It finally died!

Terry

Shut the $%$ Up!
Jan 15, 2009
IMGP0194.jpg

310k miles on it, my son (19) took it just now to Wendy's to get a hamburger and he heard like metal clanking and you couldn't steer the car turned on or off. I think the drive shaft is gone.

My poor workhorse OJ ride.

it is on the inside too, but the steering has been very loose lately and I told hub to put it in the shop but he said, no I just want it to die then he'll put a new engine in it. Thank goodness my son was at the drive thru window when this happened. He called home to say he cannot move the truck..it's stuck at the window...Wendy's isn't happy he said. LOL

I'm sure it can be fixed.
With that many miles on it I think it will need a new engine, no sense on doing it part by part...he wants to just put it in and have new trans and engine put in however, we have to sell our SVT Cobra first I think.

This car is for sale:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c271/Lera213/IMGP0030-1.jpg

This car is our everyday:
http://s2.desktopmachine.com/pics/Cadillac_CTS_107_1024x768.jpghttp://www.autoclub.com.au/uploaded_images/cadillac-cts-2008-787751.jpg

Last edited:
I need my truck...I use it to haul all kind of stuff...and it's spring time...the time I most need it. It figures Murphy's Law!

April 14, 2009 the day it died.

With that many miles on it I think it will need a new engine, no sense on doing it part by part...he wants to just put it in and have new trans and engine put in however, we have to sell our SVT Cobra first I think.

If your son, god forbid, needed a new heart, would you just give up?

I think not!

Get the new engine, transmission, drive shaft, whatever, and keep your "child" alive!

If your son, god forbid, needed a new heart, would you just give up?

I think not!

Get the new engine, transmission, drive shaft, whatever, and keep your "child" alive!
I hear you, he shouldn't have been driving that truck! It's being towed now to our house. We can fix the driveshaft, which that is what it is.

IMGP0194.jpg

310k miles on it, my son (19) took it just now to Wendy's to get a hamburger and he heard like metal clanking and you couldn't steer the car turned on or off. I think the drive shaft is gone.

My poor workhorse OJ ride.

That car still looks great!

It is but it died, it's a 1996 XLT ford Bronco...my poor truck...I need it more than it needs me.

It is but it died, it's a 1996 XLT ford Bronco...my poor truck...I need it more than it needs me.

That's funny that you talk about your workhorse. Because our workhorse - also 1996 - Ford Windstar is in the shop and since we haven't heard from the mechanic, we're thinking that they will be too much in repairs to warrant keeping it.

Fords are pretty good cars...all the ones we have owned lasted a long time. Maybe the shop is busy, people are paying the money to fix a car these days instead of buying a new one. I hope it's something simple and doesn't cost a lot.

This bronco has been from Montana, to Main, to Texas, to Fla...and everywhere...it's just not right this car died like this at the local Wendy's Window...LOL It should have died in my driveway.

Once it's heatbeat starts again..and recovers...I'll have to spank it. :))

Call the White House, Obama says they offer warranties on american made cars, I am not sure if it covers Fords.

Call the White House, Obama says they offer warranties on american made cars, I not sure if it covers Fords.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

not sure a 1996 would qualify but if I can be lucky to show up at a town hall meeting with him maybe I can lay the guilt of being an opressed white woman and get a free car. :lol:

EXCELLENT time to buy a new car. Great deals. You might be surprised - get a good tradein on your
OJ Chase car.
Depending on your neighborhood, you could just park it in the yard for a few years, use it as a storage shed.
Look at car dealers, The deals are amazing. We should have severe recessions more often.

ps: My condolences. 310K is a long time to be together. Where should we send flowers ?

EXCELLENT time to buy a new car. Great deals. You might be surprised - get a good tradein on your
OJ Chase car.
Depending on your neighborhood, you could just park it in the yard for a few years, use it as a storage shed.
Look at car dealers, The deals are amazing. We should have severe recessions more often.

ps: My condolences. 310K is a long time to be together. Where should we send flowers ?
You didn't bother to click on the links to my other cars did you? Send Flowers to IRS...thanks.

Well I'll have to laugh later...I'm going to go rest the leg more.

Forum List

Back