It is simply indisputable - we have a severe spending problem

...we have a spending problem. In fact the military goes before Congress all the time...
budgoutlays.png

--and then they go back home empty handed 'cause Congress gave it all to "human resources".

We don't have a spending problem, quite the contrary. Our aggregate demand problems and unemployment need to be solved through fiscal policy structured in a coherent manner. Monetary policy simply won't cut the mustard. We still have a ton of excess capacity that needs to be utilized.

...we have a spending problem. In fact the military goes before Congress all the time...
budgoutlays.png

--and then they go back home empty handed 'cause Congress gave it all to "human resources".

They don't go back empty handed. What a ridiculous thing to say. It doesn't matter if Defense is 1% or 100% of the budget, blatant waste is blatant waste. Obviously it is a significant portion of our spending but I was not making an argument about that.

I would also point out that a lot of spending is Medicare and SS which are supported by their own taxes. This creates challenges relating to how to cut spending that are far more complicated than something as straight forward as the military telling Congress they don't want money and then being given it anyway because they want to get elected.

budgoutlays.png
They don't go back empty handed. What a ridiculous thing to say..
What's ridiculous is suggesting that we can approach the spending problem by avoiding cuts in over 80% of the budget. The Whitehouse website admits that from 2011 to 2012 defense spending was cut by $28 Billion --that's over four percent. Didn't do much good because spending for the other four fifths got cut by just one percent.

Time for all of us to get serious. We got a real world here and we need to deal with it.

Last edited:
What's ridiculous is suggesting that we can approach the spending problem by avoiding cuts in over 80% of the budget. The Whitehouse website admits that from 2011 to 2012 defense spending was cut by $28 Billion. Didn't do a damn bit of good because spending for everything else soared by $174 Billion.

Time for all of us to return to the real world and deal with it.

I didn't suggest we could avoid cuts in over 80% of the budget. I did suggest that Congress is regularly told by the military that they can save money with no cost to performance but Congress refuses out of fear of the economic impact of reducing government spending.

When I say something that is obviously a true fact and you act like I said something wrong I am not confident that we can expand the conversation beyond just the facts present. Establishing the facts should be the easy part.

budgoutlays.png

They don't go back empty handed. What a ridiculous thing to say. It doesn't matter if Defense is 1% or 100% of the budget, blatant waste is blatant waste. Obviously it is a significant portion of our spending but I was not making an argument about that.

I would also point out that a lot of spending is Medicare and SS which are supported by their own taxes. This creates challenges relating to how to cut spending that are far more complicated than something as straight forward as the military telling Congress they don't want money and then being given it anyway because they want to get elected.

You're right - "blatant waste is blatant waste". And government welfare, Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, are the most egregious and deplorable forms of government waste. It takes from producers and funnels money to parasites who are nothing but a drag on society.

Defense isn't even 1% of the spending problem in this country and even the ignorant liberals know it.

What's ridiculous is suggesting that we can approach the spending problem by avoiding cuts in over 80% of the budget. The Whitehouse website admits that from 2011 to 2012 defense spending was cut by $28 Billion. Didn't do a damn bit of good because spending for everything else soared by $174 Billion.

I didn't suggest we could avoid cuts in over 80% of the budget. I did suggest that Congress is regularly told by the military that they can save money with no cost to performance but Congress refuses out of fear of the economic impact of reducing government spending.

When I say something that is obviously a true fact and you act like I said something wrong I am not confident that we can expand the conversation beyond just the facts present. Establishing the facts should be the easy part.

When has the military ever said that to Congress?!? That's so absurd it defies logic. I have no doubt the military could survive with a small cut. But it's pure ignorant libtard lies to believe that the military would ever actually admit that. Please, provide me a link that is not from a radical left-wing circle jerk like ThinkProgress or Media Matters.

How about we close down about half of our over sea's bases.

Why kill r@d, science, infrastructure and education that benefits the American people?

Because we have investments to protect. Reagan put us in the world economy.

Why kill r@d, science, infrastructure and education that benefits the American people?

Because those military bases not only benefit America a billion times more than the absurd items you mentioned (roads? really? fuck'n roads vs. freedom?!?), but they are also the Constitutional responsibility of the federal government, while roads and science are not [MENTION=22889]Matthew[/MENTION].

If science is so important to you, why don't you stop hoarding your wealth, open up your wallet, and you find the sciences. That's how this country was intended to run. If you want Cuban-communism, then go to Cuba.

There is no doubt that we have a spending problem. In fact the military goes before Congress all the time telling them that they can save them money but Congress refuses because they treat all spending, especially military spending, like it is an entitlement or pork.

Both parties do this because voters demand that they do.

We have an income problem.

budgoutlays.png

You're right - "blatant waste is blatant waste". And government welfare, Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, are the most egregious and deplorable forms of government waste. It takes from producers and funnels money to parasites who are nothing but a drag on society.

Defense isn't even 1% of the spending problem in this country and even the ignorant liberals know it.

Aren't the producers you write of the collectors of welfare, Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security?

Because those military bases not only benefit America a billion times more than the absurd items you mentioned (roads? really? fuck'n roads vs. freedom?!?), but they are also the Constitutional responsibility of the federal government, while roads and science are not [MENTION=22889]Matthew[/MENTION].

If science is so important to you, why don't you stop hoarding your wealth, open up your wallet, and you find the sciences. That's how this country was intended to run. If you want Cuban-communism, then go to Cuba.

My jaw is literally on the floor over the liberals inability to suggest anything other than "federal government", "invest", and "infrastructure". It's the most juvenile, ignorant, and tired Dumbocrat talking point and it is the only suggestion they have had for over 100 years now.

They don't even know what the word "infrastructure" means but they know it sounds "fancy" in their minds and since it is the only taking point libtards have on their little libtard websites, they all parrot it out of a lack of original thoughts and ideas.

Look at me - I is a smart liberul! I have a solootion to today's problems - have the federal government "invest" in "infrastructure"! When asked when infrastructure means they can only respond "roads, bridges, and little choo-choo's".

My God these people are simply unbelievable.

Aren't the producers you write of the collectors of welfare, Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security?

Producers collect welfare and medicaid in your mind? Really? :cuckoo:

1. Cut oversea's bases about 50%

The bases exist to ensure you have the freedom to keep hating America. Cut welfare by 100%, medicaid by 100%, food stamps by 100%, government housing by 100%, and the other $1 trillion in pure, unadulterated communism by 100% and we will have no problems in this country.

2. End the 85 billion per month to wall street bail-out

I absolutely agree with you 100% on this one. Private industry receiving government bailouts or subsidies is unacceptable (*note that tax breaks are not "subsidies" - being able to keep more of what was already yours is simply not a "subsidy" no matter how demented Inez's view is).

3. Tighten benefits on the abled....Like only 30 weeks of unemployment.

How about 0 weeks of unemployment? How about each person "invest" (liberals favorite term) in their own unemployment insurance policy? If they want 30 weeks, they pay for it out of their own pocket. If they want 50 weeks, they pay for it out of their own pocket.

R@d, science and education are the three reasons why we're rich.

No, they're not. Not at all. Not even a little. The fact that you believe that is a profound illustration of just how much you do not understand basic economics.

America became the super power it did because of economic freedom. Because we had previously created an environment for prosperity by ensuring those who took great risk and succeeded would be rewarded. Sadly, the spread-the-wealth communist Dumbocrats have destroyed that. As Warren Buffet said recently "money flows towards opportunity". And there are no opportunities in communism.

There is no doubt that we have a spending problem. In fact the military goes before Congress all the time telling them that they can save them money but Congress refuses because they treat all spending, especially military spending, like it is an entitlement or pork.

Both parties do this because voters demand that they do.

We have an income problem.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

You mentioned a lot of large programs that impact a lot of people and declared they are examples of deplorable waste without providing any evidence at all. There is also a clear moral reason for why some of the programs you mentioned exist.

For example Medicaid helps provide aid to sick children. There is a clear moral reason to provide this care. There is also an economic one as these children will be the producers of the future.

I know some people blindly follow ideologies where government spending is bad an inefficient but they never really want to talk about how expensive it is to have people unemployed or in jail or disabled.

When has the military ever said that to Congress?!? That's so absurd it defies logic. I have no doubt the military could survive with a small cut. But it's pure ignorant libtard lies to believe that the military would ever actually admit that. Please, provide me a link that is not from a radical left-wing circle jerk like ThinkProgress or Media Matters.

Gates talks about it in his book. It is hardly news.

/boggle

Further indisputable evidence that we have a spending problem...

[ame=http://youtu.be/pNG3IAKCUSM]Groundhog Day: Debt Limit - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back