It is outrageous that the Trump campaign used data mining.

There are lots of people who make a good living off Facebook data. Now the Dems want to screw that up.

Anyone who believed there online information was private and was not being mined, harvested and bought and sold like a commodity was either naive a fool or both.
It was not bought and sold, it was stolen and used.
Bullshit if you go on Facebook and comment on something someone post and they allow others to see it and give permission for it to be shared it’s not stolen. You have no privacy in the online world I’m sorry if that is shock to a lot people but that’s the reality.

Anyone who believed there online information was private and was not being mined, harvested and bought and sold like a commodity was either naive a fool or both.
Bullshit if you go on Facebook and comment on something someone post and they allow others to see it and give permission for it to be shared it’s not stolen. You have no privacy in the online world I’m sorry if that is shock to a lot people but that’s the reality.

Care4leftists - what do you mean? My SOCIAL MEDIA information is private, isn't it?

She drools a lot. You wonder how these people dress themselves in the morning.

I put nothing on facebook that isn't in my linked in account already specifically FOR people to see. I post nothing political ever. I put no personal information at all. I view photos from the family and friends and coo about the kids, who I adore. Specifically because I'm not a dumb ass who thinks it's private when I post on SOCIAL MEDIA

This has already been spoken of.

The article itself acknowledges that Obama's campaign ASKED the people for permission and that permission was given.

Those working for Trump did NOT gain that permission.

MASSIVE DIFFERENT for anyone with their eyes open.

It always cracks me up when a leftist is so dim witted that you think your SOCIAL MEDIA information is private. I mean my God ...

They're not the sharpest tools in the shed...

The article itself acknowledges that Obama's campaign ASKED the people for permission and that permission was given.

It always cracks me up when a leftist is so dim witted that you think your SOCIAL MEDIA information is private. I mean my God ...
Reagan destroyed our right to privacy with his Executive Order 12333

Allowing the intelligence agencies to share data? Explain

Wrong! They record as much data as possible on every American. Bush knew who, what, where, when & why we would be attacked before 9/11 & let it happen, You worship repubtards! Your guns did not protect our rights or prevent tyranny!
Gee, how'd he know all that? Are you sure?

Of course you, being a fucking Trumnpette, don't care if that s-data was not collected following the rules.,

And you don't give a shit if that data went to Russia to help Trump.

Are you really this fucking stupid?
The only thing I don't give a shit about in this thread is your ill informed triggered opinion.

Thanks for saving me the typing.
Huge difference, but it's really just the B B B BUT OBAMA syndrome in action. Again.
Wrong.

It is 100% partisan hypocrisy
No. ASKED for permission, EXPLAINED what was going to happen and WHY.
Please explain how that is the same as what Cambridge Analytica did.

Huge difference, but it's really just the B B B BUT OBAMA syndrome in action. Again.
Wrong.

This thread isn't about Cambridge. It's about Trump and Obama. Do try to keep up if you can.

Then why did they go to the trouble of entrapping an original group with a quiz, then expanding to their friends? Why not just randomly select a few million FB users and "data mine" without telling them. Read their stuff, etc. I don't think you can get in unless you're "friended," can you? That's why they did it. To gain access. All without telling them.

Wrong.

This thread isn't about Cambridge. It's about Trump and Obama. Do try to keep up if you can.

Data mining is a fact of life it only stands to reason it would eventually be used politically and both sides are guilty of it

Then why did they go to the trouble of entrapping an original group with a quiz, then expanding to their friends? Why not just randomly select a few million FB users and "data mine" without telling them. Read their stuff, etc. I don't think you can get in unless you're "friended," can you? That's why they did it. To gain access. All without telling them.

Whateve... Facebookers are a pathetic lot.

If I go on Facebook and post an article that is negative about a Democrat and a friend of mine shares it it says they shared a link posted by me. If my friend gives permission for some group to access their Facebook page anything I have posted that they have shared these people have access to and they never had to look at my page to get it and they didn’t steal anything because they had permission from my friend to see what was on their page.

The only real difference is that Cambridge Analytica used an inbetween layer. Either way, the problem isn't that they did it, the problem is that we live in a post-privacy world where nobody has any meaningful rights anymore.

The only reason CA's approach technically was a violation of Facebook's rules is because Facebook wants to control access to the data so they can make more profit from it. They don't care about your privacy, and you don't care about it either if you're using Facebook.

The bride has a couple of friends she's no longer as close to as once due to their seeming addiction to FB. She's scrolled me through one's generally inane posts that go one all day, complete with complaints about having to temporarily halt for an appointment, pick a kid up somewhere, etc.

Wouldn't have believed someone could get that wrapped up in it if I hadn't seen it.

Wrong.

asked who for permission?

what is it that they got and how was it used?

obummmer asked what people for permission?

The people on Facebook they took information from. They made a facebook app, you wanted to download the app it basically tells you if you agree to this app using your information. You have to click yes to get the app.

Forum List

Back