It Might Be A Good Time To Talk About That 3 AM Phone Call..

Look people we have already had a president recently that not only wasn't capable of making responsible judgements at 3 AM but for cryin out loud he sat there in a stupor during the events of 9/11 then continued to read "My Pet Goat" as his first presidential reaction to planes flying into the towers. He had an obssession with attacking Iraq which skewed the intel and got us into a costly and unneccesary war.

Now we have Mittens who has an obvious obssession with winning the presidency. That in itself isn't unreasonable. But ...and a big But... he has failed in his first presidential moment in how he miss enterpreted and then miss used the information on the Lybian and Egyptian incidents in an attempt to gain some political capital.

So I ask in all seriousness.. Do we REALLY want Romney taking that 3 A M phone call that may lead some of our soldiers and possibly our country into harms way?

Yeah Hugg, what should Bush have done? Tell the kids we're being attacked and go into panic mode? Criticising him for that is just a partisan hack, atleast he didnt appologize to the terrorists. He calmly waiting for information, noone knew the extent of it at the time and continued to read to the kids and didnt cause a panic....wow.....

unlike Obama who says nothing all day...and puts out a statement appeasing muslims about respecting their religious feelings, yet never does that to christians in his own country

I actually get a huge chuckle when I read a thread or a story about a member of the left expressing 'concern' over something regarding the military or foreign policy. First of all, the left has nothing but disdain and contempt for the military and America's veterans. For the left, those that have served are considered nothing short of 'stooges' for putting their lives on the line for this country. And secondly, foreign policy is always from the perspective that if someone wants to or actually does something negative to the US, naturally we deserved it. It probably is in response to something horrible that we have done and so therefore, our response should be from that perspective. The left is in a perpetual state of apology, appeasement and retreat.

Barry's entire foreign policy experience has been gained during his four years in the White House. No one was more of an amateur at it than Barry and his cronies at the time of his inauguration or now for that matter. Israel, the Czech Republic, Poland, China, the Sea of Japan, the horn of Africa, Sudan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Medvedev and the Russians, Georgia (the independent nation not the state). I could go on and on about the failures of this administration in foreign policy, but I won't. The only bright spot is Hillary. She has actually turned out to be an adequate Secretary of State and quite frankly if I was Mitt, I would definately seek out her counsel once Barry and his cronies are sent packing back to Bill Ayers and the Reverand Wright. Course, Hillary gets her marching orders from Barry and his lackies. She doesn't have much to work with.

Two weeks ago, a small story buried at the back of the days news spoke of the execution of two hostages by the pirates in Somalia. The two people they executed had been held for six months and no 'adequate' response was received regarding their ransom. The article went on to say that after several years of decline, the number of hijacks by pirates around the horn had increased. The reason? The US Navy has had to pull ships from the multi-national force patrolling here because of course, there are not enough men, money or ships to keep them there. We are below 300 ships and falling rapidly. The days of a 600 ship or even a 500 ship navy during the Reagan and Bush years is nothing but a fond memory.

Hopefully, God willing and the creeks don't rise, it will be Mitt Romney who would take that call, if there are any calls to take. And hopefully, Mitt can restore some sanity to the levels of defense spending.

Course for entertainment we can always look to Harry Reid and the Senate Democrats to surrender almost instantly at the sign of trouble...

Liberal have been known to spit on, curse at and denigrate and mock returning Viet Nam veterans.

Of course they always honored those who threw away their Purple Hearts which they received for self-indicted wounds.

Well....that is true....if it were fact and not just your right wing Nationalist paranoia.....Just like dehumanizing all Muslims for the actions of a few....you'd rather take the lazy and easier route of calling Russia a "rabid dog" than to work with them to achieve a solution that works for all.

This is the same ideology that made that film that the Middle East is so pissed off about.

Once you numbnuts realize that Our Beloved Country(and I truly mean that) is not the only one on the planet and that all of those "other" countries have the right and responsibility to look out for their interests too.....AND that those "other" countries aren't our subjects to be whipped into submission at our discretion when they do or say something we don't like? The whole world will be better off.
I realize that other countries have the right to prosper. They do not have the right to attack and kill American citizens, that is the difference between us and them, we are more civilized.

yeah....unless they have resources we covet.....then all bets are off.

The United States have more energy resources than the Arab world.

I actually get a huge chuckle when I read a thread or a story about a member of the left expressing 'concern' over something regarding the military or foreign policy. First of all, the left has nothing but disdain and contempt for the military and America's veterans. For the left, those that have served are considered nothing short of 'stooges' for putting their lives on the line for this country. And secondly, foreign policy is always from the perspective that if someone wants to or actually does something negative to the US, naturally we deserved it. It probably is in response to something horrible that we have done and so therefore, our response should be from that perspective. The left is in a perpetual state of apology, appeasement and retreat.

Barry's entire foreign policy experience has been gained during his four years in the White House. No one was more of an amateur at it than Barry and his cronies at the time of his inauguration or now for that matter. Israel, the Czech Republic, Poland, China, the Sea of Japan, the horn of Africa, Sudan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Medvedev and the Russians, Georgia (the independent nation not the state). I could go on and on about the failures of this administration in foreign policy, but I won't. The only bright spot is Hillary. She has actually turned out to be an adequate Secretary of State and quite frankly if I was Mitt, I would definately seek out her counsel once Barry and his cronies are sent packing back to Bill Ayers and the Reverand Wright. Course, Hillary gets her marching orders from Barry and his lackies. She doesn't have much to work with.

Two weeks ago, a small story buried at the back of the days news spoke of the execution of two hostages by the pirates in Somalia. The two people they executed had been held for six months and no 'adequate' response was received regarding their ransom. The article went on to say that after several years of decline, the number of hijacks by pirates around the horn had increased. The reason? The US Navy has had to pull ships from the multi-national force patrolling here because of course, there are not enough men, money or ships to keep them there. We are below 300 ships and falling rapidly. The days of a 600 ship or even a 500 ship navy during the Reagan and Bush years is nothing but a fond memory.

Hopefully, God willing and the creeks don't rise, it will be Mitt Romney who would take that call, if there are any calls to take. And hopefully, Mitt can restore some sanity to the levels of defense spending.

Course for entertainment we can always look to Harry Reid and the Senate Democrats to surrender almost instantly at the sign of trouble...

I would agree in all but your assessment of Secretary of State Clinton. She came to State with no foreign policy experience other than what she overheard as First Lady. What she does have is organization skills. She did manage to hire some competent people and a couple good speech writers that make her look good. Where she is lacking is in foresight. She should have known that with the turmoil in Egypt and Libya, the anniversary of 9/11 would be a likely time for attacks on out embassies there.
This lack of foresight and State's support of Muslim Brotherhood over relatively stable governments, shows either her incompetence or that of her boss.

Look people we have already had a president recently that not only wasn't capable of making responsible judgements at 3 AM but for cryin out loud he sat there in a stupor during the events of 9/11 then continued to read "My Pet Goat" as his first presidential reaction to planes flying into the towers. He had an obssession with attacking Iraq which skewed the intel and got us into a costly and unneccesary war.

Now we have Mittens who has an obvious obssession with winning the presidency. That in itself isn't unreasonable. But ...and a big But... he has failed in his first presidential moment in how he miss enterpreted and then miss used the information on the Lybian and Egyptian incidents in an attempt to gain some political capital.

So I ask in all seriousness.. Do we REALLY want Romney taking that 3 A M phone call that may lead some of our soldiers and possibly our country into harms way?

Yeah Hugg, what should Bush have done? Tell the kids we're being attacked and go into panic mode? Criticising him for that is just a partisan hack, atleast he didnt appologize to the terrorists. He calmly waiting for information, noone knew the extent of it at the time and continued to read to the kids and didnt cause a panic....wow.....

unlike Obama who says nothing all day...and puts out a statement appeasing muslims about respecting their religious feelings, yet never does that to christians in his own country

No.. I trust that 6 year olds and certainly their teachers are aware that the president of the United States has vastly more important things to do than take time away from world events to read stories to the youths. THAT is a luxury he cannot participate in all of or in some circumstance any of his time. What I expected him to do was to immediately excuse himself...he doesn't have to make explainations to a pack off 6 year olds.. and take care of one of the most critical security situations our country has ever encountered.

It just seemed like an odd response to a terrorist attack

I would have expected him to excuse himself, get on the phone with trusted security advisors and ask.....What the fuck is going on?

So arranging a sit down with Letterman is a good idea while our ambassador is being killed and our sovereign property is being burned?

Bad things happen in the world every day. Fortunately we have a man in the white house that can take care of our countries business and maintain a sense of perspective and confidence at the same time. I would expect Obama to talk to anyone he choses as he sees fit.

He sure took care of business alright.

Couple of things here, the last time our nation had more than 500 total ships in the US Navy was 1991, in 2000 the Navy's ship level was 318, and it reached a low of 278 in 2007, and is now as of 2011 at 285.

US Ship Force Levels

The current US Navy long term plan through 2042 is to have a force level of 300 ships and has set ship construction levels to that amount.

While it's true the overall DOD Budget is set for a 6% decrease for FY2013 at around 700 plus Billion Dollars that is still almost 250 Billion dollars more than we were spending on Defense in 2001. So to say that DOD cannot be reformed and to simply toss money at DOD without trying take a look at how they spend money is not very wise. Take for example the F-35 JSF, PW makes the primary engine for that fighter and for a while there even though that engine has been tested and qualified for it, and DOD was not asking for it, congress wanted to build a second engine for it made by G.E. which is unwise. I think there is room at DOD to take a look at how they spend money which will benefit the services and deliver to the warfigher the tools needed for the job and ontime. As for Gov. Romney I would have a lot more faith in his ability had I a little more detail other than just tossing money at DOD without any plan behind it.

One last thing...

The House Budget Committee, chaired by Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), has told a veterans' group it is studying a plan to save $6 billion annually in VA health care costs by cancelling enrollment of any veteran who doesn't have a service-related medical condition and is not poor.

Committee Republicans, searching for ways to curb federal deficits and rein in galloping VA costs, are targeting 1.3 million veterans who claim priority group 7 or 8 status and have access to VA care.
VA Care End Eyed for 1.3 Million Vets

In my humble opinion USAF, not all of these men who are running have the best in mind for our nation, or those who defend it and have defended it, be it Mitt Romney or President Obama, and often times what is lost in all this, are the people that actually do the heavy lifting and that is the warfighters themselves, and their families , and personally I would rather see one less F-35 and more benefit to the warfighter, or one less deployment that I would see our nation in places we don't need to defend any longer and use those resources to support the war fighter and their families rather than the contractors .

I actually get a huge chuckle when I read a thread or a story about a member of the left expressing 'concern' over something regarding the military or foreign policy.

Look at all the crank conservatives, raging at what the voices in their heads told them about the dirty liberals. We've got one sputtering some deranged "liberals hate the military!" stupidity. We've got another one who still believes the "liberals spit on Vietnam vets!" urban legend. We've got a couple more parroting out the "Obama apologizes to terrorists" big honkin' lie.

The common factor here is the intellectual cowardice being displayed. These conservatives flail helplessly when they have to address a real liberal, so their only choice to avoid humiliation is to ignore the actual liberals and attack the cartoon liberals they created.

I would have expected him to excuse himself, get on the phone with trusted security advisors and ask.....What the fuck is going on?

So arranging a sit down with Letterman is a good idea while our ambassador is being killed and our sovereign property is being burned?

Bad things happen in the world every day. Fortunately we have a man in the white house that can take care of our countries business and maintain a sense of perspective and confidence at the same time. I would expect Obama to talk to anyone he choses as he sees fit.

Yeah taking care of the country's business in Vegas at a fundraiser, NOW THAT is a high priority, I'd rather him read books to schoolkids, then AFTER shit goes down run to Vegas for a fundraiser.....

Yep Huggy was a republican in his mind....I think he really knows it's the right thing to do, but he cant support them since he wants to marry his boyfriend

The only good reviews Romney got while in his last trip to Europe was from a Israel newspaper that ( rich zillionar Romney donator Sheldon Adleson owns, Israel is getting pretty pissed off at him at the moment.
Stupid Romney might as well just get along with the Countries that hold his money.
http://www.jewishpress.com/news/bre...son-destroying-israels-newspapers/2012/08/14/

Is Sheldon Adelson Destroying Israel’s Newspapers?

Unfortunately, we have complete ineptitude and incompetence in the white house right now.

Once again... the attacks happened on 9/11. Only an idiot would think that there's a coincidence at work. And only a complacent idiot like Obama wouldn't have beefed up security around our embassies on 9/11. So, this dopey film is just an EXCUSE.

But let's say for a moment that it's not. For the purpose of discussion, let's say that's the catalyst. What exactly are you going to do to stop citizens from saying whatever they want? How are you going to accomplish that?

You ever hear of yelling fire in a crowded movie? That is not protected by our Constitution. If it was the movie(notice that in my OP, I used the word "may") that caused our embassies to be attacked and our ambassadors to be killed....then they ought to be held somewhat accountable....inciting a riot?....I don't know....how much potential war causing stupidity do we tolerate?

So... your plan is to suspend free speech in America on the off-chance it'll keep some nutjob overseas from getting his little feelings hurt and becoming homicidal. That right? :eusa_eh:

Here's the problem you're having... Our rights are guaranteed by our U.S. Constitution. You'd need a Constitutional Amendment to abrogate Free Speech. And you won't get one. This is NOT a case of "fire in a crowded theater". A case like that would be about the likelihood of INDIVIDUAL CITIZENS being injured. Your rights stop at my chin, that's true. But we don't limit rights for anything less than that kind of overlapping. You can't even make a slander suit stick unless you can prove damages to an individual citizen.

Oh....so those people that were killed in the embassies weren't individual citizens? Go fuck yourself....you can't THINK past your chin let alone decide where people's rights begin/end.

Unfortunately, we have complete ineptitude and incompetence in the white house right now.

Because this disgruntled butt hurt pack of NeoGOPer christian fascists echo chamber choir boys and girls says so?

You little minded bitch ass punks all have been saying Obama is the worst president EVAH since the day he took office.

Pardon me if this X republican that REALLY knows what you piss ants did to my party doesn't believe a single word that comes out of your stinking lying pie holes.

Unless your last name is "Koch" go fuck yourselves. I like to get my right wing talking points from those that benefit from them. You are just the Koch's stooges. I'd just love to be a fly on the wall when the Kochs talk about their followers when you can't hear them. You little bitches would just cry your eyes out! :lol:

romeny is not ready for prime time.

He proved it by his response to this current attack

before he was president how did Obama prove to you he was?

Obama was a sitting U S Senator. They get a hell of a lot more info than any ex one term governor. Obama established his "chops" on national and international affairs with votes.

romeny is not ready for prime time.

He proved it by his response to this current attack

Obama was a sitting U S Senator. They get a hell of a lot more info than any ex one term governor. Obama established his "chops" on national and international affairs with votes.

Romney was a Community Organizer....In France of all places

go back and check his votes

Don't need to. He wasn't "MY" Senator. I'm sure he voted the way his Illinois constituants wanted him to.

You ever hear of yelling fire in a crowded movie? That is not protected by our Constitution. If it was the movie(notice that in my OP, I used the word "may") that caused our embassies to be attacked and our ambassadors to be killed....then they ought to be held somewhat accountable....inciting a riot?....I don't know....how much potential war causing stupidity do we tolerate?

So... your plan is to suspend free speech in America on the off-chance it'll keep some nutjob overseas from getting his little feelings hurt and becoming homicidal. That right? :eusa_eh:

Here's the problem you're having... Our rights are guaranteed by our U.S. Constitution. You'd need a Constitutional Amendment to abrogate Free Speech. And you won't get one. This is NOT a case of "fire in a crowded theater". A case like that would be about the likelihood of INDIVIDUAL CITIZENS being injured. Your rights stop at my chin, that's true. But we don't limit rights for anything less than that kind of overlapping. You can't even make a slander suit stick unless you can prove damages to an individual citizen.

Oh....so those people that were killed in the embassies weren't individual citizens? Go fuck yourself....you can't THINK past your chin let alone decide where people's rights begin/end.

Hmmm... what do you think might have SAVED those lives? Surely if they just apologized profusely for somebody else's exercise of free speech, rolled over and showed their bellies like a dog showing submission, the Islamist thugs who murdered them wouldn't have done it, right? :rolleyes:
Guess again. What would have stopped those killings is superior force.

We're at war, knothead. Those people want to kill you... you, your family, your kids, your mom. They want you dead. They've been trying to kill you for decades, back since the Clinton administration with the original attacks on the Twin Towers and the U.S.S. Cole. They will NOT stop. Because you can't give them what they want... world domination for their foul ideology.

You fuckers need to figure out who the good guys are and who the bad guys are. And if there's any small consolation regarding those four citizens who lost their lives the other night, it's that they put a big spotlight on your inability to do so.

Hmmm... what do you think might have SAVED those lives? Surely if they just apologized profusely for somebody else's exercise of free speech, rolled over and showed their bellies like a dog showing submission, the Islamist thugs who murdered them wouldn't have done it, right? :rolleyes:
Guess again. What would have stopped those killings is superior force.

We're at war, knothead. Those people want to kill you... you, your family, your kids, your mom. They want you dead. They've been trying to kill you for decades, back since the Clinton administration with the original attacks on the Twin Towers and the U.S.S. Cole. They will NOT stop. Because you can't give them what they want... world domination for their foul ideology.

You fuckers need to figure out who the good guys are and who the bad guys are. And if there's any small consolation regarding those four citizens who lost their lives the other night, it's that they put a big spotlight on your inability to do so.

Perhaps if douchebags like you would grow the fuck up and realize that good guys and bad guys are a subjective idea, this shit never would have happened in the first place......and yes, I am including the douchebags that raided the embassy....you're cut out of the same mold.....what in the fuck do you think their rabble rousers. are telling their people....that we hate them, they want to kill us, our families...our kids, our moms....they don't think they are the "bad guys" they think we are.

THAT'S what your pea brain doesn't get.....it's extremism that is the enemy....black and white thinking...knee jerk reactionisms...in short....YOU and people like you ate part of the fucking problem and may our Lord and Savior JESUS CHRIST have mercy on your soul.

Forum List

Back