It is certainly true that those who support abortion are monsters...

It is certainly true that those who oppose legal abortion are monsters, and they are stupid monsters for thinking that outlawing abortion will actually end abortion. It will only relegate abortion to the underground, unsanitary, unqualified practitioners who do not have access to proper medical facilities and equipment putting women at enormous risk.

Lets just set the debate about when life begins, whether or not it is a matter of privacy rights, and false equivalency logical fallacies comparing it to murder. The fact is that legal or not, women will have abortions for various reasons, Why not channel the energy in ways that reduce the demand and need for abortion, of which there are many?

I would really like to know how many of the people here who rail against abortion are willing to support the direction of resources to programs that prevent unwanted pregnancies and that provide supports to people who might choose to carry a child to term if they knew that help was available. That includes:

Meaningful and comprehensive sex education
Readily available and affordable birth control
Universal health care'
Affordable Housing
Nutritional programs such as food stamps'
Affordable pre school and day care
A living minimum wage
Laws against discrimination.

If you are opposed to any or all of these things but claim to be " pro life" let me tell you something . YOU ARE NOT PRO LIFE . You are a monster, and a stupid, hypocritical monster at that.
I’ve already said before in this thread, on your first period, you send a form into government, what BC you want, gets delivered to your door (or procedure paid for) automatically. Then say bye bye to abortion.

The fact that it still will happen doesn’t make it less than a crime. You could say the exact same thing for murder. But it’s not going to be driven underground to a heavy degree at all. Rare cases here and there, for people that can afford it (it’s going to be stupid expensive, this isn’t Botox injections we’re talking about) and still stupid enough to not use BC. That’s a fair compromise, no excuse for abortion (we’ll allow the .00001% cases of incest and rape). Don’t start with the BC failure shit either, we’re talking 99.9% efficacy rates outside of non-chemical IUDs that are still very effective. (which just means legal lingo for covering our ass if you did not use correctly). If you’re worried about condoms breaking, use lube...way easier problem to solve than getting an abortion. Take your pills, get mirena, use a condom, they’re free and delivered to your door when you need them.

You are dreaming in technicolor if you think that free birth control for all will solve your abortion problem.

BIRTH CONTROL IN THE REAL WORLD DOESN’T AS WELL AS IT DOES IN THE LAB.

More than half the women who get abortions were using birth control when they got pregnant. Every woman I know who used birth control had at least one unplanned pregnancy.

For most of us it’s a “timing issue” and we go ahead with the pregnancy, but as long as Republicans continue their war against working families, poor women will need abortions.
That’s either BS or you got some really dumb friends. I’ve been an RN for over six years now, I know the lit on this shit. So every women you know is not in the 99.9% of people Bc is effective for?

Do you honestly believe that drug companies, who get sued for non-related claims of side effects ALL the time, would still be in business if they claimed it has 99.9% efficacy rate, but half of the 1 million women getting abortions were still getting pregnant?

The failure rates as advertised were achieved in. Controlled experiments under optimum conditions. They’ve never been replicated in “real life” studies. And no me and my friends were not dumb. And when you consider that by age 40, one out of every 4 women in the USA will have an abortion, that’s a huge number of really dumb women by your standards.

It is certainly true that those who oppose legal abortion are monsters, and they are stupid monsters for thinking that outlawing abortion will actually end abortion. It will only relegate abortion to the underground, unsanitary, unqualified practitioners who do not have access to proper medical facilities and equipment putting women at enormous risk.

Lets just set the debate about when life begins, whether or not it is a matter of privacy rights, and false equivalency logical fallacies comparing it to murder. The fact is that legal or not, women will have abortions for various reasons, Why not channel the energy in ways that reduce the demand and need for abortion, of which there are many?

I would really like to know how many of the people here who rail against abortion are willing to support the direction of resources to programs that prevent unwanted pregnancies and that provide supports to people who might choose to carry a child to term if they knew that help was available. That includes:

Universal health care'
Affordable Housing
A living minimum wage

If you are opposed to any or all of these things but claim to be " pro life" let me tell you something . YOU ARE NOT PRO LIFE . You are a monster, and a stupid, hypocritical monster at that.
I’ve already said before in this thread, on your first period, you send a form into government, what BC you want, gets delivered to your door (or procedure paid for) automatically. Then say bye bye to abortion.

The fact that it still will happen doesn’t make it less than a crime. You could say the exact same thing for murder. But it’s not going to be driven underground to a heavy degree at all. Rare cases here and there, for people that can afford it (it’s going to be stupid expensive, this isn’t Botox injections we’re talking about) and still stupid enough to not use BC. That’s a fair compromise, no excuse for abortion (we’ll allow the .00001% cases of incest and rape). Don’t start with the BC failure shit either, we’re talking 99.9% efficacy rates outside of non-chemical IUDs that are still very effective. (which just means legal lingo for covering our ass if you did not use correctly). If you’re worried about condoms breaking, use lube...way easier problem to solve than getting an abortion. Take your pills, get mirena, use a condom, they’re free and delivered to your door when you need them.

You are dreaming in technicolor if you think that free birth control for all will solve your abortion problem.

More than half the women who get abortions were using birth control when they got pregnant. Every woman I know who used birth control had at least one unplanned pregnancy.

For most of us it’s a “timing issue” and we go ahead with the pregnancy, but as long as Republicans continue their war against working families, poor women will need abortions.
That’s either BS or you got some really dumb friends. I’ve been an RN for over six years now, I know the lit on this shit. So every women you know is not in the 99.9% of people Bc is effective for?

Do you honestly believe that drug companies, who get sued for non-related claims of side effects ALL the time, would still be in business if they claimed it has 99.9% efficacy rate, but half of the 1 million women getting abortions were still getting pregnant?

The failure rates as advertised were achieved in. Controlled experiments under optimum conditions. They’ve never been replicated in “real life” studies. And no me and my friends were not dumb. And when you consider that by age 40, one out of every 4 women in the USA will have an abortion, that’s a huge number of really dumb women by your standards.
There are so many things wrong with this statement. Just stop trying to cite studies, or explain statistics...probably just stay away from science in general. You cannot get pregnant if you do not ovulate. That’s what hormonal birth control stops, ovulation. You can’t have a baby with only 1/2 of the gametes required in the equation. It also messes with the cervix and uterine lining making it even more impossible to get pregnant.

The one out of 4 statement...did they come by that by taking the amount of abortions and dividing that by the number of women in the country. H/o I’ll do the math quick...they did. Should I explain to you what’s wrong with that stat?

Anyway, your claiming that 27 million women that got abortions were on birth control...would it be possible at all that this number is from self reporting stats? And do I need to go into what’s wrong with that?

Right wingers lie about abortion because there is no reasonable defence for their position. Not in law, not in biology, and not in religion.

First of all, this is not a left / right thing. Only a small-minded person looks at issues only through that false dichotomy. Secondly, I'm actually laughing at your statement about prolifers lying, because the entire "pro-choice" movement was founded on lies. Whether or not you have good intentions, you are supporting something evil, something based on numerous lies and slick marketing techniques. Here you go, straight from the horses mouth:

'We fed the public a line of deceit, dishonesty, a fabrication of statistics and figures. We succeeded [in breaking down the laws limiting abortions] because the time was right and the news media cooperated. We sensationalized the effects of illegal abortions, and fabricated polls which indicated that 85% of the public favoured unrestricted abortion, when we knew it was only 5%. We unashamedly lied, and yet our statements were quoted [by the media] as though they had been written in law.’

– Dr Bernard Nathanson, co-founder of NARAL, former abortionist who presided over 75,000 abortions

1dbd09319a2d7d05b2af35e731d9fca5.jpg

“I’m Norma McCorvey, the former Jane Roe of the Roe vs. Wade decision that brought ‘legal’ child killing to America. I was persuaded by feminist attorneys to lie; to say that I was raped, and needed an abortion. It was all a lie. Since then, over 50 million babies have been murdered. I will take this burden to my grave. Please, don’t follow in my mistakes."

– Norma McCorvey ("Jane Roe" of Roe vs. Wade)

"I am dedicated to spending the rest of my life undoing the law that bears my name….. I would like nothing more than to have this law overturned, either by an act of Congress or a reversal in the Supreme Court."

– Norma McCorvey, Testimony before the Subcommittee on the Constitution, Federalism, and Property Rights of the Senate Judiciary Committee, January 1998.

OBIT_MCCORVEY.jpg

"I was trained by a professional marketing director in how to sell abortions over the telephone. He took every one of our receptionists, nurses, and anyone else who would deal with people over the phone through an extensive training period. The object was, when the girl called, to hook the sale so that she wouldn't get an abortion somewhere else, or adopt out her baby, or change her mind. We were doing it for the money."

– Nina Whitten, chief secretary at a Dallas abortion clinic under Dr. Curtis Boyd

“The women are never allowed to look at the ultrasound because we knew that if they so much as heard the heart beat, they wouldn’t want to have an abortion.”

– Dr. Randall “Pro-Choice 1990: Skeletons in the Closet” by David Kuperlain and Mark Masters in Oct “New Dimensions” magazine

"I have seen hundreds of patients in my office who have had abortions and were just lied to by the abortion counselor. Namely 'This is less painful than having a tooth removed. It is not a baby.' Afterwards, the woman sees Life magazine and breaks down and goes into a major depression."

– Psychologist Vincent Rue, quoted in "Abortion Inc" David Kupelian and Jo Ann Gasper, New Dimemsions, October 1991

"We tried to avoid the women seeing them [the fetuses] They always wanted to know the sex, but we lied and said it was too early to tell. It's better for the women to think of the fetus as an 'it.' "

– Abortion clinic worker Norma Eidelman quoted in Rachel Weeping p 34

"Sometimes we lied. A girl might ask what her baby was like at a certain point in the pregnancy: Was it a baby yet? Even as early as 12 weeks a baby is totally formed, he has fingerprints, turns his head, fans his toes, feels pain. But we would say 'It's not a baby yet. It's just tissue, like a clot.'"

– Kathy Sparks told in "The Conversion of Kathy Sparks" by Gloria Williamson, Christian Herald Jan 1986 p 28

12_week_fetus.jpg

“Every woman has these same two questions: First, “Is it a baby?” “No” the counselor assures her. “It is a product of conception (or a blood clot, or a piece of tissue)… How many women would have an abortion, if we told them the truth?

– Carol Everett, former owner of two clinics and director of four​

People it is simple, there is but one question, is a fetus alive?

All kinds of things are alive without us granting them the sort of protection and value we do with people.

Yes, but only one kind of thing is alive and a member of the human race.

And there are all kinds of things that are alive and not human which are given far more respect and protection than human fetuses, by the exact same people who want to treat fetuses like infected tonsils.

I just don't like when the argument is put so simply as whether or not a fetus is alive. :dunno:

Why, precisely, given that that IS the actual point of contention here?

That is not a point of contention. I doubt even the most ardent pro-choice advocate would argue that a fetus is not alive (or at least part of a living being). Instead, I think the points of contention would be whether a fetus is a person, or whether it is a separate being from the mother.

I would guess that the fetus being a separate living being is the point you are saying is in contention.
What else is it if it isn’t a separate living being? There’s no magic going on here, it’s living, it’s human, it’s separate. There’s no magical benchmark of “oh, exactly 22 weeks since conception, it’s now a living separate being.” We all know what happens, well, most should and those who don’t are willfully blind. It meets every threshold of the scientific definition of life. It’s not it’s mother, it’s not a tumor, it’s not an extra bag of skin, it has its own unique DNA. It’s not a fly, it’s not a horse, it’s not a sock, it’s not anything that’s not a human.

Person is an abstract term. What constitutes a “person”? Why are we basing what is and isn’t life on these abstract terms when we’ve had a functioning scientific definition of human life, and life in general, a long ass time ago?

Universal health care'
Affordable Housing
A living minimum wage

And no they are not controlled experiments under optimum conditions, they are massive double blind studies conducted over the course of many years, using a wide variety of patients, conducted by 3rd party research outfits. That of course is after extensive R&D, and extensive animal testing before they even get into human trials.

One again, your “alternative facts” get in the way.

Birth Control Effectiveness: How Risky is Your Birth Control?

If birth control in the real world, world as well as it did in controlled experiments, then 1/4 of all women in the US wouldn’t be getting abortions would they?
Oh this is rich, my “ alternative facts”? So, are you saying that if you don’t take your medication as prescribed, it’s not going to work as prescribed? That’s outrageous. I guess you learn something new everyday. “Typical use” is just code for people who don’t take their meds as prescribed. It’s a pill a day, whatever time of the day you want, whatever works for you. If you can’t handle that massive responsibility, get mirena. One gyno visit every 5 years and you’re good. I don’t know what to tell you other than duh on this one.

And no, 1/4 of all women are not getting abortions, we already went over this. There can be repeat abortions, you’re not limited to just one. And even if that were the case, that 1/4 of all women are not all on birth control. According to your own article, only 8% of them would be getting pregnant while SELF REPORTING that they use birth control. That would be the 8% who can’t handle taking a single pill a day.

So where exactly are my alternative facts? Your own article admits that yes BC is 99.9% effective. If you take an aspirin, rub it on your skin, guess what, that’s not going to have it’s drsired effect. That doesn’t mean aspirin doesn’t work. Why am I having to explain this?

Universal health care'
Affordable Housing
A living minimum wage

That is quite an unhinged rant that completely fails to address the issue that I raised and exposed your delusion that outlawing abortion will end abortion. It is not just about birth control either. To be clear, I am not "pro abortion" I am pro choice. There is a big difference.

My question to you was, and still is : Are you really pro life? Again, these are the questions that I asked which you avoided.

Do you support......

Universal health care'
Affordable Housing
A living minimum wage

This is a test to prove that you are really pro life as opposed to being "pro fetus" like most of you hysterical anti abortion people are.

Last edited:
One again, your “alternative facts” get in the way.

Birth Control Effectiveness: How Risky is Your Birth Control?

If birth control in the real world, world as well as it did in controlled experiments, then 1/4 of all women in the US wouldn’t be getting abortions would they?
Oh this is rich, my “ alternative facts”? So, are you saying that if you don’t take your medication as prescribed, it’s not going to work as prescribed? That’s outrageous. I guess you learn something new everyday. “Typical use” is just code for people who don’t take their meds as prescribed. It’s a pill a day, whatever time of the day you want, whatever works for you. If you can’t handle that massive responsibility, get mirena. One gyno visit every 5 years and you’re good. I don’t know what to tell you other than duh on this one.

And no, 1/4 of all women are not getting abortions, we already went over this. There can be repeat abortions, you’re not limited to just one. And even if that were the case, that 1/4 of all women are not all on birth control. According to your own article, only 8% of them would be getting pregnant while SELF REPORTING that they use birth control. That would be the 8% who can’t handle taking a single pill a day.

So where exactly are my alternative facts? Your own article admits that yes BC is 99.9% effective. If you take an aspirin, rub it on your skin, guess what, that’s not going to have it’s drsired effect. That doesn’t mean aspirin doesn’t work. Why am I having to explain this?

Stop telling me what statistics put out by pharmaceutical companies tell us and start realizing that there is nothing about your campaign that is “pro-life”. Banning abortion isn’t “pro-life”. It’s anti-abortion and it has never worked in the history of the world.

In every jurisdiction where abortion is banned, women who have natural miscarriages are treated as “suspects” and instead of getting support and treatment, they’re treated badly.

Banning abortion doesn’t end abortion. It just drives it underground. Women end up bleeding out in hospital emergency rooms. And you do end up with orphanages full of children. Just look at what happened in Romania under communism.

Being pro-choice allows you to choose to follow your religious beliefs and carry the child to term. It doesn’t affect YOU. YOU can do what you deem right.

Again I say that jurisdictions with universal health care, mandated paid maternity leave, government funded daycare for low income families, and job security for pregnant women have half the abortion rate of the US.

Right wingers refuse to address the causes of poor women aborting their unborn children, and instead try to promote a false image of who is having an abortion and why, in order to continue to have fools like you support their war on the rights of women.

...I said a dead baby is a dead baby, and your justifications and excuses won't wash the blood away.

A pro-abortion person marked my post as "funny."

So, pro-abortion people think dead babies are "funny."

Anyone who thinks a dead baby is funny is damned.
Dead baby parts are very profitable to the progressive’s... Fact
Feminists love to kill the helpless....

...I said a dead baby is a dead baby, and your justifications and excuses won't wash the blood away.

We think those who oppose a woman’s right to decide when or if she is going to have a baby, are messing in stuff that is none of their business.

If you think abortion is wrong, don’t have an abortion. It’s that simple.

But giving men the right to decide what a woman can do with her body, is wrong. It takes away the free will God have us when he created all of us.

There are no laws governing what men can do with their bodies. None. You have no right to tell women what to do with theirs. How many children they must have. Or any other matter deserving privacy.
What about the most Innocent party involved… The child?
That is why the federal government should not be involved in anyway...

Now are you for healthcare for all?
Insurance/single payer is not healthcare

Slavery was ended after a bloody Civil War that cost the lives of 600,000 Americans, and it might take something like that to end abortion. But abortion will end, that day is coming, because those on our side will never stop fighting until it ends.

it just goes by a different name called "human trafficking".
Slick Willy loves himself some human trafficking

It's kind of fun watching Blackrook meltdown. Does a Catholic have to confess meltdowns to pedophile priests?
Catholics represent Catholics and only Catholics… As far as the priests homosexual behavior goes... why would you care?

We think those who oppose a woman’s right to decide when or if she is going to have a baby, are messing in stuff that is none of their business.

If you think abortion is wrong, don’t have an abortion. It’s that simple.

But giving men the right to decide what a woman can do with her body, is wrong. It takes away the free will God have us when he created all of us.

There are no laws governing what men can do with their bodies. None. You have no right to tell women what to do with theirs. How many children they must have. Or any other matter deserving privacy.

All women usually have a choice in whether to have a baby or not. Place one knee tightly against the other and squeeze.

Why don't you just keep your dick in your pants.

I do, thank you!

Do you have unprotected sex every time you see one? Who has the problem here?

Never mind. You could never get pregnant by the normal route. One look at you would cause impotence.

Have a nice day! :D

I have been married for more than a few decades. LOL. That should answer your question.

More than half of the women who have abortions in any given month are married or in a long term committed relationship. Are you seriously suggesting that married couples should forego sex unless they are prepared to give birth to a child they cannot afford to raise?

You don’t want people to have children they can’t afford. You don’t want to pay for income supports for poor families, or for their health care, or to educate their children.

You don’t want poor women to have job security if they become pregnant, nor do you want them to have maternity leave or subsidized health care.

But should a poor woman get pregnant with another child she cannot afford to raise, you want to make damn good and sure she pays dearly for having had sex, or having her birth control fail because she had a choice. She coulda kept her legs closed.
Lol
Not getting pregnant is extremely easy to do, it’s called responsibility. Most abortions are not a product of responsibility. No one should ever have to pay for someone else’s responsibility. So shut the fuck up

Dead baby parts are very profitable to the progressive’s... Fact
Feminists love to kill the helpless....

Fact: you’re a paid Russian troll who is just here to stir up trouble.

All women usually have a choice in whether to have a baby or not. Place one knee tightly against the other and squeeze.

I do, thank you!

Never mind. You could never get pregnant by the normal route. One look at you would cause impotence.

I have been married for more than a few decades. LOL. That should answer your question.

More than half of the women who have abortions in any given month are married or in a long term committed relationship. Are you seriously suggesting that married couples should forego sex unless they are prepared to give birth to a child they cannot afford to raise?

You don’t want people to have children they can’t afford. You don’t want to pay for income supports for poor families, or for their health care, or to educate their children.

You don’t want poor women to have job security if they become pregnant, nor do you want them to have maternity leave or subsidized health care.

But should a poor woman get pregnant with another child she cannot afford to raise, you want to make damn good and sure she pays dearly for having had sex, or having her birth control fail because she had a choice. She coulda kept her legs closed.
Lol
Not getting pregnant is extremely easy to do, it’s called responsibility. Most abortions are not a product of responsibility. No one should ever have to pay for someone else’s responsibility. So shut the fuck up

What does a MAN know about getting pregnant or not getting pregnant. Is your period regular, do YOU tolerate strong hormones well? Do you have any allergies to latex, or the chemicals used in spermicides? Are you willing to take drugs which increase your risk of heart attack or cancer?

Go home Russian troll.

Can't they just do what they want anyway?

Not if they can't afford the means not to get pregnant. Do you think women just have abortions like water runs from your faucet. Most women think long and hard before it and you will find its mainly the poorer women who get abortion with no resources, like a mother or grandmother to take care of the child, and by the way what are the wealthy women's excuse for getting an abortion.
Double negative. It's tricky.

Are you even listening to your logic?

If they can't afford the cost of prevention, then they certainly can't afford the cost of the pregnancy or abortion. Maybe, just maybe, they should factor that into their decision making. God forbid, they take accountability and responsibility for their decisions and actions.

And yet men try to lay as many as they can. Maybe the men should think first. I am pro choice up to and including the 24th month and nothing will change my mind on that.
Like I said before it takes two to tango.

But given that men can and do walk away that is just more good reason for women to act responsibly to protect their best interests.

The women who are getting abortions aren’t party girls looking for a good time. They’re poor women who had sex with their husbands and whose birth control fails.

80% of these women live at or below the poverty line. None have job security if they become pregnant. Over half are married or in a committed relationship. 13% identify as evangelical Christians. More than half have one or more children already.

Only 15% of these women are teenagers and most of those who are teenagers are in their late teens. The vast majority are women in their 20’s.

When you look at the reality that it’s not good time party girls who are getting abortions but young and poor married couples who can’t afford to have more children, the whole abortion debate gets turned on its head.

The abortion rate in the US is being driven by Republican economic policies. Countries with FREE abortions, like Canada, have half the abortion rate of the US because of liberal economic policies.

Republicans talk the talk about opposing abortion, but do nothing to help the poor women lining up to terminate pregnancies they cannot afford, other than call them murderers.

Republican hypocrisy at its best. Punishing and shaming poor women for daring to have sex.
No one should have to pay for other peoples fuck ups....

I do, thank you!

Lol

What does a MAN know about getting pregnant or not getting pregnant. Is your period regular, do YOU tolerate strong hormones well? Do you have any allergies to latex, or the chemicals used in spermicides? Are you willing to take drugs which increase your risk of heart attack or cancer?

Go home Russian troll.
No one should have to pay for anyone else’s responsibility… It’s not the right thing to do

Forum List

Back