It's Been A Very Long Time Since The Hawks Have Taken An O-Lineman In The First Round

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
The Seahawks took 6' 5" 325 lb Germaine Ifedi out of Texas A & M in the 31st pick of the 2016 NFL draft.

I'd never heard of the guy until last night. I just watched some A & M highlights and frankly I was impressed with Ifedi. Aside from being as big as a house he is mobile and has excellent strength and co-ordination in both passing and running plays as an O-Tackle. Watching the Mississippi State 2015 game I didn't see one play where any M S player got past Germaine even once.

I'm sure Russell Wilson is pleased with this pick. I will be happy if he can just stay on side and not moving at the snap. The O-Line was the only difference between the Hawks getting back to it's third Super Bowl in a row and sitting the last one out.

Thanks John and Pete! You guys are finally addressing our only weakness.

Laugh all you want Goose.

Wilson proved against the predictions of those that claimed he could not throw from the pocket. In the last 8 games of the season when given a reasonable amount of time he showed he could light it up.

Who led the NFL in passer accuracy? That would be Russell Wilson. That even though he was the most sacked QB in the first half of the season.

Who tied the NFL for most receiving TDs ... That would be Doug Baldwin.. 11 of his 14 came in the last 8 games.

Last edited:
The Seahawks took 6' 5" 325 lb Germaine Ifedi out of Texas A & M in the 31st pick of the 2016 NFL draft.

I'd never heard of the guy until last night. I just watched some A & M highlights and frankly I was impressed with Ifedi. Aside from being as big as a house he is mobile and has excellent strength and co-ordination in both passing and running plays as an O-Tackle. Watching the Mississippi State 2015 game I didn't see one play where any M S player got past Germaine even once.

I'm sure Russell Wilson is pleased with this pick. I will be happy if he can just stay on side and not moving at the snap. The O-Line was the only difference between the Hawks getting back to it's third Super Bowl in a row and sitting the last one out.

Yeah totally agree.you got a steal in Ifedi. As you well know this is the first time in 22 years that I am excited about the upcoming NFL football season "as much as I love the chargers,it just was never the same." so since I am actually excited about the upcoming NFL football season,I watched the draft last night and that was a genius move by Schneider moving down five spots to take him.

the switch they made with Denver,I think it was a great move for BOTH teams. Paxton Lynch from what I hear is an underrated QB in the draft.You got to believe denver knew what they were doing in moving up five spots to get him.

While watching the draft last night and when it was seattles turn to make the pick,they showed footage of him and I was blown away.He is big and has HUGE long arms.He could be a great one. btw,i did not know they lost JR sweezy,whats their plan for his replacement?

Yeah totally agree.you got a steal in Ifedi. As you well know this is the first time in 22 years that I am excited about the upcoming NFL football season "as much as I love the chargers,it just was never the same." so since I am actually excited about the upcoming NFL football season,I watched the draft last night and that was a genius move by Schneider moving down five spots to take him.

While watching the draft last night and when it was seattles turn to make the pick,they showed footage of him and I was blown away.He is big and has HUGE long arms.He could be a great one. btw,i did not know they lost JR sweezy,whats their plan for his replacement?

I believe the Hawks are planning to get a lot fewer penalties with the loss of Sweazy.

Laugh all you want Goose.

Wilson proved against the predictions of those that claimed he could not throw from the pocket. In the last 8 games of the season when given a reasonable amount of time he showed could light it up.

Who led the NFL in passer accuracy? That would be Russell Wilson. That even though he was the most sacked QB in the first half of the season.

Who tied the NFL for most receiving TDs ... That would be Doug Baldwin.. 11 of his 14 came in the last 8 games.

Indeed.Goose got taken to school in this post.lol

If the Hawks can put together a good O-Line by the start of the season woe to all of their opponents in 2016. I doubt we will go undefeated but that record is not nearly as important as home field advantage for the playoffs. With this kid from A & M and a decent replacement for Okung, who was almost ALWAYS injured, It's off to the races.

Now if Thomas Rawls can run like he did last season before his injury the Hawk offense will be spectacular.

The Hawks second pick is 6' 3" 311 lb DT Jarran Reed out of Alabama. Watching his highlights... not very impressive. I'd call them lowlights. He struggles to be involved in stopping both the run and the pass.

If the Hawks can put together a good O-Line by the start of the season woe to all of their opponents in 2016. I doubt we will go undefeated but that record is not nearly as important as home field advantage for the playoffs. With this kid from A & M and a decent replacement for Okung, who was almost ALWAYS injured, It's off to the races.

Now if Thomas Rawls can run like he did last season before his injury the Hawk offense will be spectacular.
you can forget about going undefeated with carrol taking payoffs to throw games.:biggrin:

you can forget about going undefeated with carrol taking payoffs to throw games.:biggrin:

I've never owned a tin foil hat.

There must be a statute of limitations on the fault of how the Hawks lost the SB to NE. I'm satisfied that Lockette just made a horrible attempt to catch the ball and failing that he failed to keep it out of the hands of Butler. The ball could have been thrown a tiny bit better but if Lockette hadn't been knocked on his ass the ball should have hit him in the hands. I just can't see how Carroll while working for the wealthiest owner in the NFL should need or want to take ANY amount of money to throw the game. Obviously you do not believe that Allen one of the best "plugged in" people on the planet having been a partner in Microsoft wouldn't have the resources to investigate every phone call and computer assisted communication known to man to get to the bottom of any hanky panky..
I would be more suspect that Allen has bugs in every possible space at the Seahawk's training facility just to stay current on how things are going for his team.
Keep in mind that I worked on the construction of Gates' compound the same people that built Allen's home, Sellen Corporation. I can assure you that Gates home is thoroughly bugged. I have had personal visual confirmation that this is so.
There is no way that Allen's team was compromised by Carroll or anyone without his permission.

I understand that you have latched on like a badger to this conspiracy theory about Carroll being paid by person's unknown to throw that game and ruin any possibility of having a repeat SB win and assure his place in the NFL Hall of Fame.

I'm curious? Just how much money do you think it took for Carroll to sabotage his future reputation? How would it be possible for Pete to do such a thing and hide these funds which you must admit would have to be significant without Allen finding these funds in Carroll's possession?

Now please do not think I will go on and on about this matter endlessly trying to break your badger's grip on this insanity. This will be the last time I offer you some reason to consider.

So far the Hawk's picks are heavily weighted towards helping the offense, specifically players that line up at the O-Line.

Round 1 | Pick 31 | No. 31 overall: OT Germain Ifedi, Texas A&M

Round 2 | Pick 25 | No. 49 overall (from Chicago): DT Jarran Reed, Alabama

Round 3 | Pick 27 | No. 90 overall: RB C.J. Prosise, Notre Dame

Round 3 | Pick 35 | No. 94 overall (from Denver): TE Nick Vannett, Ohio State

Round 3 | Pick 35 | No. 97 overall*: OG Rees Odhiambo, Boise State

Round 5 | Pick 8 | No. 147 overall: DT Quinton Jefferson, Maryland

Round 5 | Pick 34 | No. 171 overall*: RB Alex Collins, Arkansas

Round 6 | Pick 40 | No. 215 overall*: C Joey Hunt, TCU

I really like the play at center from Joey Hunt at TCU. He frequently took on double teamed rushes by the defenses he faced and rarely failed to give his QB plenty of time to throw. From what I have seen I think he has a good shot to step in right away at Center for Russell Wilson and the Offense.

I'm very satisfied with this draft. I feel especially good about how John and Pete went after plugging holes in the O-Line. This draft should make a big difference in the way the Hawks Offense performs this season right from the start compared with 2015.

t thought Huggy said the offensive line wasn't a big issue last year. Funny the Seahawks and I thought so. Hunt will struggle to make the Seahawks roster.

Last edited:

I've never owned a tin foil hat.

to this conspiracy theory about Carroll being paid by person's unknown to throw that game and ruin any possibility of having a repeat SB win and assure his place in the NFL Hall of Fame.

I'm curious? Just how much money do you think it took for Carroll to sabotage his future reputation? How would it be possible for Pete to do such a thing and hide these funds which you must admit would have to be significant without Allen finding these funds in Carroll's possession?

Now please do not think I will go on and on about this matter endlessly trying to break your badger's grip on this insanity. This will be the last time I offer you some reason to consider.

please nigga,celebritys like him are like politicians,same as how politicians in washington get away with crimes everyday we go to jail for,they arent going to investigate him. Oh and I guarantee he didnt deposit the money fool.:rolleyes:

and thats the biggest lie ever that your not a tin foil hatter,the fact you were such an idiot who refused to look at the facts the Rams were coming back to LA and said they were not..

:lmao::haha::rofl::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

you carrol apologists do the same thing the brady and belicheat apologists do,brush off conspiracy FACTS as conspiracy theories.:uhoh3::rolleyes:

Oh and before you go tell your usual OTHER lie that you never said they were not coming back you always say when i corner you on this,too bad for you, USMB keeps records you post from the past and this post of yours below i have to post to you all the time since you LIE about it all the time proves you said so despite the mountains of evidence i gave back then mr tin foil hatter conspiracy THEORIST.

I understand the desperation and dissappointment of 9/11 but I think he is grasping at straws.
expect Rams to be back in LA next year.
.:itsok:

Even a CHILD could have seen it back then from the available facts the rams were coming back,but then again a child is not afraid to look at an opposing view different than their own or afraid to watch videos.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
OK.. Back in Sept of 2014 I posted this early on in one of your threads:

"After reading up on the history involved with L A and the NFL I am inclined to believe that an NFL team in L A let alone a return of the Rams is unlikely."

That's it. That's all I said. Big whoop! So my very off the cuff input was wrong. This is what you are hanging your hat on raving and ranting that I am a LIAR? Good grief! Get a friggin grip Sparky. Oh..Oh??? I said in 2014 that I was "inclined to believe", "unlikely". Ya...what a smoking gun! Dude? Seriously?

OK... Now I should admit that I am inclined to believe that I was wrong. Happy?

You should really take into account that I said MANY times over the years that I didn't care about the Rams going to LA or not. I NEVER said they definitely were not making the move. This big argument and war of words covering hundreds of pages documenting your obsession is happening entirely in your imagination. I wasn't then nor am I now a participant in it.

My big mistake was saying anything about something I didn't give a rat's ass about at all. Why you keep trying to drag me into that topic is comical. Can't you find someone that really does care to hound. I have shown the least amount of interest and still I am presented constantly as one that is sssssssssssooooooo wrong about the move.

Then you use THAT as some weird foundation to link me to your wackadoodle belief that Carroll is on the take and I must be a part of hiding that from the public.

What I think about your self generated conspiracies is that you over reach and play fast and loose with your accusations.

The Hawks came very close to winning two SBs in a row. The fact they failed on a last minute opportunity to win and put the game away only proves that sometimes shit happens. Butler made a great play on the ball and was lucky as snot that the ball landed in his grasp for the interception. Lockette screwed the pooch. If anybody should be questioned if they had an ulterior motive ask that fucking pussy how he let Butler get the interception.

Carroll wasn't on the field. Only the players involved in any given play have any control as to what happens good or bad. If the attempted reception was 5 yards deeper Butler would have been called for pass interference. He was within his rights to smash into that fuckwad Lockette two yards downfield from the LOS.

Maybe Wilson should have over ridden the called play and come up with a better play on his own. He did not. The results is history. I believe that horrible moment taught Russell a valuable lesson. I'm pretty sure he will never again run a play from the 2 yard line with less than a minute left in a playoff game using the wrong personnel. His trust in Carroll and Bevell to make the right call with the right personnel in a clutch situation like that one has been shaken beyond repair. Russell Wilson knows he is a better offensive mind with the physical abilty Carroll nor Bevell has ever possessed. If a situation like that one ever comes up again Wilson will trust his own ability and not let some fuckwads put him in that spot. Russell rarely if ever makes the same mistake twice on the field. I believe that Carroll loves to win above all else. No doubt in my mind that after the game Carroll apologized to Russell for the blunder that the call was. I'm sure that Carroll told Russ that if he doesn't feel the right call was made that he should do what he feels will win the game.

good luck getting someone to read that bible length rant of yours Huggy.lol

You didnt REALLY expect me to read any of that BS rambling of yours after you refused to look at the facts from two years ago i gave you that the Rams were coming back to LA did you?:rolleyes: two can play YOUR game son.:muahaha:

Only a tin foil hatter would go and say two years ago-"I can understand 9/11 being desperate on the Rams coming back to LA and all but i think he is just grasping at straws.:haha:"

Yep,you arent a tin foil hatter,and your not a conspiray theorist,pete the cheat carrol doesnt take payoffs to throw games,and according to your other warped logic from two years ago,the Rams are playing in st louis this year as well because i am getting desperate and grasping at straws on that because it is just mere speculation with no facts.:haha::lmao::rofl:

Dont you EVER get tired of being wrong and ending up with egg on your face?:rofl:

You are getting desperate and grasping at straws trying to convince yourself he did not throw the superbowl cause the truth hurts that carrol is as much a criminal as brady and belicheat.:itsok::itsok::itsok:

pete the cheat not only threw the superbowl,he threw the rams opener last year as well as the chargers game and chiefs game in that regular season as well.

But its useless arguing with YOU on that,a guy who refused to look at facts the rams were coming back to LA two years ago.:rolleyes::uhoh3::lmao:

talking to you about pete the cheat throwing football GAMES is as fruitless as trying to convince trolls pooper,zander,chrissy,and old fart style that the cheatriots have tainted the NFL forever.

Last edited:
I'm very satisfied with this draft. I feel especially good about how John and Pete went after plugging holes in the O-Line. This draft should make a big difference in the way the Hawks Offense performs this season right from the start compared with 2015.
for once we agree.
I completely agree here. I see what you mean when you say-The only reason I have an interest in the Rams is they play in the same division as the Seahawks.

Now for the first time in 22 years since i actually am excited about the upcoming NFL football season,thats the same with me as well. Since the Seahawks are in the same division that the LOS ANGELES Rams are, I have an interest in the players they drafted.I also have an interest in the players that the St Louis Cardinals drafted as well for the same reason.:biggrin:

YCU's Boykin signed on as an undrafted free agent. Damn I was blown away by his 2015 highlights. The kid is fast on his feet. He throws the deep pass with incredible accuracy. He has the touch to throw the short pass.

One thing is he is short for a QB at 6 feet. AND he is a bit of a motor mouth. He isn't very articulate. It's hard to believe he spent three or four years in college.

Why don't these colleges teach these kids how to speak in correct English? He sounds like a corner crack dealer.

Also he has had trouble with the law. I hope that bullshit is behind him.

Forum List

Back