Italian hostage

Sir Evil said:
Really? I am one of the more friendly ones for the most part! What's sad is that you are coming from the UK and joined a US message board stricly to condemn our views! Surpirsed you are not french with such a spineless move!
I don't just condemn your views, I've gone in other threads as well and expressed my opinion...I just think that for the most part...people in here are really close minded and in no case want to debate a view that is contrary to theirs...that is what you like to call Anti-american. Whats the point in always agreeing with you? What would either of us learn? If you can't have debates on anything because you think it's being anti-american than I'm really sorry. The matter of the fact is that most of the threads are either pro-american or bashing on europe and France. It's not fun if their is no one to defend (when that can be done)...

Sir Evil said:
Really? I am one of the more friendly ones for the most part! What's sad is that you are coming from the UK and joined a US message board stricly to condemn our views! Surpirsed you are not french with such a spineless move!

SE she is French.Only in the UK studying english.Thats why he never answered your question.Just thought id clear that up.

krisy said:
I'm not finding anything that says they knew she was on board. If rumors are true,maybe ransom should not have been negotiated without first telling the U.S. what was going on. Also,the soldiers say they were flashing lights and waving hands. Those SS agents knew those were American soldiers that would not hurt them-their ally-so why did they not stop?
"Sgrena: The driver had spoken twice to the embassy and to Italy that we were on our way to the airport
We were less than a kilometre [from the airport]... when... I remember there was shooting
The driver began screaming that we were Italian
We weren't going particularly fast given that type of situation
"

Obviously the soldiers around the airport would have been informed...
If the soldiers weren't infomed than thats the fault of the embassy, or American officials...I don't see how the embassy wouldn't have let the american troops know she was on her way...there is no way

Let me see if I understand this story . After years of anti American , anti Iraqi war crap from the communist ultra left wing rag Il Manifesto , one of their star reporters gets abducted by unknown gunmen near Bagdad University .After 2 weeks in captivity she appears on TV convincingly pleading for not only her life but the exit of the Italian soldiers from Iraq . After a donation ...err .. I mean a ransom of up to 8 million euros she is released but only after her trustworthy captures tell her to be wary of those awful Americans that would rather her dead than to be released unharmed . Oh yes , Italy's Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi , an ally of America , is up for re-election .
If the American soldiers wanted her taken out , why is she alive and spreading her bullshit to the world . If there was a rain of fire on the car ( a pile of shit little miniature euro car no doubt)how did the driver make it out alive , why didn't the "car" blow up ?
I know that the Euros aren't very curious and will believe almost anything bad about the hated Americans , but really . They also believe that they will fly around on an airliner with coctail bars , gymnasiums and maybe even a pool , safely. . . you clowns are idiots .

j07950 said:
I don't just condemn your views, I've gone in other threads as well and expressed my opinion...I just think that for the most part...people in here are really close minded and in no case want to debate a view that is contrary to theirs...that is what you like to call Anti-american. Whats the point in always agreeing with you? What would either of us learn? If you can't have debates on anything because you think it's being anti-american than I'm really sorry. The matter of the fact is that most of the threads are either pro-american or bashing on europe and France. It's not fun if their is no one to defend (when that can be done)...

DO you understand what kind of shit the American people have to listen to on a daily basis. Constant battering from other countries,comparing our President to Hitler. That is what I call failure to debate. No one says you always have to agree,but it isn't disagreements that get Americans so pissed off,it's the in style American bashing that goes on around the world. But they always come back when they need something-don't they?

j07950 said:
"Sgrena: The driver had spoken twice to the embassy and to Italy that we were on our way to the airport
We were less than a kilometre [from the airport]... when... I remember there was shooting
The driver began screaming that we were Italian
We weren't going particularly fast given that type of situation
"

Obviously the soldiers around the airport would have been informed...
If the soldiers weren't infomed than thats the fault of the embassy, or American officials...I don't see how the embassy wouldn't have let the american troops know she was on her way...there is no way

Maybe a communication problem,or maybe they were just flat out doing what they shouldn't have been. Speeding through a checkpoint. Were they being chased? I don't see that anywhere. Or maybe they were trying to get through fast enough because a ransom had been paid and no one knew anything about it.

Sir Evil said:
Thanks Taff, now it's a little clearer were the attitude comes from! All american are no good because his countries leader supported the Saddam regime and we took it out so the money funnel is gone! :rolleyes:
It's funny how you guys all have the same speech...it's getting really sad...is that all you can come up with?

Plus like I said before, I grew up in New Jersey so I've had the best of both world...attitude?!

j07950 said:
It's funny how you guys all have the same speech...it's getting really sad...is that all you can come up with?

Plus like I said before, I grew up in New Jersey so I've had the best of both world...attitude?!

I haven't seen you come up with anything too special. Don't deny the "attitude" that the U.S. gets from around the world,because that is what it is. Itall goes back to us having a Conservative President. Europe is Liberal and the middle east-well,they just hate everyone.

krisy said:
Maybe a communication problem,or maybe they were just flat out doing what they shouldn't have been. Speeding through a checkpoint. Were they being chased? I don't see that anywhere. Or maybe they were trying to get through fast enough because a ransom had been paid and no one knew anything about it.
Well who are we to believe about the speeding, she says they weren't and the soldiers say they were. She says that they just started shooting, the soldiers say they told them to stop...who really know. Like I said mistakes happen. But I think like you said there obviously was a communication problem...either they knew or they didn't know she was on her way...

krisy said:
I haven't seen you come up with anything too special. Don't deny the "attitude" that the U.S. gets from around the world,because that is what it is. Itall goes back to us having a Conservative President. Europe is Liberal and the middle east-well,they just hate everyone.
No I totally agree that the US gets a lot of underserved crap...thats for sure...but so does Europe and particularly France, especially on this message board...with a passion it seems...

Sir Evil said:
Hey I'm from Jersey myself, too bad you weren't still here cause I'd have to kick your ass! :D
Really? Where from???
I was around Morris Town, lived in Morrisplains...went to Whippany Park High School...

j07950 said:
Well who are we to believe about the speeding, she says they weren't and the soldiers say they were. She says that they just started shooting, the soldiers say they told them to stop...who really know. Like I said mistakes happen. But I think like you said there obviously was a communication problem...either they knew or they didn't know she was on her way...

Maybe. But I don't see this anywhere being the soldiers' fault. They did their jobs-period. I would just suggest that you not be too naieve about a far left wing journalist. She is trying to spread more hate toward the U.S.

j07950 said:
Yep thats all u do here...beat up on other people who don't share the same righty views as you...kind of sad...
You don't even want to debate...you just insult...
Being British I would guess that you have never fired a gun . Do you think it is easy to shoot tires out from under a moving car . If they were shot out do you really believe that would have stopped the car ? The soldiers did say they were shooting for the engine block , that is what would have stopped the car .
The story is bullshit , the commies are lying . The kidnapping was probably faked in order to get some money to the terrorist .

j07950 said:

Your writing from the UK, saying you grew up in the USA.Sounds like your embarressed to be French.

taff said:
Your writing from the UK, saying you grew up in the USA.Sounds like your embarressed to be French.
Not embarrased to be French...just not bothered...I don't really assimilate myself to anything...neither totally french, nor british, nor american.

The speed is not important, because :

The US soldiers are in Iraq to keep the peace, aren't they ?

So, when a car is driven to a US checkpoint, it is not necessary a terrorist car. And even if the car's seppd was high, it was not a reason to shot. Why ? j07950 said it, the US soldiers should had to shot in the tires, not necessary in the car glass to kill some guys.
Their job - US troops - is to keep peace, but the problem - at least for the soldiers in this checkpoint - is that some of the soldiers are too much nervous, affraid, and they shot on everything who can be suspect.
the sentence : "shoot first, look after" is not a good moto when you'r job is the peace.
If the US soldiers would have shot in the tires : the cars would have stop, and then the US soldiers would have went to the cars, saw that it was an italian convoy, and then, no problem.

So, What I mentionnedin my first posthere was right, the speed, who cares ? the US soldfiers job is not to kill and to shoot everywhere, but to keep the peace. It is hard, so if the US soldiers destroy the peace too, it won't be the end soon...

THat's what I say.

the facts are on my sides : how many civilians, haw many british soldiers killed by the US armied forces ?

British and French soldiers are more able to do a such job, look at Yougoslavia.

j07950 said:
No I totally agree that the US gets a lot of underserved crap...thats for sure...but so does Europe and particularly France, especially on this message board...with a passion it seems...

Europe and France don't get picked on for no reason. We are told we are ignorant for being patriotic,for agreeing with our president. I figure if Europe was so high and mighty-they would be the most powerful place on earth. We are supposed to be ashamed of our accomplishments,forget it!! That's what they imply IMO

padisha emperor said:

So, when a car is driven to a US checkpoint, it is not necessary a terrorist car. And even if the car's seppd was high, it was not a reason to shot. Why ? j07950 said it, the US soldiers should had to shot in the tires, not necessary in the car glass to kill some guys.
Their job - US troops - is to keep peace, but the problem - at least for the soldiers in this checkpoint - is that some of the soldiers are too much nervous, affraid, and they shot on everything who can be suspect.
the sentence : "shoot first, look after" is not a good moto when you'r job is the peace.
If the US soldiers would have shot in the tires : the cars would have stop, and then the US soldiers would have went to the cars, saw that it was an italian convoy, and then, no problem.

So, What I mentionnedin my first posthere was right, the speed, who cares ? the US soldfiers job is not to kill and to shoot everywhere, but to keep the peace. It is hard, so if the US soldiers destroy the peace too, it won't be the end soon...

THat's what I say.

the facts are on my sides : how many civilians, haw many british soldiers killed by the US armied forces ?

British and French soldiers are more able to do a such job, look at Yougoslavia.

Fait gaffe a ce que tu dis...ils vont t'attaquer plus vite que tu le pense...c'est repartis, je le sens...

krisy said:
Europe and France don't get picked on for no reason. We are told we are ignorant for being patriotic,for agreeing with our president. I figure if Europe was so high and mighty-they would be the most powerful place on earth. We are supposed to be ashamed of our accomplishments,forget it!! That's what they imply IMO
I think that neither europe or the US is flawless...there are always problems and different political views between the two...bashing on each others countries sure does no good...

padisha emperor said:

THat's what I say.

Give me a breaky-that's what I say!!!

You are ignoring the fact that they were told to STOP!!! My 4 year old knows what that means. It is laughable at least that French soldiers could "do such a job". :duh3:

Forum List

Back