It Was Done on Tobacco. It Can Be Done on Guns.

I do not live in fear
I do not have boogie men coming to get me

Here is one for you......if you have a gun, what if the bad guy has a bigger gun?

This family didn't live in fear either....they didn't have a boogie man coming to get them....they did have two convicted criminals follow the wife and the daughter home from the grocery store........and then rape and murder them.......
And if they only had a gun....
More fantasy. Let three women get involved in a shootout with three convicted criminals.....you get three dead women

Only cowards need guns for protection

Yes....now you are talking out of your ass.....something left wingers seem to be born doing....

Your argument is stupid....and shown to be stupid....now you respond with something even more stupid...
Hardly....I don't need no gun to be a tough guy

Being tough is an attitude....the bad guys know us and they leave us alone

Yes.....you have no real answer to the issue in this thread.....now you have to play games to cover your stupidity.....
I'm not the loser who needs a gun under his pillow

I have a concealed carry license, avid outdoors man, don't choose to carry, posses hand guns for home defense, it's my choice, so what gives you the right to tell me how to live my life? I don't have faith in local law enforcement to protect my family nor do I believe the judicial system has what it takes to keep violent offenders off the street.
All the laws in the world will never stop criminals from obtaining and using guns. Only a naive idiot believes otherwise.

How did that shooter get 20 guns in his hotel room? It's been reported they included .223 and .308 calibers.

How did that shooter get 20 guns in his hotel room? It's been reported they included .223 and .308 calibers.
no metal detectors at the doors where one walks in. Do you think they stop people with luggage at a hotel and check inside their bags like at the customs points in an airport? LOL do you see yourself when you look in a mirrior? do you laugh?

It's called "breaking the law". It's where you don't follow the laws. You buy guns smuggled illegally, and move to a gun free zone illegally.

When you don't follow the law, you can do pretty much anything. It's kind of like how banning drugs, hasn't stopped drugs from being virtually everywhere.

It's like the federal law making schools drug free zones. That's why you never see illegal drugs at schools.... ever..... right?

The NRA wont even allow gun violence to be studied. They hate Americans!

It Was Done on Tobacco. It Can Be Done on Guns
Comparative baseline = "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to chew and smoke tobacco, shall not be infringed."

Crazy Pat Robertson says Vegas attack is due to people's "disrespect" of Trump and national anthem

By Dennis A. Henigan

The American people can overcome the gun lobby, but only if we confront, and expose, three myths that have long dominated the gun debate and given the politicians a ready excuse for inaction.

First, we must not let the opponents of reform get away with the empty bromide that "guns don't kill people, people kill people." Does any rational person really believe that the Sandy Hook killer could have murdered twenty-seven people in minutes with a knife or a baseball bat? Guns enable people to kill, more effectively and efficiently than any other widely available weapon.

Second, we must challenge the idea that no law can prevent violent people from getting guns. This canard is refuted by the experience of every other western industrialized nation. Their violent crime rates are comparable to ours. But their homicide rates are exponentially lower because their strong gun laws make it harder for violent individuals to get guns.

Third, we must not accept the notion that our Constitution condemns us to the continued slaughter of our children. It is true that the Supreme Court has expanded gun rights in recent years; it is equally true that the Court has insisted that the right allows for reasonable restrictions. In his opinion in the Heller Second Amendment case, Justice Scalia listed restrictions on "dangerous and unusual weapons" among the kinds of gun laws that are still "presumptively lawful." Assault weapons that fire scores of rounds without reloading surely are "dangerous and unusual."

The tobacco control movement overcame some equally powerful mythology to fundamentally alter American attitudes toward tobacco products. The tobacco industry's effort to sow confusion and uncertainty about the link between smoking and disease eventually was exposed as a fraud. The entrenched view that smoking was simply a bad habit that individuals can choose to break was destroyed by evidence that the tobacco companies knew that nicotine was powerfully addictive and engineered their cigarettes to ensure that people got hooked and stayed hooked. The assumption that smoking harms only the smoker was contradicted by the overwhelming evidence of the danger of second-hand smoke.

Once these myths were exposed, attitudes changed, policies changed and we started saving countless lives. Since youth smoking peaked in the mid-1990s, smoking rates have fallen by about three-fourths among 8th graders, two-thirds among 10th graders and half among 12th graders. A sea change has occurred on the tobacco issue.

Similarly fundamental change can come to the gun issue as well. The myths about gun control, however, still have a hold on too many of our political leaders and their constituents. We will hear them repeated again and again in the coming weeks of intense debate. Every time we hear them, we must respond and we must persuade.

There is too much at stake to be silent.

More: Dennis A. Henigan: It Was Done on Tobacco. It Can Be Done on Guns

Tobacco isn't a Right doofus.....and despite this act of murder.....law abiding people use their lawfully acquired guns to stop people like this guy 1,500,000 times a year.....and over 16.3 million people are now carrying guns for self defense and aren't using them to commit murder....

And in this country we have close to 600 million guns in private hands.......and on Sunday, 599,999,999 million were not used in Las Vegas.......

That is the problem you face.......

Name one gun control law that would have stopped this...

Universal background checks? He passed current federal background checks over and over again, so would pass a universal background check for a private sale without a problem.

Magazine limits? He allegedly used 30 round magazines......he would have used 10 round magazines to the same effect. Since no one could have escaped as he changed magazines.

Registering guns? He would have happily registered all of the guns he had, even the two he used to commit murder.

You hate guns, we get that. Normal people understand that guns are used to save lives when they are used by good people...that is the problem you face with your irrational fear.

Hardcore NRA wingnuts need to be thinking about two words: "Compromise" and "Consensus"...

We compromised....you got background checks...now you want universal background checks.....you said you wanted high capacity magazines banned......knowing full well that that would ban normal magazines for commonly owned pistols....

You guys lie, you will not stop until you get all the guns...you can't be trusted. We compromise, and that simply becomes the next point for your next demand....

Not one more gun, magazine or bullet....

icon.jpg

US_Revolutionary_War_american_musket_loading.jpg

The 2nd Amendment is sooo confusing and obsolete. Trying to live modern life according to the Constitution is much like trying to live modern life according to the Bible. Both are obsolete and subject to vast interpretations. Anyone here belong to a militia? Know anyone who belongs to a militia? I don't...

Forum List

Back