It's No Wonder Liberals Are Always Complain About the Rich

If you're going to complain about the rich, complain about the TRULY rich, who do NOT pay ANY taxes in any way, shape, or form whatsoever.

The graduate with a Science degree asks, "Why does it work?"

The graduate with an Engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"

The graduate with an Accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost?"

The graduate with a Liberal Arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?"

Actually, for liberal arts, it's more like.......what song do you want me to write, who's portrait would you like me to paint, or what would you like for dinner (from a chef)?

All those jobs pay extremely well.

what country are you living in?

Ever seen the paycheck of a chef who graduated from the culinary college in Providence.

I have. It ain't chicken feed, and I live in America.

Matter of fact, had several friends that worked on the pier at Newport RI.

Also had one that worked at the Newport Country Club as a wine server.

Both of them drove VERY nice cars and made pretty decent cash, about twice what I was making as a First Class in the Navy.

During that time, I netted about 37,500/yr.

Actually, for liberal arts, it's more like.......what song do you want me to write, who's portrait would you like me to paint, or what would you like for dinner (from a chef)?

Ever seen the paycheck of a chef who graduated from the culinary college in Providence.

Both of them drove VERY nice cars and made pretty decent cash, about twice what I was making as a First Class in the Navy.

i actually graduated from culinary school.

i've seen the paychecks of lots of people with culinary degrees.

very few of them pay "extremely well"

can you make good money in food industry? absolutley, but you sure as hell don't need a $40k culinary degree in order to do it. found that out the hard way.

i've worked at restaurants where servers pulled in 55k. they didn't need to go to college to do that.

Look at the top 20 worst paying jobs and wouldn't you agree that it's mostly liberals who are in these jobs. Education, Art, Music, etc...

When you go to college you have a choice to make... Taking a path that will lead you to a high paying job, or taking a path to a low paying job. It looks like liberals tend to take the low paying job path and after they realize that they are not making any money (because of their decision) they take it out on the people who took the well paying job path.:cuckoo:

20-worst-paying-college-degrees-in-2010: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

This is truly a sad commentary on where the last 30 years of conservative dominated policies and attitudes have driven this nation.

Without teachers NO ONE will succeed. No human being is born with intrinsic intelligence. We are all taught.

The attitudes of conservatives towards academia and teachers has been destructive and corrosive to our society. America was once number one in education, we held teachers in high regard. Now we have fallen far behind the rest of the world. Conservative's bashing of teachers and busting unions has built nothing...it only tears down and destroys.

It reminds me of Robert Frost's hired man, the fate of having "nothing to look backward to with pride, and nothing to look forward to with hope."

You mean kinda how teachers unions have destroyed some states, like New Jersey? Their union deals and pensions are bankrupting states. Conservatives can say anything they want, but only power and the teachers themselves can destroy a school.

Our schools are hell holes for 2 reasons, and 2 reasons ONLY:

1- We took God out of school
2- Scumbag trial lawyers

There is the root of our failing school system.

And liberals need to stop being so greedy: RealClearPolitics - Articles - Conservatives More Liberal Givers
Wow, you got unions, atheists and trial lawyers as scapegoats. Maybe you can get Hollywood and activist judges worked in there too. :rofl:

Paramedic or Nurse with a measly technical certification and almost nothing of a salary says, "no need to thank me, I save lives everyday"

Doctor with a masters degree and makes millions says "you owe me 500 bucks for that 10 minute office visit where I told to you things you already knew, and you also owe me another couple hundred for the thirty minutes you sat in the waiting room, here is your prescription".

Last edited:

and the rich republicans you complain about made it possible for ya. oh the irony!

Paramedic or Nurse with a measly technical certification and almost nothing of a salary says, "no need to thank me, I save lives everyday"

Doctor with a masters degree and makes millions says "you owe me 500 bucks for that 10 minute office visit where I told to you things you already knew, and you also owe me another couple hundred for the thirty minutes you sat in the waiting room, here is your prescription".

is that the same doctor that ordered the poor kids tonsils out when he didn't need to? the one obama was talking about?
bastard.

Dunno about paramedics, but nurses make pretty good money.

Look at the top 20 worst paying jobs and wouldn't you agree that it's mostly liberals who are in these jobs. Education, Art, Music, etc...

When you go to college you have a choice to make... Taking a path that will lead you to a high paying job, or taking a path to a low paying job. It looks like liberals tend to take the low paying job path and after they realize that they are not making any money (because of their decision) they take it out on the people who took the well paying job path.:cuckoo:

20-worst-paying-college-degrees-in-2010: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

This is truly a sad commentary on where the last 30 years of conservative dominated policies and attitudes have driven this nation.

Without teachers NO ONE will succeed. No human being is born with intrinsic intelligence. We are all taught.

The attitudes of conservatives towards academia and teachers has been destructive and corrosive to our society. America was once number one in education, we held teachers in high regard. Now we have fallen far behind the rest of the world. Conservative's bashing of teachers and busting unions has built nothing...it only tears down and destroys.

It reminds me of Robert Frost's hired man, the fate of having "nothing to look backward to with pride, and nothing to look forward to with hope."

You mean kinda how teachers unions have destroyed some states, like New Jersey? Their union deals and pensions are bankrupting states. Conservatives can say anything they want, but only power and the teachers themselves can destroy a school.

2- Scumbag trial lawyers

And liberals need to stop being so greedy: RealClearPolitics - Articles - Conservatives More Liberal Givers

I attended public schools in the 50's and 60's when 'God' was still 'in' school. There was never ANY teaching OF religion.

Let's look at the best rated education system in the world...

Why Finnish Educational System Is the World’s No. 1

Two hours drive due north from Helsinki lies the Artic Circle. But in this town of 120,000 people one not only feels the bitter cold but also the white heat of the technological revolution.

Here are the principal research and development offices of Nokia. There are 800 other high tech companies, some overflowing their expertise into neighboring Russia where they see the future “beckoning”, in the words of Pertti Huuskonen, the boss of Technopolis, which is just building a big facility close to St. Petersburg airport. There are probably more Ph.D.s per square meter in this compact old paper-milling town than anywhere else on earth.

This astonishing intellectual creation can be laid at the feet of the Finnish educational system, considered by all who survey it, including the OECD, as possessing the best school system in the world. Finland is also reckoned to be in the top three of the world’s most competitive countries.

Why? Prime Minister, Matti Vanhanen reduces the explanation to one pithy observation. “The teachers are respected; high talent is attracted into teaching; it is considered to be one of the most important professions”, he told me.

Schools Matter: The Finns Finish First Without High Stakes Testing

thisisFINLAND: Facts: Education & research

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Conservatives More Liberal Givers

FYI:

THE Arthur Brooks study

Arthur Brooks writes: "When it comes to giving or not giving, conservatives and liberals look a lot alike. Conservative people are a percentage point or two more likely to give money each year than liberal people, but a percentage point or so less likely to volunteer [citing the 2002 General Social Survey (GSS) and the 2000 Social Capital Community Benchmark Survey (SCCBS)]". (pp. 21-22)

So, according to THE Arthur Brooks study: conservatives believe in the giving of mammon (money) and liberals believe in the giving of themselves.

How far we've fallen in a such a relatively short time in America.

Remarks at Amherst College

President John F. Kennedy
Amherst, Massachusetts
October 26, 1963

Robert Frost said:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

I hope that road will not be the less traveled by, and I hope your commitment to the Great Republic's interest in the years to come will be worthy of your long inheritance since your beginning.

This day devoted to the memory of Robert Frost offers an opportunity for reflection which is prized by politicians as well as by others, and even by poets, for Robert Frost was one of the granite figures of our time in America. He was supremely two things: an artist and an American. A nation reveals itself not only by the men it produces but also by the men it honors, the men it remembers.

In America, our heroes have customarily run to men of large accomplishments. But today this college and country honors a man whose contribution was not to our size but to our spirit, not to our political beliefs but to our insight, not to our self-esteem, but to our self- comprehension. In honoring Robert Frost, we therefore can pay honor to the deepest sources of our national strength. That strength takes many forms, and the most obvious forms are not always the most significant. The men who create power make an indispensable contribution to the Nation's greatness, but the men who question power make a contribution just as indispensable, especially when that questioning is disinterested, for they determine whether we use power or power uses us.

Our national strength matters, but the spirit which informs and controls our strength matters just as much. This was the special significance of Robert Frost. He brought an unsparing instinct for reality to bear on the platitudes and pieties of society. His sense of the human tragedy fortified him against self-deception and easy consolation. "I have been" he wrote, "one acquainted with the night." And because he knew the midnight as well as the high noon, because he understood the ordeal as well as the triumph of the human spirit, he gave his age strength with which to overcome despair. At bottom, he held a deep faith in the spirit of man, and it is hardly an accident that Robert Frost coupled poetry and power, for he saw poetry as the means of saving power from itself. When power leads men towards arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the areas of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of his existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses. For art establishes the basic human truth which must serve as the touchstone of our judgment.

The artist, however faithful to his personal vision of reality, becomes the last champion of the individual mind and sensibility against an intrusive society and an officious state. The great artist is thus a solitary figure. He has, as Frost said, a lover's quarrel with the world. In pursuing his perceptions of reality, he must often sail against the currents of his time. This is not a popular role. If Robert Frost was much honored in his lifetime, it was because a good many preferred to ignore his darker truths. Yet in retrospect, we see how the artist's fidelity has strengthened the fibre of our national life.

If sometimes our great artist have been the most critical of our society, it is because their sensitivity and their concern for justice, which must motivate any true artist, makes him aware that our Nation falls short of its highest potential. I see little of more importance to the future of our country and our civilization than full recognition of the place of the artist.

If art is to nourish the roots of our culture, society must set the artist free to follow his vision wherever it takes him. We must never forget that art is not a form of propaganda; it is a form of truth. And as Mr. MacLeish once remarked of poets, there is nothing worse for our trade than to be in style. In free society art is not a weapon and it does not belong to the spheres of polemic and ideology. Artists are not engineers of the soul. It may be different elsewhere. But democratic society--in it, the highest duty of the writer, the composer, the artist is to remain true to himself and to let the chips fall where they may. In serving his vision of the truth, the artist best serves his nation. And the nation which disdains the mission of art invites the fate of Robert Frost's hired man, the fate of having "nothing to look backward to with pride, and nothing to look forward to with hope."

I look forward to a great future for America, a future in which our country will match its military strength with our moral restraint, its wealth with our wisdom, its power with our purpose. I look forward to an America which will not be afraid of grace and beauty, which will protect the beauty of our natural environment, which will preserve the great old American houses and squares and parks of our national past, and which will build handsome and balanced cities for our future.

I look forward to an America which will reward achievement in the arts as we reward achievement in business or statecraft. I look forward to an America which will steadily raise the standards of artistic accomplishment and which will steadily enlarge cultural opportunities for all of our citizens. And I look forward to an America which commands respect throughout the world not only for its strength but for its civilization as well. And I look forward to a world which will be safe not only for democracy and diversity but also for personal distinction.

Remarks at Amherst College - John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum

amh-student1963oct26cover.jpg

Again, if the GOP want to redirect stimulus funds it is only because they believe it will cripple the stimulus and hurt recovery.

Just because stimulus funds are not PAID OUT does not mean they have not been contracted for and therefore spent. It means the projects have not been completed yet so the money has not been paid out. If the money is diverted as the GOP desires the contracts have to be canceled crippling the recovery, the primary goal of the GOP power grab.

so why wasn't it the responsible thing to do to pay for the benefits?

and i don't think cancelling the building of turtle bridges and window replacements at unused buildings would cripple the recovery.
Replacing broken windows in unused buildings prevents further damage to the buildings from the elements. You can be sure if the GOP propaganda machine says something is a waste of money, it's not.

Good one! That could actually be some Democrat's slogan!

The book uses data from many sources to prove that the one overwhelming predictor of generosity is religion. Political affiliation is almost irrelevent - the statistics for religious liberals and religious conservaties are identical. Religious people are statistically more likely to give than secularists (91% to 66%), and give more of their money (3.5 times more than secularists), are more likely to volunteer their time (67% to 44%), and volunteer more of their time (almost twice as much). The fact that the conservative population is more charitable than the liberal population is due to the fact that religious people tend to be politically conservative.
BALONEY!

Just as CON$ pretend to be wealthier than Libs, they pretend to be more religious too.
CON$ are ChINOs, Christians In Name Only, for political purposes only.

what political purpose does it serve to "pretend" to be a christian?

Huge voting blocs because they are easily manipulated by wedge issues, such as abortion. Karl Rove set about in 2003 with a political strategy to win over white evangelical Christians, and it worked like a charm. The mega churches began preaching damaging political rhetoric against the evil Democrats (particularly the 'traitor' John Kerry), and some even had derogatory messages printed in their weekly programs.

WHITE EVANGELICAL/BORN-AGAIN?

BUSH
78%

KERRY
21%

CNN.com Election 2004

I think there's a generality some folks find convenient in lieu of actual facts or original thought.

And there are generalities on both sides of the political spectrum. Conservatives think there are no sinners among Capitalists. that there is actually a "Free" market capable of solving each and every economic problem if only there were no regulations, safeguards or controls imposed upon it. The question asked then is "Why do Conservatives hate government?"

Conservatives, on the other hand like the generality that Liberals hate the rich and love the government. Some Conservatives take intellectual shelter in the notion that government is inept, corrupt, evil and robs the wealthy of their legitimate gains.

Liberals are supposed to be suspicious of the rich, or, as the OP opines HATE the rich. In fact, Liberals do not hate the rich but are suspicious that the rich got rich by taking unfair advantage of the poor.

There's also an "air" about the very rich (regardless how they got there) that is a turnoff to me. I've lived all over the country, and it's the same in the east, west and south (never lived in the northeast or central). If someone has a lot of money, as evidenced by material lifestyle, there's a condescending attitude which is unspoken, but expressed nonetheless. For example: When I lived in LA, I had a friend whose family came from money, and although my friend actually had a job at a lower payscale and less importance than mine, she wore Gucchi and drove a Mecedes while I wore Nine West and drove a Mustang. We spent an occasional winter weekend lying in the sun in Palm Springs, but she wouldn't dream of letting me "share" the trip by driving my Ford. I mean what kind of entrance would that convey as we drove up to the Canyon Country Club? Ironically, she was a very funny woman and enjoyable as a friend, but her image was always her first priority.

Last edited:
Most Liberals hate the rich because they are jealous of them. Jealous of their successes.

"A price must be paid for success. Those who have reached the summits have invariably worked harder and longer, studied and planned more assiduously, practiced more self-denial, and overcame more difficulties than those of us who have not risen so far." — B.C. Forbes

lol.. I always find it really funny when i read some ignorant yutz saying 'liberals are jealous of the rich'.

then in the next breath, they say the elitist liberals have no idea what it's like for 'we the people'.

i'd suggest you make up your mind.

i'd also suggest you look into who constitutes 'the right'... since most of you are white working class.

but keep lying. it's cool.

and feel free to let bill gates and warren buffet know that they hate rich people.

so what you're saying is the right is made up of the working class?
i thought the right was only concerned with giving tax cuts to the wealthy?

The working class right believes the concept that the more the wealthy have to spend, they will gladly "trickle down" some to you and thereby keep you happy too. How's that been workin' out lately?

I think there's a generality some folks find convenient in lieu of actual facts or original thought.

And there are generalities on both sides of the political spectrum. Conservatives think there are no sinners among Capitalists. that there is actually a "Free" market capable of solving each and every economic problem if only there were no regulations, safeguards or controls imposed upon it. The question asked then is "Why do Conservatives hate government?"

Conservatives, on the other hand like the generality that Liberals hate the rich and love the government. Some Conservatives take intellectual shelter in the notion that government is inept, corrupt, evil and robs the wealthy of their legitimate gains.

Liberals are supposed to be suspicious of the rich, or, as the OP opines HATE the rich. In fact, Liberals do not hate the rich but are suspicious that the rich got rich by taking unfair advantage of the poor.

"I think private insurers should be able to compete. They do it all the time. I mean, if you think about, if you think about it, um, UPS and FedEx are doing just fine. Right? The, uh, no they are. I mean, it's the post office that's always having problems."

That's because the USPS continues to compete with private deliverers by providing DAILY services at affordable uniform pricing. Obviously, all of the machinations that go into the functions of the US Postal Service are expensive and unprofitable, by comparison. That said, when the service was made an independent agency of the government, it thereafter received NO taxpayer money for support. It does, however, have loans from the Treasury to maintain its function. If the USPS were to become a private entity, the rates would be as high as UPS and FedEx for daily delivery. Could you handle that? I know I couldn't. And that's why it would cease to exist without government loans.

so being a christian allows me to hate my president because he's black?

so when the bible says, "judge not lest ye be judged yourself"

it really means that it is my duty as a christian to judge and hate homosexuals.
ChINOs ignore the verse you cite and quote Leviticus. CON$ are the most judgmental people on Earth, thus they earn the title ChINO.

yes, liberals are the most tolerant people on earth.

unless of course, you disagree with them.
then you are a hate mongering homophobic racist bigot

As a noob here, you're jumping the gun on your conclusions. At least on this message board, there are literally hundreds of opinions from the right that have nothing to do with homosexuality nor race, nor are they countered with that allegation.

I'm beginning to smell a sock puppet. Someone else used to pose the same question over and over again, even though it was answered over and over again, and adeptly take a statement and twist it over and over again without making any substantial comment of their own. This person also eventually revealed his/her true nature. So who is your alter, cad?

Very clever, but dumb just the same. A liberal arts degree prepares a student for a plethora of potential endeavors, without restricting to only a few within a select discipline which often require FURTHER education.

liberal arts -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia
college or university curriculum aimed at imparting general knowledge and developing general intellectual capacities in contrast to a professional, vocational, or technical curriculum. In the medieval European university the seven liberal arts were grammar, rhetoric, and logic (the trivium) and geometry, arithmetic, music, and astronomy (the quadrivium). In modern colleges and universities the liberal arts include the study of literature, languages, philosophy, history, mathematics, and science as the basis of a general, or liberal, education. Sometimes the liberal-arts curriculum is described as comprehending study of three main branches of knowledge: the humanities (literature, language, philosophy, the fine arts, and history), the physical and biological sciences and mathematics, and the social sciences.

Is it the "liberal" part that is so troubling to you? Before the word "liberal" became demonized by the far right, it was a word meaning all-encompassing. Still is, last I looked.

2- Scumbag trial lawyers

Wow, you got unions, atheists and trial lawyers as scapegoats. Maybe you can get Hollywood and activist judges worked in there too. :rofl:

Having worked within the legal profession for nearly 30 years, I can almost guarantee that lawyers are pretty much split between conservative and liberal. I really don't know where they suddenly got this horrible rap that they are all bottom feeding liberals. In fact, once the ABA rules allowed advertising, I found it was the conservative law firms who couldn't wait to get a big splashy ad in the Yellow Pages and the ambulance chasers drifted away from the big conservative firms to form their own PI firms so they didn't need to do any pro bono work anymore.

:clap2:

Ain't that the truth. Go a few rungs lower, and it's the nurses aids and orderlies who do all the shit work, for shitty salaries.

Last edited:

Dunno about paramedics, but nurses make pretty good money.

By comparison, no, they do not. If a nurse takes extra classes and becomes a PA, she/he still doesn't make anywhere near what a physician would make per hour for drawing the same blood.

Forum List

Back