It's Katie Couric!

Of course you gun nuts miss the entire point of the film - that we need to reduce gun violence even further and focus on a few seconds that hurt your little thin-skinned feelings. Whine whine whine whine is all I hear from you crazies. Meanwhile over 40,000 people per year in the U.S. are killed or injured by gun violence (exclusive of suicides). What are you doing to help decrease that number? Whine?
Consider joining everytown.org to help make us safer instead of whining.
Being dishonest is not the way to win support.

This isn't the only time this woman has doctored her reports. This is what they call media malpractice.

A journalist has a responsibility to the public to present information that can be trusted, not doctored information that is a misrepresentation of the truth.

Journalism ethics and standards

Journalism ethics and standards comprise principles of ethics and of good practice as applicable to the specific challenges faced by journalists. Historically and currently, this subset of media ethics is widely known to journalists as their professional "code of ethics" or the "canons of journalism".[1] The basic codes and canons commonly appear in statements drafted by both professional journalism associations and individual print, broadcast, and online news organizations.

While various existing codes have some differences, most share common elements including the principles of—truthfulness, accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, fairness and public accountability—as these apply to the acquisition of newsworthy information and its subsequent dissemination to the public.[1][2][3][4]

Journalism ethics and standards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course you gun nuts miss the entire point of the film - that we need to reduce gun violence even further and focus on a few seconds that hurt your little thin-skinned feelings.
When you have to lie to make your point, you have no point worth making.
if you had a point worth making, you would not have to lie.
What does that say about the point?

You’re as much a moron as you are a liar.

Couric is not ‘attacking’ the Second Amendment or Civil Rights.

LOL_zpsrc5py0ql.gif

Being dishonest is not the way to win support.

This isn't the only time this woman has doctored her reports. This is what they call media malpractice.

A journalist has a responsibility to the public to present information that can be trusted, not doctored information that is a misrepresentation of the truth.

Journalism ethics and standards

Journalism ethics and standards comprise principles of ethics and of good practice as applicable to the specific challenges faced by journalists. Historically and currently, this subset of media ethics is widely known to journalists as their professional "code of ethics" or the "canons of journalism".[1] The basic codes and canons commonly appear in statements drafted by both professional journalism associations and individual print, broadcast, and online news organizations.

While various existing codes have some differences, most share common elements including the principles of—truthfulness, accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, fairness and public accountability—as these apply to the acquisition of newsworthy information and its subsequent dissemination to the public.[1][2][3][4]

Journalism ethics and standards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You know, Mudwhistle, hitting the 'Winner' icon when I see your posts is becoming reflexive.

Do you write professionally on conservative topics?

All you gun adoring asshats, c'mere....
What upsets you more - that Couric lied in her "documentary", or that she was caught?
Neither. What upsets me is all the same old arguments from 2AGuy and name calling from the rest of you that you somehow think defends your side. It deeply troubles me that so many Americans seem proud as peacocks of the gun mania and deaths associated with it in this country. I don't know why I'm even bothering to reply to this. It will probably be the same old same old.

Neither. What upsets me is all the same old arguments from 2AGuy and name calling from the rest of you that you somehow think defends your side. It deeply troubles me that so many Americans seem proud as peacocks of the gun mania and deaths associated with it in this country. I don't know why I'm even bothering to reply to this. It will probably be the same old same old.
Lol, not true.

Your arguments were dismembered, rebutted, and stronger counter evidence presented.

you just dont like it.

[QUOTE="2aguy, post: 14348225, member: 50072"I

General Social Survey: When the GSS

And another thing.....fewer gun owning Americans are willing to tell nameless, faceless voices in person or over the phone that they own a gun.........ever read the posts here...there is no way I am telling my doctor or any government stooge if I own a gun......[/QUOTE]

I've only been on this forum for a short time but it hasn't taken long to tell the genuine article from the posers.

It is a genuine pleasure to take part in a forum where there are such well-informed individuals such as yourself who have the FACT AND TRUTH about gun ownership.

You're 100% right too about telling my doctor or almost anyone else that I own guns. Some close friends, buddies and a woman who get together and go to a couple ranges of course and some, not all of the guys I ride with. No one's business.

THANKS for all your time and work even though much of it falls on the dead (no pun intended) ears of the haters.

What upsets you more - that Couric lied in her "documentary", or that she was caught?

Are you aware, or does it matter to you that many Western European countries with the laws you drool for have far higher rates of violent crime than does the USA? Even Great Britain and Austrailia where they followed your foolish advice and confiscated "all" guns of law abiding citizens.

Neither.
Why doesn't it bother you that she lied in a self-described documentary?

What upsets me is all the same old arguments from 2AGuy and name calling from the rest of you that you somehow think defends your side.
Seems to me I just recently left you with several matters of fact that defended my side, from which you ran away.
Anti gunners, NRA convention will allow all legal carry options....
:dunno:

Last edited:
Lol, not true.

Your arguments were dismembered, rebutted, and stronger counter evidence presented.

you just dont like it.
I thought I already blew you up.

Of course you gun nuts miss the entire point of the film - that we need to reduce gun violence even further and focus on a few seconds that hurt your little thin-skinned feelings.
When you have to lie to make your point, you have no point worth making.
if you had a point worth making, you would not have to lie.
What does that say about the point?
Pointless:)

Are you aware, or does it matter to you that many Western European countries with the laws you drool for have far higher rates of violent crime than does the USA? Even Great Britain and Austrailia where they followed your foolish advice and confiscated "all" guns of law abiding citizens.
Check with 2AGuy on those stats. I believe they have LESS gun deaths than we do.

You get what you deserve with your libtard anti Amercan bullshit. Don't like it, stfu then.

We have more accidental gun deaths than they have gun homicides.

Check with 2AGuy on those stats. I believe they have LESS gun deaths than we do.

You didn't pay attention to what he posted....he said they have higher rates of violent crime...and they do.....their criminals just don't commit murder. Britain has 2x the violent crime...that means rapes, stabbings, beatings, robberies...their criminals just don't cross the line into murder. But they do that to when they want to.........as Larry Correia pointed out after Sandy Hook....Britain traded the possibility of already extremely rare mass shootings, for the every day brutalization of British citizens......

And keep in mind....Britain and Australis didn't have mass shootings very often....in fact they were rare, when they confiscated their guns...which they first registered decades before they confiscated them.

Social media post says U.K. has far higher violent crime rate than U.S. does

Our ruling

The meme said "there are over 2,000 crimes recorded per 100,000 population in the U.K.," compared to "466 violent crimes per 100,000" in the United States. Our preliminary attempt to make an apples-to-apples comparison shows a much smaller difference in violent crime rates between the two countries, but criminologists say differences in how the statistics are collected make it impossible to produce a truly valid comparison. We rate the claim False.

We have more accidental gun deaths than they have gun homicides.

And we have 320,000,000 million people, with 357,000,000 million guns in private hands and in 2014 we only had 586 accidental gun deaths....so accidental deaths are not an issue in this country since Americans are amazingly responsible gun owners....as shown by that number.....

Our car accidental death rate of 35,000 dead is higher than their gun homicide rate.....should we get rid of cars too....and use buses like they do?

So. They had the holocaust....which brings their murder rate well above ours....not one armed citizen of Europe was gassed to death...since they were all unarmed.

Forum List

Back