It is outrageous that the Trump campaign used data mining.

This has already been spoken of.

The article itself acknowledges that Obama's campaign ASKED the people for permission and that permission was given.

Those working for Trump did NOT gain that permission.

MASSIVE DIFFERENT for anyone with their eyes open.
Thanks for saving me the typing.
Huge difference, but it's really just the B B B BUT OBAMA syndrome in action. Again.
Wrong.

It is 100% partisan hypocrisy
No. ASKED for permission, EXPLAINED what was going to happen and WHY.
Please explain how that is the same as what Cambridge Analytica did.
asked who for permission?

The people who downloaded the app. It's not that hard, is it?

The article itself acknowledges that Obama's campaign ASKED the people for permission and that permission was given.

Huge difference, but it's really just the B B B BUT OBAMA syndrome in action. Again.
Wrong.

This thread isn't about Cambridge. It's about Trump and Obama. Do try to keep up if you can.

Okay. Have you figured out the difference in how the data was obtained? Do you now understand that the Obama campaign obtained the data legally while Cambridge did not?

Wrong.

This thread isn't about Cambridge. It's about Trump and Obama. Do try to keep up if you can.

Okay. Have you figured out the difference in how the data was obtained? Do you now understand that the Obama campaign obtained the data legally while Cambridge did not?
This thread is not about Cambridge.

Derp

Why lie? Really, why lie about a simple fact anyone can check. It was an app. The app told you what it was sharing. Pay attention next time so FB doesn't trick you again.

Anyone who believed there online information was private and was not being mined, harvested and bought and sold like a commodity was either naive a fool or both.
It was not bought and sold, it was stolen and used.
Bullshit if you go on Facebook and comment on something someone post and they allow others to see it and give permission for it to be shared it’s not stolen. You have no privacy in the online world I’m sorry if that is shock to a lot people but that’s the reality.
bull crud back at ya!

that's not what happen, dummy!

This professor, who teaches at Cambridge University and at a University in Russia, talked Facebook in to allowing him to Survey 250,000 of their users FOR ACADEMIC RESEARCH,

Those who chose to do the survey were TOLD the survey was for ACADEMIC purposes of Cambridge University.

They were not told that all of their friends and friends friends would become part of this survey as well.

They were lied to about this being for Academic purposes.

This professor took all of their and their friends personal information which ended up being 50 million people and used it for political purpose by directing political marketing ads at them, mostly fake news, and he sold it.....

is my condensed short story understanding of it.....

there is more to it... like AFTER Obama had done it, (but at least with the people who signed up's permission), facebook changed their rules as well.
Also, facebook got an affidavit from Cambridge Analitica saying they destroyed the illegally gotten info, when CA had not, back in 2015.... and FB never followed thru...to make certain....

and all kinds of other stuff tied in to the scandal....

Wrong.

This thread is not about Cambridge.

Derp

It's about you trying to make some sort of equivalence between the Obama campaign legally obtaining data and the company (Cambridge) the Trump campaign used doing it illegally. Do you now comprehend the difference between getting the data legally and illegally?

It is outrageous that the Trump campaign used data mining.

Duh, they misused data mining

Another airhead leftist who thinks your SOCIAL MEDIA information is private. I hope you're hot, Pocahontas. The only way you're earning a living is on your back.

Then again this isn't a real standard for you ...

Liberal media didn’t think data mining was so bad when Obama’s campaign did it

And for God sakes, if you're so stupid you don't understand that SOCIAL MEDIA information isn't private, at least do your kids a solid and tell them not to put anything in facebook they don't want public

Anyone who believed there online information was private and was not being mined, harvested and bought and sold like a commodity was either naive a fool or both.
Bullshit if you go on Facebook and comment on something someone post and they allow others to see it and give permission for it to be shared it’s not stolen. You have no privacy in the online world I’m sorry if that is shock to a lot people but that’s the reality.
bull crud back at ya!

that's not what happen, dummy!

This professor, who teaches at Cambridge University and at a University in Russia, talked Facebook in to allowing him to Survey 250,000 of their users FOR ACADEMIC RESEARCH,

Those who chose to do the survey were TOLD the survey was for ACADEMIC purposes of Cambridge University.

They were not told that all of their friends and friends friends would become part of this survey as well.

They were lied to about this being for Academic purposes.

This professor took all of their and their friends personal information which ended up being 50 million people and used it for political purpose by directing political marketing ads at them, mostly fake news, and he sold it.....

is my condensed short story understanding of it.....

there is more to it... like AFTER Obama had done it, (but at least with the people who signed up's permission), facebook changed their rules as well.
Also, facebook got an affidavit from Cambridge Analitica saying they destroyed the illegally gotten info, when CA had not, back in 2015.... and FB never followed thru...to make certain....

and all kinds of other stuff tied in to the scandal....

OMG, another ditzy chick.

Care4Leftists

- Giving money to the CLINTON FOUNDATION isn't giving the Clintons money

- The Federal Gun Free School Zone Legislation isn't Federal it's State

- Your SOCIAL MEDIA information is private

:113::113::113::113::113::113:

Yeah girl, and when a guy tells you four inches is ten ... well ...

:290968001256257790-final:

DY5bKP3WsAAHvMC.jpg

Hey Pocahontas, Obama says you're a fucking retard who no one would take seriously

Wrong.

Nope, that's not true. Read the article.

It was a scam.

They requested information under a false pretense.

I guess you like fraud because you obviously voted for one.

Wrong.

It is about dumbfucks like you who are too Gd dmn stupid to know the difference between the honesty of Obama & the Fraud called Trump.

Wrong.

It is about dumbfucks like you who are too Gd dmn stupid to know the difference between the honesty of Obama & the Fraud called Trump.
Hahahahahahahaha

The funniest part is you actually believe what you just wrote.

MSM:

GOOD= When Dimocrats mine Facebook for data to help their campaigns.

BAD= When Republicans mine Facebook for data to help their campaigns.

Wrong.

How dare a Republican think they can use media resources like they were a Democrat or something

Wrong.

How dare a Republican think they can use media resources like they were a Democrat or something

Democrats used the data they obtained legally. Cambridge used data obtained illegally. A car thief drives a car but not all who drive cars are thieves.

Wrong.

Democrats used the data they obtained legally. Cambridge used data obtained illegally. A car thief drives a car but not all who drive cars are thieves.
Trump wasn't driving the car.

If you buy stolen goods from a second hand store or wherever does that then make you a thief? What about that diamond ring on Ebay that you had no idea was stolen? Are you now an accomplice?

Surely your brain can figure this out.

Wrong.

There was nothing illegal about how Cambridge Analytica obtained the data.

Wrong.

I don't know if there was or wasn't but ultimately that is not relevant to this thread. This thread is about Trump & Obama doing the same thing but being held to different standards.

Wrong.

I don't know if there was or wasn't but ultimately that is not relevant to this thread. This thread is about Trump & Obama doing the same thing but being held to different standards.

If CA had done something illegal then that would be a good reason to have different reactions. But the method of obtaining Facebook data was virtually identical in both instances. The only difference is a purely technical one.

Forum List

Back