"It’s either Trump or the Republican Party. Not both."

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
Columnist Matt Bai has written that "There’s no hard and fast rule in politics to help you know when you’ve crossed over from mere extremism into some dark borderland of reckless ignorance. Generally speaking, though, when you find yourself defending the wisdom of the Japanese-American internment, you probably left that boundary behind a few miles back. // That’s the intellectual wasteland Donald Trump stumbled into this week when he issued what should hereafter be known as the Marvin Gaye Manifesto — his proposal that all Muslims be banned from entering the country until we can figure out “what’s going on.” This immediately drew unusual condemnation from the new Republican speaker of the House, the Senate majority leader and the party’s national chairman, along with the local Republican chairs in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina." Read more at It’s either Trump or the Republican Party. Not both.

Trump speaks for those in the populist working classes and reactionary right. As a progressive statist, he does not speak for those who like Cruz or those who favor Paul. But he does have the GOP right wing in his pocket. The mainstream and moderate Republicans despise him, and he will lose women, minorities, and millennials by large numbers. If he wins the GOP nomination, which is possible, he will lose. If he runs third party, the GOP and he will lose. Trump is forcing the Republicans to define themselves clearly than just "I am against Obama."

The political landscape on the day after election next year will be amazing.

Columnist Matt Bai has written that "There’s no hard and fast rule in politics to help you know when you’ve crossed over from mere extremism into some dark borderland of reckless ignorance. Generally speaking, though, when you find yourself defending the wisdom of the Japanese-American internment, you probably left that boundary behind a few miles back. // That’s the intellectual wasteland Donald Trump stumbled into this week when he issued what should hereafter be known as the Marvin Gaye Manifesto — his proposal that all Muslims be banned from entering the country until we can figure out “what’s going on.” This immediately drew unusual condemnation from the new Republican speaker of the House, the Senate majority leader and the party’s national chairman, along with the local Republican chairs in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina." Read more at It’s either Trump or the Republican Party. Not both.

Trump speaks for those in the populist working classes and reactionary right. As a progressive statist, he does not speak for those who like Cruz or those who favor Paul. But he does have the GOP right wing in his pocket. The mainstream and moderate Republicans despise him, and he will lose women, minorities, and millennials by large numbers. If he wins the GOP nomination, which is possible, he will lose. If he runs third party, the GOP and he will lose. Trump is forcing the Republicans to define themselves clearly than just "I am against Obama."

I guess the Republican party is fucked, if that's the case.

His supporters do not care about reality, and it will be really harsh come next December.

think that it will be really harsh for moderate rinos , hope so and it serves them right . Moderate rinos have brought the USA to this point Bruce !!

I think that Jake describes himself as a moderate or centrist 'repub' . If I am correct in my recollection I 'guess' that he will cry if the rino gop party is destroyed Gipper !!

So interesting watching the DemoRAT lite Republicans have their CORRUPTION and lap dog compliance to the Manchurian muslim agenda's fall in on them...How do they stop a man that has, IN MOST POLLS, DOUBLE the votes of anyone else that is in second place?

RuTyDoc.gif

If Trump becomes the nominee, the Party stalwarts will run an Independent Republican.

The far right would rather have a HRC than a moderate Republican.

If Trump becomes the nominee, the Party stalwarts will run an Independent Republican.

Apparently the Jakass doesn't know that 16 or 17 states have laws that prohibit candidates that once declares to run as one party, CAN NOT drop out of that party if they lost in a primary to run as a third party in the election. Trump could do it in perhaps 35 or so states, and fuck up the Republicans GOOD, but any of the others, such as YEB or Rubio would lose dramatically!

Apparently the Jakass doesn't know that 16 or 17 states have laws that prohibit candidates that once declares to run as one party, CAN NOT drop out of that party if they lost in a primary to run as a third party in the election. Trump could do it in perhaps 35 or so states, and fuck up the Republicans GOOD, but any of the others, such as YEB or Rubio would lose dramatically!
No one would expect IR candidate to win. It would guarantee a Trump defeat.

And Trump will not be allowed to screw it up and finish it off.

And Trump will not be allowed to screw it up and finish it off.

I agree with Mark Levin. Let the phony conservatives, crony capitalist, establish types, start their own friken party. we conservatives can take over our party:cool:

Last edited:
Hey Fakey, if Trump ends up destroying the Republican party, will you shed a tear?
Jake's the Kind of Republican I used to vote for on occasion. Haven't been many around for a while now. I don't think Jake's left the party. The party left him.

Forum List

Back