Its July 4th.....Have you thanked a Liberal today???

JFK wouldn't be considered a Liberal today, by any stretch of the imagination. Conservative yes, Liberal - no freaking way.

True conservatives are actually more like classic liberals than the current crop of Marxist interlopers parading around as liberals.

No...In fact they are not

They still oppose the rights of the individual, still oppose the rights of the common man, still support the wealthy and powerful, still are on the wrong side of history

Some things never change

You're highly ignorant when it comes to conservatism. Put down Das Kapital and pick up some William F. Buckley.

You are not welcome to claim the very founding of this nation as a 'liberal' achievement. You may not rewrite history. You may not steal the achievement of all our forefathers for your immoral bullshit.

And, you do not have permission to give your permission to any other American to decide what conservatives have given this nation. That permission is not yours to give.... but it is pretty typical of a fucking "liberal" to think that they do.

Fucking dumbass. You are an embarrassment to Americans - liberal, conservative, moderate or whatever else.

Sorry sweetheart...but as much as I love you, I will not let you rewrite the history of our great nation

Conservatives of the day were known as Torries and supported the crown. They fought hard against the so called traitorous rebels who wanted a nation based on one man- one vote. Conservatives are not allowed to change sides and claim that they supported the rebellion. History has shown that they didn't

Man, you are just so incredibly, embarrassingly, stupid. :lol::lol::lol: Dear God, I feel sorry for you.

Lets see......California Girl has given up on defending her weakly argued position and has reverted to calling her detractors "stupid"

Thanks for making my day....you seldom fail me

Yeah.. liberals love small government and one man, one vote and minimal taxation.

Priceless.

Sorry sweetheart...but as much as I love you, I will not let you rewrite the history of our great nation

Conservatives of the day were known as Torries and supported the crown. They fought hard against the so called traitorous rebels who wanted a nation based on one man- one vote. Conservatives are not allowed to change sides and claim that they supported the rebellion. History has shown that they didn't

Man, you are just so incredibly, embarrassingly, stupid. :lol::lol::lol: Dear God, I feel sorry for you.

Lets see......California Girl has given up on defending her weakly argued position and has reverted to calling her detractors "stupid"

Well, you are espousing the idea that liberals are pro small government, minimal taxation and pro one man, one vote.

That's kinda dumb on the surface, but I suspect you don't really buy any of it.

Congrats, CG....you just gave him a happy ending.
smiliesnicker2.gif

You're not expecting intellectual honesty from modern liberals are you? They haven't the capacity for such decency.

I don't agree. I know lots of intellectually honest liberals. Just happens that rightwhiner isn't one of them. He's a lying little shit who has neither intellectual honesty nor morals. There is no subject that is above his political point scoring. Unlike most of the rest of us, he puts politics over country.

Fair enough.. maybe it's just the one's here.

You are not welcome to claim the very founding of this nation as a 'liberal' achievement. You may not rewrite history. You may not steal the achievement of all our forefathers for your immoral bullshit.

And, you do not have permission to give your permission to any other American to decide what conservatives have given this nation. That permission is not yours to give.... but it is pretty typical of a fucking "liberal" to think that they do.

Fucking dumbass. You are an embarrassment to Americans - liberal, conservative, moderate or whatever else.

Lol!! And liberals of today aren't allowed to transport themselves back to the colonies and put on their blue coats.
Today's Liberals would have anchored themselves to the Crown. After all? just look at what they support now? *Same kind of tyranny...235 years later* Too bad tarring and feathering is out of style.

I've stated facts. I know they are inconvenient for you, but they remain facts. I need not defend it, you haven't given me anything to 'argue' against. You're a fool. Your thread is meant only to inflame conservatives. As is oft the case, instead of flaming conservatives, you got your ass handed to you on a plate.

You should be ashamed of yourself for using a national day for your pathetic political point scoring. But, you won't be.... because you think politics is more important than your country. That's fine, it's your right. But I will not waste my time on your babbling bullshit.... I've stated exactly why you're wrong - which you conveniently ignore (and I understand why you ignore it... it's hard to argue against solid facts).

Lol!! And liberals of today aren't allowed to transport themselves back to the colonies and put on their blue coats.
Today's Liberals would have anchored themselves to the Crown. After all? just look at what they support now? *Same kind of tyranny...235 years later* Too bad tarring and feathering is out of style.

That's not true either. Just because rightwhiner bullshits for political point scoring doesn't mean you should. The facts are the facts - no one can change them. Those facts do not support rightwhiners claims any more than they support yours.

Fact: Our Founders held a wide variety of views of how the country should run. None of them were modern day 'liberal', and none of them were modern day 'conservatives'. Those facts may not suit either the left or the right, but they remain the facts.

I've stated facts. I know they are inconvenient for you, but they remain facts. I need not defend it, you haven't given me anything to 'argue' against. You're a fool. Your thread is meant only to inflame conservatives. As is oft the case, instead of flaming conservatives, you got your ass handed to you on a plate.

You should be ashamed of yourself for using a national day for your pathetic political point scoring. But, you won't be.... because you think politics is more important than your country. That's fine, it's your right. But I will not waste my time on your babbling bullshit.... I've stated exactly why you're wrong - which you conveniently ignore (and I understand why you ignore it... it's hard to argue against solid facts).

I'm still waiting for you to provide all the accomplishments Conservatives have given this great nation......I imagine i will have to wait a long time

For the list is very short

Want to explain to me how Conservatives felt about womens rights? worker protections? environmental protections? gay rights?

Last edited:
Liberals have done so much for our society. They gave us our nation, womans rights, workers rights, civil rights, environmental protections, gay rights, healthcare, social security....

They ask for so little in return

Lets use today to thank liberals for this wonderful country that they not only founded for us......but work tirelessly to make better every day

you know, its times like these when I really wish you would/could read.......really.

your op is an abysmal failure because you built on sand....because your willful ignorance of what constitutes 'liberal' thru the centuries of socio-economic change is completely hidden from you by your lack of ability to or lack of ambition to read.

That's not true either. Just because rightwhiner bullshits for political point scoring doesn't mean you should. The facts are the facts - no one can change them. Those facts do not support rightwhiners claims any more than they support yours.

Fact: Our Founders held a wide variety of views of how the country should run. None of them were modern day 'liberal', and none of them were modern day 'conservatives'. Those facts may not suit either the left or the right, but they remain the facts.

Good point CG. The Founders were great thinkers and were passionate about this great experiment we call America. RW's premise is plainly everything evil is conservative, everything wonderful is liberal, which of course is not only very simple-minded, but just plain wrong; even if I reversed the terms liberal and conservative.

I'm still waiting for you to provide all the accomplishments Conservatives have given this great nation......I imagine i will have to wait a long time

For the list is very short

Here you go - this should get you started http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-last-20-years-the-answer-he.html#post2545991

Indeed. 1/3rd were for independence from the crown, 1/3rd were loyalists, the remainder just wanted to be left alone...that is until they suffered under the heavy hand of the Crown, and were forced to act.

*I defer*

Conservative accomplishment - Nixon on the environment -

The president sent dozens of environmental proposals to Congress, including the Clean Air Act of 1970, perhaps one of the most significant pieces of environmental legislation ever passed. He also created two new agencies, the Department of Natural Resources and the Environmental Protection Agency, to oversee environmental matters.

Nixon on the poor - Conservative Accomplishment-

Nixon had experienced the sting of poverty as a child, and he never forgot it. But while he sympathized with the poor, he also shared many Americans' conviction that the welfare system had grown into an inefficient bureaucracy which fostered dependency and low self esteem among welfare recipients and contributed to the breakdown of families by providing assistance only to households which were not headed by a working male.

With the assistance of Urban Affairs Council secretary Daniel Patrick Moynihan, Nixon created the Family Assistance Plan. FAP called for the replacement of bureaucratically administered programs such as Aid to Families with Dependent Children, Food Stamps, and Medicaid, with direct cash payments to those in need. Not only single-parent families, but the working poor would qualify for aid. All recipients, save the mothers of preschool age children, would be required to work or take job training.

Forum List

Back