It's fathers day after all Here's to the men you've loved

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
My dad made me. My mom influenced me for sure and bless her soul my mom rocked.

But it was my dad who showed me I could hold a bb gun as well as a barbie. My dad made sure that I knew I could be anything I wanted to be.

It was my dad who told me I could do anything that I wanted to.

My dad made damn sure I knew I could shoot for the moon

My dad could spend a saturday afternoon before we went out trying to figure out how the back of my head went and tried to make me pretty with braids.

My dad put me in the net and said....can you take the puck girl? And I learned how to.

Pucks flying at me left and right and never complain.....I learned to take life like a hockey game. Some got by me, some smacked me :lol:and some pucks I caught.

Dads are like that.

My dad's gone now but I miss him every day.

Happy Fathers Day. Hold your dad close. And tell him you love him.

Dad is gone too... and life is not the same without him anymore :(

But for all of you who have fathers and are fathers..... a Happy Fathers day!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOkepY_Zj8c]Eric Clapton - My Father's Eyes - YouTube[/ame]

My dad made me. My mom influenced me for sure and bless her soul my mom rocked.

But it was my dad who showed me I could hold a bb gun as well as a barbie. My dad made sure that I knew I could be anything I wanted to be.

It was my dad who told me I could do anything that I wanted to.

My dad made damn sure I knew I could shoot for the moon

My dad could spend a saturday afternoon before we went out trying to figure out how the back of my head went and tried to make me pretty with braids.

My dad put me in the net and said....can you take the puck girl? And I learned how to.

Pucks flying at me left and right and never complain.....I learned to take life like a hockey game. Some got by me, some smacked me :lol:and some pucks I caught.

Dads are like that.

My dad's gone now but I miss him every day.

Happy Fathers Day. Hold your dad close. And tell him you love him.

I've aspired to be like that with both my daughters...

the one that's grown (age 33) and the one that's not (age 14)...

btw, one of the things they both appreciate is when I go out with them when they're shopping for clothes...

I have a very good eye for what looks good and what doesn't...

'specially since both of 'em have the same coloration (skin tone and hair) as me...

eta: we don't do hickey down here, but we do do football and baseball...

my youngest daughter and I often go out in the front yard,

where she never ceases to amaze me with her ability to go long for a running catch...

or her ability to smack a curveball into the neighbor's yard...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back