambulance chasers drifted away from the big conservative firms to form their own PI firms so they didn't need to do any pro bono work anymore.

over 80% of political contributions from trial lawyers went to democrats in 2008.

BALONEY!

Just as CON$ pretend to be wealthier than Libs, they pretend to be more religious too.
CON$ are ChINOs, Christians In Name Only, for political purposes only.

what political purpose does it serve to "pretend" to be a christian?

Huge voting blocs because they are easily manipulated by wedge issues, such as abortion. Karl Rove set about in 2003 with a political strategy to win over white evangelical Christians, and it worked like a charm. The mega churches began preaching damaging political rhetoric against the evil Democrats (particularly the 'traitor' John Kerry), and some even had derogatory messages printed in their weekly programs.

WHITE EVANGELICAL/BORN-AGAIN?

BUSH
78%

KERRY
21%

CNN.com Election 2004

the point i was making, and may have done a poor job, was that the religious tend to be more conservative and vote republican. this was in the context that the religious give more time and money to charity than do non-religious. edthecynic seemed to be arguing that it's a myth that religious tend to vote more republican than democrat.

i didn't clearly make my poiont by asking the question, how does it benefit someone to pretend to be christian.

lol.. I always find it really funny when i read some ignorant yutz saying 'liberals are jealous of the rich'.

then in the next breath, they say the elitist liberals have no idea what it's like for 'we the people'.

i'd suggest you make up your mind.

i'd also suggest you look into who constitutes 'the right'... since most of you are white working class.

but keep lying. it's cool.

and feel free to let bill gates and warren buffet know that they hate rich people.

so what you're saying is the right is made up of the working class?
i thought the right was only concerned with giving tax cuts to the wealthy?

The working class right believes the concept that the more the wealthy have to spend, they will gladly "trickle down" some to you and thereby keep you happy too. How's that been workin' out lately?

i believe the more the wealthy have earned, the more they should keep. what they do with it is up to them. so the middle class right believes in hand-outs from the rich, adn the lower class left believes in hand outs from the government (supplied by the rich)?

ChINOs ignore the verse you cite and quote Leviticus. CON$ are the most judgmental people on Earth, thus they earn the title ChINO.

yes, liberals are the most tolerant people on earth.

unless of course, you disagree with them.
then you are a hate mongering homophobic racist bigot

As a noob here, you're jumping the gun on your conclusions. At least on this message board, there are literally hundreds of opinions from the right that have nothing to do with homosexuality nor race, nor are they countered with that allegation.

I'm beginning to smell a sock puppet. Someone else used to pose the same question over and over again, even though it was answered over and over again, and adeptly take a statement and twist it over and over again without making any substantial comment of their own. This person also eventually revealed his/her true nature. So who is your alter, cad?

well am i bipolar, but as far as i can remember, i've never posted anything on this board under another name.

gay rights groups are organizing a boycott against target (i believe in minnesota) because target donated 250k to the republican nominee for governor. why the boycott? the governor believes marriage should be between a man and a woman.

The graduate with a Science degree asks, "Why does it work?"

The graduate with an Engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"

The graduate with an Accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost?"

The graduate with a Liberal Arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?"

Paramedic or Nurse with a measly technical certification and almost nothing of a salary says, "no need to thank me, I save lives everyday"

Doctor with a masters degree and makes millions says "you owe me 500 bucks for that 10 minute office visit where I told to you things you already knew, and you also owe me another couple hundred for the thirty minutes you sat in the waiting room, here is your prescription".

:clap2:

Ain't that the truth. Go a few rungs lower, and it's the nurses aids and orderlies who do all the shit work, for shitty salaries.

so salaries should be based on how shitty one's job is?

i believe the more the wealthy have earned, the more they should keep.

But... not the middle and lower classes. They have to pony up because of this weird obsession with coddling the uber wealthy? That makes sense... I'm sorry, that sentence is retarded and exactly what is wrong with this dumb country.

You don't consider these people at all valuable? Really?

where did i say that?

i work in a restaurant. i consider the dishwasher to be very valuable. if he were to walk off the job in the middle of a rush, the restaurant would be fucked.

does that mean he should earn anywhere near what the grillman makes? hell no.

Wow, you got unions, atheists and trial lawyers as scapegoats. Maybe you can get Hollywood and activist judges worked in there too. :rofl:

Having worked within the legal profession for nearly 30 years, I can almost guarantee that lawyers are pretty much split between conservative and liberal. I really don't know where they suddenly got this horrible rap that they are all bottom feeding liberals. In fact, once the ABA rules allowed advertising, I found it was the conservative law firms who couldn't wait to get a big splashy ad in the Yellow Pages and the ambulance chasers drifted away from the big conservative firms to form their own PI firms so they didn't need to do any pro bono work anymore.

over 80% of political contributions from trial lawyers went to democrats in 2008.

Which means squat. A larger percentage of Wall Street doners also gave to Democrats, as did PAC money. Most everyone knew the Democrats would win the election so everyone got in line, which they will do for whichever party will rule.

i believe the more the wealthy have earned, the more they should keep.

But... not the middle and lower classes. They have to pony up because of this weird obsession with coddling the uber wealthy? That makes sense... I'm sorry, that sentence is retarded and exactly what is wrong with this dumb country.

the middle and lower class should keep more of what they've earned as well.

as far as i can tell, the lower class doesn't pay much in taxes. as far as i can tell, they paid less under bush than they did under clinton.

i recognize that i did word that sentence poorly.

i'm not arguing that your taxes should go down the more you make. they just shoudln't go up.

so what you're saying is the right is made up of the working class?
i thought the right was only concerned with giving tax cuts to the wealthy?

The working class right believes the concept that the more the wealthy have to spend, they will gladly "trickle down" some to you and thereby keep you happy too. How's that been workin' out lately?

i believe the more the wealthy have earned, the more they should keep. what they do with it is up to them. so the middle class right believes in hand-outs from the rich, adn the lower class left believes in hand outs from the government (supplied by the rich)?

No, I think the wealthy who own enough money to control the economy should step up to the plate and put their money back into businesses and employees who keep those businesses running, without whom, the CEO fat cats wouldn't have any money to pocket for themselves in the first place.

Which means squat. A larger percentage of Wall Street doners also gave to Democrats, as did PAC money. Most everyone knew the Democrats would win the election so everyone got in line, which they will do for whichever party will rule.

ok, show me which election cycle trial lawyers gave 80% to republicans.

i'm not disagreeing with your assertion that lawyers are probably 50/50 dem/rep.
the post you were responding to specifically said trial lawyers.
i was simply pointing out how trial lawyers voted by way of their checkbook.

No, I think the wealthy who own enough money to control the economy should step up to the plate and put their money back into businesses and employees who keep those businesses running, without whom, the CEO fat cats wouldn't have any money to pocket for themselves in the first place.

so you are for telling companies what to do with their profits?

i'm curious, how does one become a CEO fat cat?

Paramedic or Nurse with a measly technical certification and almost nothing of a salary says, "no need to thank me, I save lives everyday"

Doctor with a masters degree and makes millions says "you owe me 500 bucks for that 10 minute office visit where I told to you things you already knew, and you also owe me another couple hundred for the thirty minutes you sat in the waiting room, here is your prescription".

:clap2:

Ain't that the truth. Go a few rungs lower, and it's the nurses aids and orderlies who do all the shit work, for shitty salaries.

Oh please. Try not to ask such stupid questions, and I'll try not to accuse you of being a sock puppet.

Work should be paid fairly based on the level of difficulty within that working environment. I wouldn't expect a nurse's aid salary to be based on an expectation that she might be expected to perform brain surgery some day, but I also think she should be paid more than someone who just cleans toilets.

as far as i can tell, the lower class doesn't pay much in taxes.

Yeah, they only get eaten alive by payroll taxes.

that's why instead of this spending billions on bridges to nowhere, window replacements and turtle bridges, obama should have enacted a one-year payroll tax holiday to stimulate the economy.

should the lower class have to pay any taxes?

as far as i can tell, the lower class doesn't pay much in taxes.

that's why instead of this spending billions on bridges to nowhere, window replacements and turtle bridges, obama should have enacted a one-year payroll tax holiday to stimulate the economy.

WOW! We might almost have something we can agree on.

What I have suggested many times on many threads that we do to stimulate the economy and create AMERICAN jobs is to REPLACE each of Bush's tax cuts when they expire, DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR, with a cut in the job killing payroll taxes.
This would give the American wage earner an immediate increase in take home pay to spend on a regular basis without costing the employer a single penny thus stimulating demand, and the businesses that employ Americans would have an immediate cut in the cost of labor without downsizing or outsourcing a single American job as well as saving the cost of compliance. The businesses that employ the most AMERICANS will get the most benefit from the tax cuts, exactly the group of people you would want to benefit most from tax cuts.

Can you agree with my tax substitution stimulus?

Last edited:

WOW! We might almost have something we can agree on.

What I have suggested many times on many threads that we do to stimulate the economy and create AMERICAN jobs is to REPLACE each of Bush's tax cuts when they expire, DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR, with a cut in the job killing payroll taxes.
This would give the American wage earner an immediate increase in take home pay to spend on a regular basis without costing the employer a single penny thus stimulating demand, and the businesses that employ Americans would have an immediate cut in the cost of labor without downsizing or outsourcing a single American job as well as saving the cost of compliance. The businesses that employ the most AMERICANS will get the most benefit from the tax cuts, exactly the group of people you would want to benefit most from tax cuts.

Can you agree with my tax substitution stimulus?

giddyup!!

it's funny, i listen to quite a bit of talk radio, mostly michael medved and dennis prager. they consistently talked up this idea of a payroll tax holiday.

why didn't it happen?

who would it have harmed?

Last edited:
Very clever, but dumb just the same. A liberal arts degree prepares a student for a plethora of potential endeavors, without restricting to only a few within a select discipline which often require FURTHER education.

liberal arts -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia
college or university curriculum aimed at imparting general knowledge and developing general intellectual capacities in contrast to a professional, vocational, or technical curriculum. In the medieval European university the seven liberal arts were grammar, rhetoric, and logic (the trivium) and geometry, arithmetic, music, and astronomy (the quadrivium). In modern colleges and universities the liberal arts include the study of literature, languages, philosophy, history, mathematics, and science as the basis of a general, or liberal, education. Sometimes the liberal-arts curriculum is described as comprehending study of three main branches of knowledge: the humanities (literature, language, philosophy, the fine arts, and history), the physical and biological sciences and mathematics, and the social sciences.

Is it the "liberal" part that is so troubling to you? Before the word "liberal" became demonized by the far right, it was a word meaning all-encompassing. Still is, last I looked.
It's a darn shame liberalism has nothing to do with liberty anymore, as it used to. Perhaps when you got away from liberty and started advocating more and more government control over individual lives is when the term "liberal" lost its happy glow.

Forum List

Back