Its July 4th.....Have you thanked a Liberal today???

So, in your mind the founders, who were self-reliant and rugged individualists somehow were liberal? Liberalism is the antithesis of self-reliance and rugged individualism.

I've only been here two days, but I have to say, you have some tough competition for the most blatantly false assertions I have so far read.

I guess this board just allows people to slander entire groups without a single link to a fact.

Wherever you got those impressions of liberals, may I be the latest to disabuse you of any notion that you have the world sorted out correctly. So sad that such a nice person as you would have allowed someone else to poison your mind with wholesale bigotry and intolerance for differences of opinion among Americans.

Perhaps, if you try hard, before you finish this life, you might be able to open your mind. But there seems to be little hope when I read such utter bollocks as I see posted here by folks like you.

Such a lame ass spanking......have a seat on the porch, pal.:lol:

So, in your mind the founders, who were self-reliant and rugged individualists somehow were liberal? Liberalism is the antithesis of self-reliance and rugged individualism.

I've only been here two days, but I have to say, you have some tough competition for the most blatantly false assertions I have so far read.

I guess this board just allows people to slander entire groups without a single link to a fact.

Wherever you got those impressions of liberals, may I be the latest to disabuse you of any notion that you have the world sorted out correctly. So sad that such a nice person as you would have allowed someone else to poison your mind with wholesale bigotry and intolerance for differences of opinion among Americans.

Perhaps, if you try hard, before you finish this life, you might be able to open your mind. But there seems to be little hope when I read such utter bollocks as I see posted here by folks like you.

It's called 'freedom of speech'. If that's a foreign concept to you, perhaps you should find a board that does not tolerate such freedom.

And BTW LateTrader.. I get my impression of liberals from the mean spirited nonsense such as what you just posted. You want me to have a more favorable opinion of liberals? Then stop labelling people bigots just because the don't accept your view of things.

It's called 'freedom of speech'. If that's a foreign concept to you, perhaps you should find a board that does not tolerate such freedom.

I'm still trying to get my head around the wholesale bigotry comment.

What is it with these modern day liberals who think the rest of us owe 'em something? Did they fight the British? No. All they do is jump on a band wagon and lay claim to every decent idealist who has ever walked the planet..... Is stupid a prerequisite to be a 'liberal'?

Every one of those ideals was fought furiously against by conservatives of that era......democracy, womens rights, abolition, worker rights and protection, protection of the environment

Imagine if we had actually listened to conservatives?

We are not a democracy, we are a republic. Since you can't even grasp that basic fact, it's no wonder you produce such fucking bullshit.

Genuinely, the Founders would be ashamed of people like you. They loved this country more than any political ideology. It's about time we did likewise. Stop trying to grab the moral highground..... you can't afford the payments.

Don't try to get your head around stupidity. It's not worth the effort. File him under 'really stupid poster' and move on. :lol:

What is it with these modern day liberals who think the rest of us owe 'em something? Did they fight the British? No. All they do is jump on a band wagon and lay claim to every decent idealist who has ever walked the planet..... Is stupid a prerequisite to be a 'liberal'?

Every one of those ideals was fought furiously against by conservatives of that era......democracy, womens rights, abolition, worker rights and protection, protection of the environment

Imagine if we had actually listened to conservatives?

We are not a democracy, we are a republic. Since you can't even grasp that basic fact, it's no wonder you produce such fucking bullshit.

Genuinely, the Founders would be ashamed of people like you. They loved this country more than any political ideology. It's about time we did likewise. Stop trying to grab the moral highground..... you can't afford the payments.

Indeed.

Our founding fatherrs were the most extreme liberals of their day...

Imagine actually believing that "All men are created equal" in a day when royalty ruled by basis of their bloodlines and order of birth?

Imagine creating a country where a poor, illiterate laborer receives the same vote as the most wealthy citizen?

Liberal thought has improved this country since its founding

I know. Where do you buy wholesale bigotry?

Imagine actually believing that "All men are created equal" in a day when royalty ruled by basis of their bloodlines and order of birth?

Imagine creating a country where a poor, illiterate laborer receives the same vote as the most wealthy citizen?

No, no it hasn't.

'Liberals' are rapidly losing any sense of decency in their desperate need to lay claim to the moral high ground.

This is just righnutter being a jackass.

He knows that the exact opposite of what he is saying is true and that the modern day liberal is closer to a Communist than to a classic liberal.

I know. He's an embarrassment to all decent Americans - left or right - who hold our country as paramount over any political ideology. No true American, one that understands our history, would ever lay claim to it as one party's creation. That goes against the very ideals on which our nation was founded. They are either jack shit stupid, or hold their politics over their country... either way, they should be ashamed.

Party?

Do you understand the political structure of this great nation? Liberals of both parties have contributed to the building of this great nation. Liberal Republicans fought against slavery and for civil rights. Liberal Republicans supported womens rights and the environment

This is not about Democrats and Republicans but about the great accomplishments of our liberal founding fathers

Modern day libs are so arrogant as to believe they can do it bigger and better than those rich and racist white men, and look down on the "outdated" Constitution.

No, no it hasn't.

Liberals have given us Democracy, ended slavery, civil rights, womens rights, worker protections, environmental protections, social security, Medicare, Universal Healthcare....

You are welcome to identify a single initiative given to us by Conservatives

The whole premise seems to be that anything evil is conservative, and anything wonderful is liberal.. which of course is utter nonsense, even if I were to subsitute conservative for liberal and vica versa.

Liberals have done so much for our society. They gave us our nation, womans rights, workers rights, civil rights, environmental protections, gay rights, healthcare, social security....

They ask for so little in return

No, they don't. They only want our money, our bodies, our future and to control our lives. So little for all that we get from them.

Try getting your head around some basic facts:

Our Founders were not 'radicals', they were not 'liberals', they were not fighting for some unique ideas about freedom, or individual rights (<--- that's a conservative stronghold, btw). Those ideas were not radical, or 'progressive'. Those ideas, 'freedom' and 'the rights of the individual' have their roots back waaaay before the Founders, way before the Pilgrims came.... in fact, those ideals are British ideals.... they date back to the Magna Carta (originally dated from 1215).

In fact, while the Brits may have screamed 'treason', it was not treason. No British law was broken when we broke away.... the Founders were merely exerting their rights as 'Englishmen'.

Modern day libs are so arrogant as to believe they can do it bigger and better than those rich and racist white men, and look down on the "outdated" Constitution.

How dare you?

Our great Constitution is not outdated. It grows stronger through time, just like our founding fathers intended. Through Amendment and legal interpretations, our Constitution is stronger today than it was when our founding fathers wrote it.

They would be proud of what our Nation has become

Forum List

Back