It's amazing that no one seemed to take me seriously when I DRESS DOWN

I went into my bank today to cash a refund check that I'd received, and discovered that the account I had there had been defunct since April because it had gotten $.33 overdrawn by someone on a google account that somehow got attached to this checking account that I use for NOTHING except to process checks and money from sources aside from my work.

But the bank manager knows me, her sister went to school with me, she had a crush on my brother. So when they asked, she said sure just open her back up asap.

I can imagine how that would have gone down in a bank in the city where nobody would have known me.

Yesterday I upgraded to a new phone and went to make the down payment. I was wearing jeans and a polo shirt since it was friday and when I walked in T mobile to do the upgrade the guy asked where I worked???? I was like I am not giving you that information and then I went to make the down payment.

The down payment was higher than I expected so I ask could I divide the total in 3 and pay on three different cards? Then this idiot says yeah but your name has to be on all the cards

LMAO. I didn't snap because It was friday and the weather was nice.

I am noticing more people take me seriously when I have on dress clothes versus jeans and other clothes.

Why can't the tall black man have 3 credit cards?

With your attitude, it's surprising that anyone takes you seriously regardless of what you are wearing.

Just sayin'.

Can fbj pay the cards off next paycheck?

Of Course

So why didn't you wait til you had the cash?

Otoh, you're building credit doing that.

Because I made the decision to get it THAT DAY

facepalm-demotivational.jpg

Can fbj pay the cards off next paycheck?

Of Course

So why didn't you wait til you had the cash?

Otoh, you're building credit doing that.

Because I made the decision to get it THAT DAY

facepalm-demotivational.jpg

Hey Mongo

I was already in the store and said I better just get this shit over with today since that was the plan when I left work

Okay, Mongo. As long as you pay your cards off, no harm no foul. :)

Because it was UNPLANNED and I didn't want to put all of it on one card

The way credit ratings work, it is much better to have three cars at 25% of the credit limit than to have 1 card at 75% of its credit limit, and no, I will not explain why as how the credit ratings are determined is some kind of ancient escatological mysticism based on Kabalistic entwined numerology and horse manure.

Plus his wife might be keeping an eye on one of the cards so it causes less wife aggro.

And yes, fbj, wearing a suit causes people to take you more seriously. I tried to convince fellow software engineers of that back int he 1980s. I said that in a suit you are an engineer. In street clothes you are a code monkey. No one listened.

Because it was UNPLANNED and I didn't want to put all of it on one card

The way credit ratings work, it is much better to have three cars at 25% of the credit limit than to have 1 card at 75% of its credit limit, and no, I will not explain why as how the credit ratings are determined is some kind of ancient escatological mysticism based on Kabalistic entwined numerology and horse manure.

Plus his wife might be keeping an eye on one of the cards so it causes less wife aggro.

And yes, fbj, wearing a suit causes people to take you more seriously. I tried to convince fellow software engineers of that back int he 1980s. I said that in a suit you are an engineer. In street clothes you are a code monkey. No one listened.

Even if it's saturday?

Y U no can make it with 1 card?

Why can't you make it with cash?

I'll learn ya sooner or later, fbj. ;)

Didnt have that much cash on me mongo. The down payment amount was unexpected due to taxes so I split it up in 3 ways
Pay off your credit cards and you won't have to look like some dirtbag paying on multiple cards

I see you didn't understand nothing I said

No just that you have no idea of the balances on your credit cards and you obviously never pay them off so you're paying a high interest rate too.

I used to work retail and when some idiot told us to split the charge over multiple cards we thought was has a loser as well as an idiot

Y U no can make it with 1 card?

Why can't you make it with cash?

I'll learn ya sooner or later, fbj. ;)

Didnt have that much cash on me mongo. The down payment amount was unexpected due to taxes so I split it up in 3 ways
Pay off your credit cards and you won't have to look like some dirtbag paying on multiple cards

I see you didn't understand nothing I said

No just that you have no idea of the balances on your credit cards and you obviously never pay them off so you're paying a high interest rate too.

I used to work retail and when some idiot told us to split the charge over multiple cards we thought was has a loser as well as an idiot

Why did u think that mongo?

Forum List

Back