Italian Supreme Court overturns guilty verdict in Amanda Knox case.

And rightfully so.

Italy s highest court overturns Amanda Knox murder conviction closing legal saga

Italy's highest court has overturned the murder conviction against Amanda Knox and her ex-boyfriend, bringing to a definitive end the high-profile case...

...The decision means the judges, after thoroughly examining the case, concluded that a conviction could not be supported by the evidence. Their reasoning will be released within 90 days.

Having read about Douglas Preston's personal experience with the Italian legal system in his book The Monster of Florence, which included some of the key players in the Amanda Knox case (not the least of which was the prosecutor), and having read some about the Knox case, I can't say that this decision surprises me.

In my opinion, it could not have gone any other way.

Just a taste of Preston's experience:

s
First she's guilty, then she's innocent, then guilty, now innocent.
Is this really the last of it ?
As the article stated, they have the killer. Hopefully, this is the last of it. Now, if they come back with another guilty verdict, I would hope that no one is stupid enough to agree to extradition. That would be criminal IMHO.

Apparently the way in which the Court wrote this finding, Amanda Knox is a free woman.

s
As the article stated, they have the killer. Hopefully, this is the last of it. Now, if they come back with another guilty verdict, I would hope that no one is stupid enough to agree to extradition. That would be criminal IMHO.
They've had the killer for some time. Amanda and her bf were convicted as accomplices. Now Amanda and bf are found not guilty.

Can't be sure. In backward countries where double jeopardy is considered an affront to their conventional "wisdom" that you try and try and try and try until you got it "right" she would never have a chance.

Luckily for her, she is American and as an innocent person, does not have to worry about being railroaded by Euro hicks.

Forum List

Back