It's Hard Work....Ahh..You Know, Hard.

D

Darwins Friend

Text: Bush's Statement on Rumsfeld

By The Associated Press
The Associated Press
Friday, April 14, 2006; 1:58 PM

-- President Bush's statement on Friday in support of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld:

Earlier today I spoke with Don Rumsfeld about ongoing military operations in the Global War on Terror. I reiterated my strong support for his leadership during this historic and challenging time for our Nation.

The Department of Defense has been tasked with many difficult missions. Upon assuming office, I asked Don to transform the largest department in our government. That kind of change is hard, but our Nation must have a military that is fully prepared to confront the dangerous threats of the 21st century. Don and our military commanders have also been tasked to take the fight to the enemy abroad on multiple fronts.

I have seen first-hand how Don relies upon our military commanders in the field and at the Pentagon to make decisions about how best to complete these missions. Secretary Rumsfeld's energetic and steady leadership is exactly what is needed at this critical period. He has my full support and deepest appreciation.

George W. Bush

Darwins Friend said:
Text: Bush's Statement on Rumsfeld

By The Associated Press
The Associated Press
Friday, April 14, 2006; 1:58 PM

-- President Bush's statement on Friday in support of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld:

Earlier today I spoke with Don Rumsfeld about ongoing military operations in the Global War on Terror. I reiterated my strong support for his leadership during this historic and challenging time for our Nation.

The Department of Defense has been tasked with many difficult missions. Upon assuming office, I asked Don to transform the largest department in our government. That kind of change is hard, but our Nation must have a military that is fully prepared to confront the dangerous threats of the 21st century. Don and our military commanders have also been tasked to take the fight to the enemy abroad on multiple fronts.

I have seen first-hand how Don relies upon our military commanders in the field and at the Pentagon to make decisions about how best to complete these missions. Secretary Rumsfeld's energetic and steady leadership is exactly what is needed at this critical period. He has my full support and deepest appreciation.

George W. Bush

And your problem with this is?

And your problem with this is?

Could it be that the bumpkin from Crawford, TX. doesn’t know both he and his Defence Secretary are both out-of-touch arrogant assholes? Yep - that’s it.

Darwins Friend said:
Could it be that the bumpkin from Crawford, TX. doesn’t know both he and his Defence Secretary are both out-of-touch arrogant assholes? Yep - that’s it.

You are going to have to clarify. I was under the impression that good leaders rely on those experienced people around them.

Darwins Friend said:

That "bumpkin" is the President and when addressing his office, deserves respect. When he no longer in office, he is fair game, but until then when you address him, you address his office. Being a vet, you should understand this.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
onthefence said:
That "bumpkin" is the President and when addressing his office, deserves respect. When he no longer in office, he is fair game, but until then when you address him, you address his office. Being a vet, you should understand this.

Excellent.

I'd bet Money Darwins Friend is lying about his/her military service.

onthefence said:
You are going to have to clarify. I was under the impression that good leaders rely on those experienced people around them.

You are right.

Of course, Darwin, once again, feels that his opinion is the only one that is correct.

Darwins Friend said:

Out of touch ?? They're POLITICIANS for God's sake. What do you expect??

onthefence said:

And did you ALWAYS do so toward the previous president "while in office?"

:bsflag:

dmp said:
Excellent.

I'd bet Money Darwins Friend is lying about his/her military service.

Put you money where your mouth is.

Darwins Friend said:

You're pathetic now - accusing somebody of something from a decade ago, based on your speculation and junk.

dilloduck said:
Out of touch ?? They're POLITICIANS for God's sake. What do you expect??

Well.....there is that.

Darwins Friend said:

Absolutely! I was raised by Army Officer. If were to refer to a sitting President as anything other than his title, then my ass would have gotten kicked. I was raised to respect our leaders, whether I agree with them or not. You probably don't believe me, and I couldn't give a rats ass either way, but while Clinton was in office I afforded him the respect his office deserved.

jillian said:
Mmmmmmmmmmm....perhaps some are more out of touch than others?
Yeah, I would say that John Kerry, Howard Dean, Pat Robertson are all more out of touch than most.

Darwins Friend said:

So you disagree that the U.S. military has fought a war in two theaters while simultaneously transforming, and done it successfully?

Forum List

Back