It has become painfully, even fatally, obvious we have a police problem in this country......

The Police should be kept away from peaceful protests. There's no reason for them to be there. It comes off as intimidation and incitement.
Most "peaceful protests" aren't peaceful at all, especially BLM protests. The police are needed to quell their riots.
One more example of violent protest.

By all accounts this protest was extremely peaceful- and had been coordinated with the Dallas Police Department- right up to the point where the asshole started shooting at police officers.
Don't talk to me about rare incidents..

I am not talking about 'rare incidents'- I am talking about the relevant recent protest.

But most protests are indeed peaceful.

One thing is clear, the Police State will benefit from these tragedies. More justification for taking more Citizen's rights away. A real Win-Win for Big Brother. :(
What police state? Are you talking about Russia or China? You are certainly not talking about the US because that would be a lie.

It is possible to support the police & condemn the bad apples.

Just wanted to remind people of that fact.

I support the men in blue, do you? I still believe that last night's horrific events do not mean we should not strive to make our police force better by utilizing better screening for new hires.

At the same time the chants of death to cops must stop. Freedom of speech does not give you the right to incite violence.

Well said. Thanks.
Also true that there's a LOT less of that going on than you would think watching Fox etc etc etc. And people like Sharpton have been lied about a helluva lot too......
I never watch fox. I speak from the experience of watching some of those peaceful protests. Mostly violent militancy. Police should ALWAYS BE AROUND TO COUNTER that militancy. I have been assaulted at one of those "peaceful demonstration" just for being in the area and being white. No militant protests should ever not be surrounded by the police, and the police need to be more proactive against the violence those "peaceful" demonstrations. My family and I have never had a racist bone in our bodies, but I resent the implications blacks aim at me.
You are certainly misinformed by the GOP propaganda machine and/or its viewers...the GOP bs mythology is strong. Straight assault for no reason?
The misinformation is coming from you. I am a Dem, at lest have been up to this election and I am fully informed by the facts, not the propaganda your weak kneed left wing extremists put forth. When you talk about "peaceful" demonstrations, you should get out there next to one. Be prepared to run for your life. I DO AGREE THAT THE GOP IS wrong, but left wing extremists like you are wrong too, equally so..
Straight assault, no burglary? Where were you? What city? There are a-holes everywhere...many gang members taking advantage...

If you want GOP lies about Sharpton, no problem. Left wing extremists my butt...

The police didn't just wake up one day and decide to single out blacks, here are the stats from Obama's own DOJ...

Using figures for the 2013 racial mix of the population–62.2 percent white, 17.1 percent Hispanic, 13.2 percent black–we can calculate the average likelihood of a person of each race attacking the other. A black is 27 times more likely to attack a white and 8 times more likely to attack a Hispanic than the other way around.

During the 2012/2013 period, blacks committed an average of 560,600 violent crimes against whites, whereas whites committed only 99,403 such crimes against blacks. This means blacks were the attackers in 84.9 percent of the violent crimes involving blacks and whites.

Interestingly, violent interracial crime involving blacks and Hispanics occurs in almost exactly the same proportions as black/white crime: Blacks are the attackers 82.5 percent of the time, while Hispanics are attackers only 17.5 percent of the time.
POOR people, same stats. Coincidence? LOL.

Being poor gives you the right to rape, assault, and murder?

And I believe congress needs to get involved.

First & foremost this is not an excuse for thuggish or criminal behavior. Nor is it a condemnation of police in general.

In the past I have created threads saying that the black community needs to get control of the culture in their inner cities.

Now it is time to recognize that we have a problem in the police community. It has become terribly obvious that temperament & judgment is an issue that the police departments across our nation are not paying a lot of attention to with regard to their hiring practices. So many police shootings seem to be questionable and it usually boils down to judgment. It makes me wonder if the screening process for selecting candidates is adequate. I also wonder if the pay is too low? So low that it attracts too many of the wrong individuals? It's like we just hire whomever applies as long as they pass a back ground check with little regard to their psychological well being or ability to function under extreme stress.
If you watch the video posted to Facebook after this latest shooting you can hear the sheer terror in the officers voice AFTER he had already killed the individual. He sounded like a child who was scared shitless.
Perhaps some nation wide standards could alleviate some of the problems with bad hires. We give these men and women a great deal of power over our daily lives so why not create some rational standards by which we determine who receives that power?

First .. and again .. I apologize for misjudging you earlier.

You should know that this is nothing new. African-Americans have lived with this evil all our lives. If anything, it's gotten better. The difference is technology has advanced to the point that we can bring this horror right into your living room. What you see on your screen today was far, far worse just a few short years ago.

Through black alliance with democrats and liberals, we've reduced the incidences of police terrorism and horrors. But these horrors are still intolerable, still evil, decidedly racist.

Republicans and conservatives have always been blind to these horrors, and most will remain so no matter what they see.

I mentor middle school at-risk boys. When I meet them again next Tuesday, this will be what they want to talk about .. and again, they will ask why do I believe in a system that hates us. I won't deny that the system is not racist, nor that it doesn't target us .. it is, and it does. But I will remind them of all the horrors that we've been through, remind them of what has been accomplished. I will tell them that all that has been accomplished came through alliances with people of conscience, people who find racism and these horrors as intolerable as we do.

Politically, who would that be? I applaud your awareness, but typically, it would not be republicans.

The question of why blacks are overwhelmingly democrats has thus been answered.

Irrespective of her faults, Hillary Clinton is speaking directly to this issue and taking a stance. Trump hasn't said a word.

The question of why blacks will overwhelmingly go to the polls to vote for Hillary Clinton has been answered.

My point to you is that although you didn't see them, these horrors have been going on unabated long before technology opened your eyes to the truth.

You don't mentor crap. And unless you were of age in the 60's you haven't experienced anything you mention.

:lol: Fuck you idiot fool .. and yes stupid motherfucker, I lived the sixties.

You talk like a white dude trying to sound black.

Well.....the "problem" is concentrated on a small % who shouldn't be cops. Hiring standards have been lowered. So have training standards.

The simple math shows the "problem" isn't widespread. But out of 1,000,000 cops making 14,000,000 arrests per year.....it only takes about 5-10 bad videos per year to make it seem to be a massive problem.

Amercian Police are killing Citizens at a shocking rate. Possibly the most dangerous deadly Police Force on earth.
That is a LIE.....An absolute falsehood. Stop it....
Take your libertarian crap and cram it.

American Police may very well be the most dangerous Police Force on earth. Not only are they resorting to violence more & more, but they're now also imprisoning more Citizens than any other nation on earth. Sadly, our police have been turned into emotionless killing machines.

They've forgotten that their function is to serve the Citizens. Now it's all about kicking doors down and hunting Citizens. They're being trained as if they're waging war on the People. We need to reverse the Militarization process. Being a Soldier and a Police Officer, are two very different things. We need to move away from Military-style policing.

About the police killing at an alarming rate, Lie. Utter and complete bull shit.

About cops arresting more people, more lies and bull shit. Cops enforce laws, they dont make them. Dont like bad people in jail ? elect better law makers.

In short, you are full of shit. You would fold up if you knew some of the shit cops dealt with for about $15.00 an hour.

What we need is more government to solve the problem of an oppressive government!
I get your point but in this case I think regulations are needed in order to ensure the safety of the public.

According to lots of posters- starting a thread like this means you are responsible for the death of the Dallas police officers.

Apparently if you care about the dead Dallas police officers, you must also not care about the apparent shooting death of 2 unarmed black men by police officers.

Personally- I think the murder of the 5 Dallas police officers is a horrible tragedy- especially for their families.

And if those two men were unjustifiably killed- which it appears- we should be just as sympathetic towards that tragedy.

If you are referring to New Orleans as one of the two, that guy was a convicted felon who had a gun and it had been reported tht he had been brandishing the gun. More anti police bullshit.

Well.....the "problem" is concentrated on a small % who shouldn't be cops. Hiring standards have been lowered. So have training standards.

The simple math shows the "problem" isn't widespread. But out of 1,000,000 cops making 14,000,000 arrests per year.....it only takes about 5-10 bad videos per year to make it seem to be a massive problem.

Amercian Police are killing Citizens at a shocking rate. Possibly the most dangerous deadly Police Force on earth.

American Police may very well be the most dangerous Police Force on earth. Not only are they resorting to violence more & more, but they're now also imprisoning more Citizens than any other nation on earth. Sadly, our police have been turned into emotionless killing machines.

They've forgotten that their function is to serve the Citizens. Now it's all about kicking doors down and hunting Citizens. They're being trained as if they're waging war on the People. We need to reverse the Militarization process. Being a Soldier and a Police Officer, are two very different things. We need to move away from Military-style policing.

About the police killing at an alarming rate, Lie. Utter and complete bull shit.

About cops arresting more people, more lies and bull shit. Cops enforce laws, they dont make them. Dont like bad people in jail ? elect better law makers.

In short, you are full of shit. You would fold up if you knew some of the shit cops dealt with for about $15.00 an hour.

The U.S. does now imprison more Citizens than any other nation on earth. It's all about the Militarization. American Police are more aggressive and violent. It's gone too far. We need to scale things back a bit. Reverse the Militarization process and begin new training methods.

The U.S. does now imprison more Citizens than any other nation on earth. It's all about the Militarization. American Police are more aggressive and violent. It's gone too far. We need to scale things back a bit. Reverse the Militarization process and begin new training methods.
We have more criminals than any other country.

I disagree. We have too many laws, and we've Militarized our Police Force.

When is the last time you brought your lily white ass into a a police station that covers a high crime drug infested neighborhood. Or even talked to a cop who works in these places? Shut the fuck up

When is the last time you brought your lily white ass into a a police station that covers a high crime drug infested neighborhood. Or even talked to a cop who works in these places? Shut the fuck up

Sorry, but we do have too many laws and we have Militarized our Police Force. And that's contributing heavily to the increasing anger and violence.

Sorry, but we do have too many laws and we have Militarized our Police Force. And that's contributing heavily to the increasing anger and violence.

You didn't answer his question.

The Police should be kept away from peaceful protests. There's no reason for them to be there. It comes off as intimidation and incitement.
Most "peaceful protests" aren't peaceful at all, especially BLM protests. The police are needed to quell their riots.

I don't know, if it's a peaceful protest, the police really shouldn't be involved. Their presence can come off as intimidation and incitement.

How do you know whether a protest will be peaceful or not? How do you know there won't be counter-protesters there endangering the people with peaceful intentions.

People in large groups consistently do stupid things.

I think it's time to consider requiring police to stay certain distances away from peaceful protests. Their presence often comes off as intimidation and incitement. The People have the right to peaceful protest. The police don't have to be involved.

You seem to be ignoring the FACT that police have a responsibility to protect citizens and property and the FACT of how many times these protests have devolved into lawless riots, looting and burning. There is a consequence to this behavior, fix the lawless behavior and the rest will take care of itself.

No, actually, that is factually incorrect. The police have NO duty to protect you (even from a known threat!), and the Supreme Court has confirmed it!

I don't know, if it's a peaceful protest, the police really shouldn't be involved. Their presence can come off as intimidation and incitement.

How do you know whether a protest will be peaceful or not? How do you know there won't be counter-protesters there endangering the people with peaceful intentions.

People in large groups consistently do stupid things.

I think it's time to consider requiring police to stay certain distances away from peaceful protests. Their presence often comes off as intimidation and incitement. The People have the right to peaceful protest. The police don't have to be involved.

You seem to be ignoring the FACT that police have a responsibility to protect citizens and property and the FACT of how many times these protests have devolved into lawless riots, looting and burning. There is a consequence to this behavior, fix the lawless behavior and the rest will take care of itself.

No, actually, that is factually incorrect. The police have NO duty to protect you (even from a known threat!), and the Supreme Court has confirmed it!

We the people decide what the police duty is, we pay their salary, we are in charge got it.

We the people decide what the police duty is, we pay their salary, we are in charge got it.

No, actually, that is (still) factually incorrect. The police have NO duty to protect you (even from a known threat!), and the Supreme Court has confirmed it!

The police will do what we say or they will be looking for a new job.

You sure about that? It's looking more & more like we the People serve them now. We'll do what they say.

Last edited:

No, actually, that is (still) factually incorrect. The police have NO duty to protect you (even from a known threat!), and the Supreme Court has confirmed it!

You sure about that? It's looking more & more like we the People serve them now. We'll do what they tell us to do.

That is temporary, every oppressive regime in history has been put down by the people in due time. Typically the collaborators are rounded up and dealt with also, which doesn't bode well for liberals.

You sure about that? It's looking more & more like we the People serve them now. We'll do what they tell us to do.

That is temporary, every oppressive regime in history has been put down by the people in due time. Typically the collaborators are rounded up and dealt with also, which doesn't bode well for liberals.

Sadly it's looking more & more likely that we'll do what the say, or be killed and imprisoned. That seems to be the dark path we're heading down.

Forum List

Back