It finally died!

I'm sure it can be fixed.
With that many miles on it I think it will need a new engine, no sense on doing it part by part...he wants to just put it in and have new trans and engine put in however, we have to sell our SVT Cobra first I think.

This car is for sale:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c271/Lera213/IMGP0030-1.jpg

This car is our everyday:
http://s2.desktopmachine.com/pics/Cadillac_CTS_107_1024x768.jpghttp://www.autoclub.com.au/uploaded_images/cadillac-cts-2008-787751.jpg

Yeah...you might want to reverse that.. Sell the every day car, and drive the "sell" car every day. :D

IMGP0194.jpg

310k miles on it, my son (19) took it just now to Wendy's to get a hamburger and he heard like metal clanking and you couldn't steer the car turned on or off. I think the drive shaft is gone.

My poor workhorse OJ ride.

Just a drive shaft ?? pfffffffft easy fix. Quit belly achin ! :lol:

IMGP0194.jpg

310k miles on it, my son (19) took it just now to Wendy's to get a hamburger and he heard like metal clanking and you couldn't steer the car turned on or off. I think the drive shaft is gone.

Ball joints too! What we cannot figure out is why the steering is so loose. You drive over a little bump in the road and the truck goes all over the place. Any clue what causes the steering to be so loose?

IMGP0194.jpg

Ball joints too! What we cannot figure out is why the steering is so loose. You drive over a little bump in the road and the truck goes all over the place. Any clue what causes the steering to be so loose?

I'll include a free diagnosis when I check out the drive shaft and ball joints

IMGP0194.jpg

I'd start with the linkage and go from there.

All of this raises the question, when DO you replace a car,,,,when it's so old you can't find the parts to repair it, or at the first sign of trouble, or......when you just want another?

Probably the answer lies somewhere in the budget. :razz:

I'll include a free diagnosis when I check out the drive shaft and ball joints
Well it wasn't the drive shaft after all, it was a belt and a pulley broken and something else. But I'm thinking the steering damper needs to be replaced. *shrug*

All of this raises the question, when DO you replace a car,,,,when it's so old you can't find the parts to repair it, or at the first sign of trouble, or......when you just want another?

Probably the answer lies somewhere in the budget. :razz:
I know, we have other cars but this Truck is really worth keeping. I cannot tell you how many people wish they had this truck. It's easy to get to the engine to repair things, loads of room, not like cars these days that under the hood is so tight you have to remove the engine just to work on it. Pain in the Ass! Not the bronco!

My Truck:

My%20Truck.jpg

1997 Ford F-150 XLT, loaded to the max, with 120,000+ miles on it, never had one problem not even a flat tire.

Me, in my truck:
FUCKChevy!.jpg

Which makes it a much more dangerous thing!

IMGP0194.jpg

I'm surprised an American-made car could last that long. :D

Nice truck and I would trade my truck for that one anyday but no such good thing will happen to me. Don't need another car payment either so I'm stuck with my bronco which I do love. It took the bronco 310k miles to finally give me hickups...not bad at all!

IMGP0194.jpg

I'm surprised an American-made car could last that long. :D
pfffft silly you!

My Truck:

1997 Ford F-150 XLT, loaded to the max, with 120,000+ miles on it, never had one problem not even a flat tire.

Me, in my truck:
FUCKChevy!.jpg

Which makes it a much more dangerous thing!
I SEE YOU!!!!!!hahahahahahahaha, you're without your cape!!! I know who is behind that mask man now!

A true texan look!

Nice truck and I would trade my truck for that one anyday but no such good thing will happen to me. Don't need another car payment either so I'm stuck with my bronco which I do love. It took the bronco 310k miles to finally give me hickups...not bad at all!
I forgot to mention, I paid cash for it so have never had a payment. Which is also nice!

YOU have a a big balloon payment on the OJ ride now.... New engine and tranny gonna be a chunk!

Last edited:
]I SEE YOU!!!!!!hahahahahahahaha, you're without your cape!!! I know who is behind that mask man now!

A true texan look!
Yeah, I haven't actually wore the mask and cape since probably '95... But I do still have it hanging in the closet!

I forgot to mention, I paid cash for it so have never had a payment. Which is also nice!

YOU have a a big balloon payment on the OJ ride now.... New engine and tranny gonna be a chunk!
We priced the engine at $5 grand and I have no idea about the tranny but probably around 2 grand for that. Right now I can drive it short distance. I'm taking it today to the tea party because I don't want the cobra to be "Keyed" by someone and hub took the caddy today. *sigh*

We priced the engine at $5 grand and I have no idea about the tranny but probably around 2 grand for that. Right now I can drive it short distance. I'm taking it today to the tea party because I don't want the cobra to be "Keyed" by someone and hub took the caddy today. *sigh*
I don't know if your old engine has a carburetor, if it does get the upgrade to fuel injection for the new one!

You'll look good showing up at the TP in a slow white Broncho!

I don't know if your old engine has a carburetor, if it does get the upgrade to fuel injection for the new one!

You'll look good showing up at the TP in a slow white Broncho!

Are you being sarcastic about showing up at the TP in my broncho? If so, it went over my head!

Forum List

Back